Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I unlocked the airship.

Man, that reindeer is so powerful. I wonder if there's any drawbacks to using him, or the snowmen that I am stuffing onto my ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I grabbed Reign for a dollar. It's fun even if my reigns are always cut short.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Delpino posted:

Yeah, Armpit Hero requires calling and contacts permissions, and the error is this for not granting it, not the most endearing of trust:

The fact that it's broken english and also doesn't fit proper screen limits is a bit shady. If it just wanted files that's okay. I don't like giving most apps access to making calls.

I'm not even going to bother refunding for a penny.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Is the 2nd dungeon meant to not be possible to get to those two 'rooms' on the 5th floor?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I like how duel link is much quicker than the other yugioh game on mobile. While the other one is more faithful to the actual core rules of the game, it doesn't have Dan Green's voice acting.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Yeah, some of the default decks the characters come with are absolute garbage. But so are some of the decks of the default NPCs. Seriously, 800 max attack, and you summon it in attack position? When I have a Dark Magician active on the field? Are you trying to lose on purpose?
One thing I do notice is it's a battery vampire.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

There are some games that are lazy ports on Android. There are some amazing ones. RCT Classic falls in the latter category. RCT Classic is a very faithful port of the classic PC games. The only microtransactions are for the Wild World and Time Twister expansion scenarios. The toolpack is more to make your own scenarios and probably to bring some more in from the PC, but I have not played with it as I didn't buy it.
It feels like RCT. Just with touch controls. They didn't make it like a mobile game usually is with waiting for stuff and needing to pay real money for items. It is simply rollercoaster tycoon.

I play it on a Nexus 6P. A tablet would probably be able to see a little more, but I don't feel cramped with the touch friendly interface for the most part.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I just went with what I got. Some dude named Odin who seems to wreck enemies with his magic.

I don't need to reroll 1000 times.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

In the yugioh game, it just seems wrong to have Mai use Dark Magician and Dark Magician girl.

But screw the rules. It's better when Pegasus says 'Yugi Boy' instead of Kaiba.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/rpgs-mobile-bundle

KOTOR is in the $6 bundle.
Need I say more?

Also Shadowrun Dragonfall, I guess.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Speaking of Wayward Souls...

It's in the mobile bundle too. Just Beat the Average for that one.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Amazon Underground has many decent free kids games, including many Dr Panda games.

Unless you live in Canada.

Amazon removed free app a day for Canada when they introduced Underground, and Canada isn't getting Underground anytime soon.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Google has the instructions to make a Cardboard viewer right on their website. All you need is a box and something to cut the box with.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You have to buy the lenses too, right?

All the instructions are on Google's website for Cardboard.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

foutre posted:

Yeah, Dungeon Village took up basically a weekend when I first played it. Definitely my favorite kairosoft game, but haven't installed it again since.

E: speaking of kairosoft, had anyone tried 8 but farm? I want to play kairosoft Stardew Valley basically, would that be a good fit?

Nope. Not even close.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Unless you use Magisk then use the Magiskhide option if you have it rooted that way.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Cook Serve Delicious works really well on a mobile device. Some foods I dread making on PC are much easier on phone, like Soup.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

If you ever thought RollerCoaster Tycoon really needed a F2P card collecting element, RollerCoaster Tycoon Touch is out now in Canada and Holland.

Or if you need a good RollerCoaster Tycoon, RollerCoaster Tycoon Classic has you covered

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Well I did it.

All 6 Worlds (Super Mario Run) $13.99

Canadian dollars which is why it's a little more.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Keep us posted, I'm not really thinking about buying it, but you never know. Canadian also. Man, that exchange sucks.

You think I spent $13.99 of my money on it? I had a discount called 'Google Play Credit from surveys'.

If you're expecting an endless runner mario, you will be disappointed. There could be an endless running variety in it that I hope they add but as of yet the closest is Toad Rally.

The main 'story' is pretty short. Go through all the levels and rescue Princess Peach using only one button to play the entire game. Hardest level in the game is 5-4. Not saying why but it's BS. Beat all the levels even using easy mode and unlock Princess Peach as a playable character.

The other playable characters can't eat mushrooms. I don't know about Luigi, I don't have him unlocked yet. Just Mario, Toad (he's free to unlock), Peach, and Blue Yoshi. Some levels I have beaten in my first try, others have taken multiple trys. Some I haven't even gotten a perfect run in meaning not dying once.

Gripes with the game!
99 max toad tickets. Seriously. You hit 99, you can't carry a single one more. Why the hell did they decide 'oh, 99 is a good stopping point'. Extras don't go in an escrow that later gets taken out.
Always online. I understand why they decided to do this. If it wasn't, a mod could easily just unlock the entire game and Nintendo would go 'damnit'.
Even paying, there is a grind that is done by doing the Toad Rallys. There is a reason they give you at least 1 ticket a day.
There are absolutely no invincibility frames when picking up a mushroom if you play as Mario. Pick up a mushroom and there's a ghost there, you are still small Mario.
You can pop your bubble and die immediately because you drop into lava. Yes, this happened to me so many times on 5-4. Yes, it sucks.
There is no Bowser Jr.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Paladinus posted:

Looking at videos, this Mario game looks very dull compared to similar Rayman runners. Is this a fair assessment?

I actually find it sort of fun. It's why I decided to throw some of my survey dollars on it and use some of my actual money for it.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

The longevity in Mario Run is the Toad Rally. Or seeing the insane places they put the coins. A downside is when you lose a toad rally (you will lose), you lose some toads. As the purple toads are the hardest to obtain because the ghost house stages are utter bullshit, and you need 150 of them to unlock Luigi...

If the ghost houses weren't utter BS and were fun it wouldn't be as bad. The castle is fun. The airship is fun. The desert is fun. The grassland is fun. The mushroom platforms is fun. The cave is fun. The ghost house are utter BS and not fun at all.

Yes, you can just use the airship as it unlocks all types of toads. But you're going to have maybe 1 purple out of 30 toads you add from doing a run.

Also, once you unlock all 3 'minigames' it's trivial to get more toad rally tickets. One of them is REALLY easy to get at least 3 on every time.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I feel I have enough good cards in Duel Links to engage in PvP.

Only because I have a lot of 1700 atk 4* monsters now.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

EzEight posted:

Do share what you are running.
If its pure beatdown then you will have trouble passing Gold rank.

For a simple deck just run Dino Kingdom for 1900atk 4*. Gold rank is flooded with these decks easy to make if you are F2P too.

I'm just playing casual, not ranked.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

There's a reason why distracted driving laws exist. Cops don't care if you're stuck in gridlock you're still going to get a ticket.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

More time with Mario Maker, I can now give my proper opinion.

It's fun. Seriously. I have the full unlock and do NOT regret it whatsoever. Toad rally is really fun, and Luigi is the best character even if unlocking him was a bit of a pain. Toad Rally is where I am likely going to get most of my playthrough. Their current event is utter BS as you need to kill a total of 80 golden goombas that only randomly show up on a normal level, and you can either have an easy level that has just 1 appear, a 'medium' level where 2 appear, and a 'hard' level where 3 will appear, and they don't appear in easily accessible places.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I meant Run. I mix up the two. Not maker.

I was phoneposting and it autocorrects Run to Maker for some reason due to the suggestions.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

EzEight posted:

Any YGO Duel Link goons want to to leave their player ID so I can add them as a friend? You can share the Vegabond which is a great source of exp even if you lose.

Where do I find my ID by the way?

When you boot up the game before you hit initiate link.

My code is
094-054-880

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

EzEight posted:

From the Reddit it seems that changing equipment will cost gold...wtf...

Changing equipment costs coins, not gold. And it only costs coins when you remove it. Doesn't need the premium currency to remove them.

I am rocking with blue 3* Lu Bu, blue 4* Zhang He, and green 3* Wang Yuanji. Zhang is an absolute beast, and I have fused some 3* reds of him to beef up his skills.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Michaellaneous posted:

How is the new Kairosoft game, Bonbon cakery?

Newest one is Shiny Ski Resort. Bonbon Cakery is sort of old and full of microtransactions

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Shiny Ski Resort is a really good Kairosoft game. Great, even. Yes there's a few microtransactions but they're mostly for cosmetic stuff. The only thing that would change the game is Fast Mode.

Their new tapjoy thing probably gives you enough, but if you finish the game you get a Wairo Coupon for normal and one for hard. I guess, and you can use those for fast mode.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

The Sims Mobile is another money cashgrab. After the tutorial you find out how much money they want. Takes 1 hour to sleep or 6 hours to deep sleep. That's real time, not Sims time. Eating a snack is 3 hours. You feel drained of food and energy after doing almost anything.

It also softlaunched in Brazil but it's a f2p game. Not to mention Sims you make cannot interact with each other.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Knights of Pen & Paper 2 free is out now. In Canada, at least.

Changes: Combat they said got a rebalance. It means it's harder so you need to spend more time grinding. Economy is rebalanced. So you need to spend more time grinding. At least the only IAP is for coins. The previous DLC that cost real money you can now unlock by, you guessed it, grinding. But you don't technically need to spend a dime, just a bunch of time. Grinding.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Home Run High is pretty passive. You REALLY don't want to play games on regular speed, you just want to pick up the highlights.

Pocket Arcade Story has more 'action' as you actually can help your people win tournaments in the cheap fighting knockoff game they have that is really only 3 buttons.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

If it looks at all interesting but you're on the fence, there's an LP of Chroma Squad in the LP subforum so you can see how it's actually played.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Like Platformers on your mobile device?

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile/epic-platformers-mobile-bundle

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

1. Kairosoft Games. If I must pick, Game Dev Story.
2. King of Dragon Pass
3. Threes

I put Kairosoft at the top but didn't want to have my top 3 just being filled with Kairosoft titles.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I just bought Charizard in that drat Magikarp game. At least I didn't spend a real world dollar.

But in other news, Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow comes out on the 29th.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Xtanstic posted:

Is that the Simpsons Tapped Out reskin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gDcZ4tTG3o have a trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Usually they threw them in sdcard\Downloads\humblebundle

It still does, but after it's installed it deletes the .apk file.