Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

New Leaf posted:

So, I can't say anything for sure really, but I might have been beta testing a game based on a popular zombie comic book that has spawned a popular zombie television show that will be releasing in the next few weeks, and if I was, I'm sure it was a shitload of fun. I would probably highly recommend it once that thing comes out, if I could talk about it at all. It might be an episodic squad-based combat city building game or something like that. I don't know. I guess we'll all find out together.

And yeah, you read that totally hypothetical thing right- it would be based on the COMICS. Which is pretty cool. EDIT: Would be pretty cool. Would be.

It's based on Rebuild isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Star Trek Online is alright

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I'm stuck on doing 188 damage at once.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

Fair enough

Ninja - When in the boat view in Pagoda, look at the background to the right of your boat, he's very transparent but there.

I went back with a full boat and I can't find him :saddowns:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

I hear he spawns in different places but he's REALLY transparent. I found him just off the right edge of the boat where the land meets the water.

I found him...

then I did the reset :v:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I've been playing this weird match-five and gambling hybrid game called Faif.

Its really fun and I can't fully explain why so I'll try and summarise the mechanics. The gambling aspect comes from the RNG picking one of the tiles from the group you selected. There are swords,hearts,skulls and diamonds. You can combine whatever tiles you want in your turn, as long as the total number of tiles is 5 and they are all adjacent to each other. Additionally you need one sword and a skull in your combo if you want to attack your opponent, but if you land on the skull you take the damage instead. The more skulls you have in your set of 5, the more damage you do/receive. You collect diamonds for in-game improvements/buffs/spells and there might be long term benefits after you get to certain levels (I can't confirm that because I still haven't beaten the first boss :v:). The AI plays by the same rules so they get screwed over as often as you do. There's multiplayer as well but I haven't tried so I can't tell you what the experience is like.

The UI is really slick and the music is pretty good if you like kazoos and didgeridoos. It's definitely worth the 2$ the guy is charging for it.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Poopy Palpy posted:

Is there a particular time we should set aside for it?

419 or 421

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The port of geometry wars 3 is suprisingly good, it even has autofire on by default

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Suran37 posted:

Is there anything like Super Stardust? I've got an itch to play it lately.

Geometry Wars 3 just came out. This iteration is a lot more like SSHD than the previous titles.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Well I finished chapter 1 and moved onto chapter 2, hopefully I didn't miss too many bears.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
There's a free spot in your notification bar.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
It's fun but very clearly an alpha. He's implemented a neat UI scaling feature which makes it easy to touch and place stuff but there's not much to do really. Right now the basic gameplay loop is place RCI plots -> utilities -> increase attractiveness -> more RCI plots.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
They released Doom/Doom 2 RPG for iOS years ago.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The new update for Alphabear is pretty good. They've added challenge levels which are loving hard (the chapter 3 challenge needs 56850 for a gold egg), around 20 new bears, and they've tuned the difficulty some.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The rushing stuff hasn't been working for me, I consistently get more failed rushes than successful ones.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone want a modified Fallout Shelter save file? 390 lunchboxes and 10 Mr.Handy's.

The vault is numbered 420 though.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

General Maximus posted:

So I want to play Fallout Shelter but my phone is a relatively ancient Samsung thing that doesn't have the required minimum version of Android. (Needs 4.1, mine is I think 2.3.) Someone in in the Fallout 4 thread mentioned a thing called Bluestacks which appears to be an emulator of sorts but I tried it and the very first thing it did was bluescreen my computer and the second thing it did was put shortcuts on the desktop and in the start menu that point nowhere at all so nope, gently caress that.

Is there any way I can, legally, play this game that doesn't involve me either buying a new phone or tablet or borrowing the same from someone?

CappyBottoms posted:

How did you get that many?

I am jelous!

The answer to both of these is bluestacks/andy.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Yeah sure why not.

Also I have no problem with vault 420 :snoop:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzk3b4ZOjMCiUUZIYlg2M3ZsX2M/view?usp=sharing

Put the file in android/data/com.bethsoft.falloutshelter/files

Valid names for the save files are Vault1/2/3.sav, rename it to avoid overwriting your current save file.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Jiro posted:

So we don't need an altered game or anything?

No root and no modifications required.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Did you start a new vault first? I don't know if it will work with a fresh install.

This is the full path

/storage/sdcard/android/data/com.bethsoft.falloutshelter/files/VaultX.sav

If you've moved the app to your SD card you'll have to put the file there. There should be a bunch of files besides the .sav file in the folder.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
You can post people at the Vault Door room and they'll guard that area, it's a good way to stop incoming raiders in their tracks.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
This Amazon underground thing feels weird, I just 'spent' 200$ on IAP for Shadow Strike because I wanted to see what I could do with it. I upgraded the best drone, played a mission and deleted it because :effort:. Without the IAP train most of these games lose their luster and there is no urge on my behalf to play them.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Deep Winter posted:

So, is Pokemon Shuffle more like Puzzle and dragons, or puzzle quest?

Does pad allow you to move pieces anywhere on the board? If so then it is like PAD.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
There's a new Star Trek game out on the store

Star Trek:Wrath of Gems

:ughh:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
2 premium currencies and damage repair payments and regular currency grinds and roulettes for car parts. There's no limit.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

EzEight posted:

Is damage the stamina system?

No there's fuel for that.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
There's a new Japanese one which just came out iirc. It looked like it had dudes surfing or something?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Badly Jester posted:

Pro Strategy Football is finally out for Android. It basically lets you handle all aspects of play calling (e.g. formations, routes, primary receivers, blocking, etc) and then simulates the outcome.
It also lets you manage teams, but I can't comment on that part because I haven't tried it yet.

So far, I've been having a blast with it - if you like football strategy and don't need fancy graphics, you pretty much can't go wrong with this.

There are plans to eventually add (asynchronous) online multi-player (which was already part of the iOS version), but that's probably ways off and may end up being part of next season's version or something, so don't quote me on it. Functionality to edit team and player names is supposed to be patched in later this year, in case the Pittsburgh RB being called Beall upsets you. Stats actually reflect the real teams, though.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.batts.career2015
Note that there's two versions. The one I linked is the 'Career' version which includes team management, but there's also a version that lets you play the 2015 season and exhibition matches, but won't let you manage teams.

Is the core game is identical between both versions?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

StriderVM posted:

Hey guys, I got this phone :
http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/s5800/

There are two ways this phone can setup for use in games.
- Direct button setup (Most emulators support this)
- Built in app where you can drag icons of the system's buttons so pressing the button is basically a tap in that part of the screen.

Any suggestion for games could support such an Android phone? =)

Any game with controller support should work pretty well. GTA3/VC/SA, Tomb Raider and Max Payne are the obvious ones that come to mind.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
KOTOR is free via the Amazon underground app.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Works in the Middle East.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey the Age of Empires game won't launch if your phone is rooted.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure it (Minecraft) got put on sale for 10c at some point, that's the only reason I own it.

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 24, 2015

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I want to like Star Trek Timelines but it's broken/pay-walled 3 ways to the next warp dimension.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Most of my characters are stuck at level 19. There's an '!' next to their portraits and the advance button is lit up but it doesn't do anything.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

oops wrong forum posted:

you have to spend 5 minutes mashing the button in various ways to hit the magic pixel. Same from the Train button

Jesus :doh:

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Out of all the posters in the thread you've had the most luck with the RNG drops so your experience doesn't necessarily correlate with the rest of ours.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Start with Game Dev Story and work your way down from there.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Referral spam ahoy

http://goo.gl/Yc125C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Serious Frolicking posted:

I stopped getting tournament rewards.

It may become available a day later, it has happened twice to me so far.