Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I really want to love3 Hearthstone, but I encounter the same issue I always do in CCG games... I just feel like I'd rather be playing Magic. This comes pretty close but the one really sticky point to me is how combat works. If my opponent can ignore my creatures to attack me directly, why would I ever run 1/1 creatures without taunt? They're essentially useless past the first three turns or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

How big is Broken Age, in terms of file size? I just refunded it when I was told it was too big even after clearing out a bunch of games I don't play anymore. I'd like to give it a shot but I don't know how much space I need to empty.

Alternatively, is there a way to coax the Google Play store to install on an SD card? I have tons of space on my phone, just not much internal storage left.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

I got that question about the water park too. I was tempted to say yes, but the survey said ahead of time that it wasn't paid.

I've noticed that, although as far as I know paid surveys aren't allowed to pay differently based on your answers, often I'll encounter surveys that I answer honestly, but in a way that onviously is counter to what they wanted (such as saying that, no, I haven't been to Walgreen's lately) and encounter an "error" crediting my account, and that they'd "try again later," which never happens. So now I generally say I've done things just because I know they won't pay me otherwise, which is exactly the type of behavior things like this are supposed to weed out.

For the record, if you say no to that question the survey just ends, and doesn't tell you it was a test.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Coldbird posted:

Do you also answer those phone surveys where they promise you a $5 Starbucks gift card?

I sure as hell would if they worked like Google's. The key difference is Oppinions surveys take like 3 seconds to do and pay out instantly. Those other surveys aren't actually trying to get information - they're getting you to visit 500 pages so they get adviews and/or force you to sign up for services (usually paid services) to get referall money.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Sorry for mentioning surveys again, but holy poo poo, FINALLY I got another one, it's been something like over a month since I last answered one. Anyway, it was actually my first 'location based' survey, which they explained beforehand. Are they finally going to be make this sort of thing regular in Canada? I know people in the States get these surveys all the time, but this was definitely the first time where my visit to Tim Horton's was relevant.

Rated only 3 stars because the staff sucked that day. :colbert:

I've never had a location-based survey ask me to rate anything before. The standard template seems to be "When was the last time you visited [x location I was at an hour ago]?" followed by "How did you get there?" where the options are "walking," "driving," "biking," or "public transportation." Occasionally I'll also be asked to pick out where I've been recently from a list and then asked no followup questions.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Do you really get those the same day you visit the location? Mine always seem to be two days later.

Sometimes, yeah. Sometimes a day or two later.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Bethesda says Fallout Shelter is coming out for android "in a few months."

So... when Fallout 4 is out and nobody cares about it anymore.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

Popular Japanese cat collecting game Neko Atsume is now available in English.

Is it weird that I'm annoyed at my copy autoupdating to the english version? I liked the idea of someone picking up my phone and finding this inscrutable Japanese thing in my games folder.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Dodoman posted:

Oh hey the Age of Empires game won't launch if your phone is rooted.

This is the dumbest form of AP ever.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

mrkillboy posted:

:siren: Adult Swim Games just posted a link on Twitter for anyone wanting to get their hands on Pocket Mortys a day early: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.turner.pocketmorties

Its apparently for the first thousand only so get squanching!

poo poo yes, thanks bro.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Played a bit of pocket morties.

Beat-for-beat recreation of Pokemon, minus the story elements and dumbed down a bit. Dungeons are randomly generated. Wild morties appear on-screen, no random encounters. IAP for gacha machine rolls for new morties and random items. There's a crafting system but I haven't found a payoff yet, just combined crafting components to make more crafting components. Music includes chiptune version of Goodbye Moonman. Haven't found a way to get more Pokeballs Mortyballs Morty manipulator chips yet.

Fun so far. A good attempt at boiling Pokemon down to something you can do while taking a poo poo. Would have rather paid cash for a full-on version with a persistent world and a plot, but this is in line with what I expected.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Rick and Morty game is fun, not liking how I can't leave dimensions until I beat them though. I guess it forces me to not hoard healing items and use them, but the pokemon childhood within me cringes.

You can let yourself black out to get back to the citadel, if you want. There's no real penalty as far as I can tell, other than missing out on the stuff in that dimension (since the next time you go into the portal, you'll end up in a newly generated one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

I love when they send you the same survey multiple times. So far, I've gotten a survey for Arby's because I was there on Saturday. It asks which of the following I've visted recently, when I was at Arby's, and how I'd rate my visit from 1-5 stars. The first time, I got $0.25. This time, I got $0.37. The only change in the survey was the places that weren't Arby's.

I hope they send it to me a few more times...

Oh, they will.

A few months ago the company I work for signed up for this service and now I get surveys every few days asking when the last time I was at work was and how I'd rate my experience. I'm torn between always giving 5 stars to make us look better or always giving 1 star for the sake of honesty.