Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

For tap wizard, what's the ideal way to spend the premium currency that seems super slow to accumulate? Get a helper at 500, or one of the power ups from that other tab? There's so much going on that asks for money I'm trying to avoid spending, hah.

Nighthand fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Is there a goon guild for Waifoods and Husbentos? I don't know if anyone stuck with it long enough to make one. Though honestly I'll only be sticking with it until it gets too tedious or I run into a wall only passable by spending cash on a bunch of rolls, probably.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Anyone have any recommendations for RPGs? I don't want Baldur's Gate and it's ilk, and I'll get The Quest eventually... Are the Kemco RPGs decent? The number of them makes me leery of poorly translated shovelware.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Playing Archero, I beat a boss and got the wheel to spin for an ad, and the ad... was a Korean ad for Archero.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm stuck in zone 4, feels like I'm just not strong enough for anything. It takes enough to kill anything that it becomes hard to avoid incidental hits, but each hit does a third of my health. I'm just stuck grinding gear until I can luck into a good run.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I'm giving it a shot but I feel like I'll bounce off it pretty soon. It reminds me a lot of that food-based gacha from a while back that went from 0 to "whale or you spend a week on a single objective" very quickly. There's also like 10,000 things going on and the engrish isn't great at explaining it all.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

After playing the randomizer a bunch I don't think I'd get much out of sotn on a phone, myself

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The Monument Valley games are also great little atmospheric puzzle games for one time purchase, though they're pretty short.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've been getting a bunch of ads recently for those "earn gift cards while playing games" apps and it makes me wonder how they work. Are they like the old website things where you'd browse through an iframe that shows you ads and "earn points" at an abysmally slow rate to eventually cash in for $5 in "cash"? That's basically what I figured, but I'm not about to install one to find out.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

There's a website that gives baba hints with no spoilers and progressive hints until you either figure it out or just get the solution, if that kind of assistance is your thing. Unfortunately it's a little annoying to use on mobile because of the way you highlight hints to reveal them. https://www.keyofw.com/baba-is-hint/overworld

It also may be outdated and they're could be a newer version somewhere but I haven't looked.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Got my hard mode Speedrun in slice and dice finally. Turns out sharpshot with the +4 to sides 4+ and rampage on the killshot trivializes a lot of the end game if you can roll it.

Liking this game a lot more than I initially expected to.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Got my Hard 2-win streak today, finally. Almost lost it on the final fight of the second run though. It was Hexia (with Stronger Monsters), and I had two units kill themselves with damage, finally killing Hexia itself. This left me with one imp remaining, and I had:

Leader with every side petrified except the 2 damage duplicate.
One of the healers with a cleave heal and the 1-point weaken, everything else petrified.
Artificer that had already used all of its single-use sides, so, six X sides.

All of them half-dead. I just barely managed it with the weaken stopping the imp from summoning, and landing the leader 1/6 to deal the damage to win it.

I think I unlocked three or four different achievements that run. It was the Hard streak, it was my last Hard run to clear each curse, and I got the "win a battle with at least four party members on 1hp" somewhere in there, and I think something else. Tense, though, I really had to play smart to win that second run.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

My new record

So close to an hour :argh:

Full on laser light show was pretty fun

My best so far. Fusion magic owns.

- The class that has a chance to reset scorching ray.
- Ray sub Satellite = bidirectional green lasers.
- Blizzard sub Incinerate = flame field around you.
- Tsunami sub Frost Nova = freezing tsunamis from all directions.

Plus I had some skill that just randomly deletes half the enemies around. It was hard to tell how often it went off, but every now and then everything would go off at once and I'd have basically a clear field, like I had used Armageddon when I didn't have it.

The other fusion combo I like is satellite sub spirit, which splits the satellites into two rings of smaller, rapidly-spinning sets, which work pretty well when you layer on some + satellite items.

Satellite sub Armageddon is garbage though. It turns them into one ginormous orbiting sun that obliterates anything it touches, but it's not fast enough or large enough to be as defensive as what you had before it, and the loss of Armageddon is pretty bad.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

explosivo posted:

Magic Survival feels a lot better now with that fusion mechanic out of the way.

Way harder though. I'm having trouble even reaching 25-30 minutes on the later zones, when my pre-patch records were in the 50s.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Away all Goats posted:

one of the new satliite upgrades combines all your satellites into one and you basically have a loving star orbiting you, its great.

That was actually one of the fusions before, satellite+Armageddon. But it didn't feel worth giving up geddon for so I never used it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Same. I played the game holding the phone upside down for a while but eventually decided seeing the timer wasn't that important.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I had a good run with focused incinerate, satellite with the relic that increases crit on each hit, tsunami, and Armageddon with the hp decrease option, and made it to 29 minutes. Probably would have topped 30 if I had ever gotten enhanced versions of most of my artifacts, but I kept not getting anything relevant.

Incinerate can shred the big guys but it's easy to get overwhelmed by stuff around you while doing it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Yeah there's a ton of them but you need access to the Mensa App Store to get them.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I played it on PC and the gameplay is clunky there too. It's just a clunky game, unfortunately. That and the gameplay loop gets stale pretty quick. I've liked the concept in games like Recettear and stuff but Moonlighter just didn't quite do it for me.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

RodShaft posted:

I find using the character that shoots lightning when you do damage and the smgs then just upgrading lighting and shoot speed as much as possible walks through the game.

I'm just about done with 20 Minutes (Have like two more runs on Darkness 15 to wrap up all the achievements) and honestly, pretty much everything can walk through the game unless you're trying a couple of the gimmicks, like pacifist.

Once you realize that there's really only 2-3 builds and it all kind of converges on screen-clearing bullet spam, it's just trivial. Saccade is a crutch for early Darkness levels and drops off later, summons are generally mediocre unless you go all-in on them with Lilith, and everything else is just synergistic bullet spam.

All in all, I've certainly gotten some playtime out of it, but it's not really that great a game. It's super repetitive, there's only like two minutes worth of the 20-minute runs that are potentially challenging, and there's just not a lot of variety. Most of the characters play basically the same by the end. The weapon variety is... okay, but also all kind of just converge into room-filling spam.

I did discover that if you get enough size/fire rate increases on the flamethrower it breaks the particle effects, though!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Which Dracula, or which game

Which Dracula, they're clearly talking about Castlevania

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Luck be a Landlord is fun, as was doing this to it

https://twitter.com/Nighthand/status/1418314076963446785?t=wmHB07xWbMESRXsW10pJLA&s=19

Pretty sure it's had numerous major patches since but you can always do wacky things with the right build.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Nighthand posted:

Luck be a Landlord is fun, as was doing this to it

https://twitter.com/Nighthand/status/1418314076963446785?t=wmHB07xWbMESRXsW10pJLA&s=19

Pretty sure it's had numerous major patches since but you can always do wacky things with the right build.

You could at least in the past end up where it's impossible for the rent scaling to catch up, but I don't think you can do this anymore... Still fun screenshots though.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Resdfru posted:

I think it's still impossible for rent scaling to catch up unless it ramps up exponentially at some point. How long did it take you to get to that point? Was it just crazy lucky combos? I think I've been doing this for a day and I'm about to take the the self guillotine cause it's boring but I have a compulsion to see the number go as big as possible. Even when I get my essence cat multipliers it just brings me up a little bit. I'm at 14 quadrillion now, can't see what my cat multiplier is at anymore

Edit: wait I just looked at your tweet. Your rent was 57k and mine is 65k so you got those crazy numbers way quicker

It was luck getting the perfect setup of exponential cats, and then carefully avoiding things that would break it. IIRC (this was a while ago) I stopped because the game started to crash.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I stopped getting those and now all they want is pictures of receipts for like 12 cents each once a week.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I've been playing a bunch of Dicey Elementalist, but I finished off the characters I have and rather than buy the next one, I went back to Dicey Dungeons.

Now I'm remembering why I fell off this game. I'm on the Witch elimination round.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I managed to beat Witch 4 by getting the counter spell/glass cauldron infinite. Tedious, but impossible to lose with once you have it.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Push El Burrito posted:

I wish I understood literally anything in Buriedbornes. I'm taking 0 damage and swiftly murdering everything until I get to the minotaur, who kills me in like 5 turns.

Same, except seemingly random enemies.

Oh a bee, I've killed half a dozen of those this run, I'll just oh nevermind you get to dodge everything I do until I'm dead.

Ran into a rogue after killing a dozen and this one got like 4x the number of attacks and I barely won.

Hit some unknown, press a button once, am greeted with a solid five seconds of effects going off on me that I only survive because the button I pressed was parry, but fail to land a bit and die to the same infinite cascade of effects every round.

I didn't play much BB1, but drat this poo poo is incomprehensible and I have no idea what's important to pay attention to in fights. Somehow still fun enough to keep going back to try, though.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Nighthand posted:

Same, except seemingly random enemies.

Oh a bee, I've killed half a dozen of those this run, I'll just oh nevermind you get to dodge everything I do until I'm dead.

Ran into a rogue after killing a dozen and this one got like 4x the number of attacks and I barely won.

Hit some unknown, press a button once, am greeted with a solid five seconds of effects going off on me that I only survive because the button I pressed was parry, but fail to land a bit and die to the same infinite cascade of effects every round.

I didn't play much BB1, but drat this poo poo is incomprehensible and I have no idea what's important to pay attention to in fights. Somehow still fun enough to keep going back to try, though.

I don't know what happened but I just had a build with a damage reflect skill, an evasion skill with a rune that made it proc when i reflected damage, an equipment with counter on it, and ?????

No idea what interaction caused it but I hit my buff and then sat there watching for several seconds as, apparently, i evaded and counterattacked my own buff, evaded my own self-counters and countered them, and just this cloud of COUNTER EVADE COUNTER EVADE sprung up over my character.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

delfin posted:

Now, Executioner is a dungeon reward. As you progress through the dungeons and successfully clear them, you will unlock a variety of new classes and races. I would like to tell you which one unlocks Executioner, but the Rewards panel for each dungeon only shows you what you haven't unlocked yet, so just go through them in order. The icon at the bottom right of the world map lists the dungeons in order; Highway - Caves - Spire - Nightmare - Temple - Slums are the first six in increasing order of difficulty.

Having just unlocked this, it's Temple.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

delfin posted:

I don't know that I was expecting their password system to be straight out of a bad NES game AND buggy, but... NussyGames.

Try this one, which is the latest one that "Syndicate ID copied to your clipboard" produced:

a77e2898-9a37-47e1-8c2a-87b49a4f8252

Confirming this one works.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Moonshades is another first-person dungeon crawler. I tried it and I remember bouncing off it eventually but I don't recall why offhand.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Kheldarn posted:

LOL! You kicked my wife out. 😂

Martha was doing work with those IAPs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

So buy it on the Switch, PlayStation, or Steam instead. It's a whole rear end game, the fact it's even on phones in the first place is kinda wild