Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

If you click on the quest log thing it should show a red x in the top right corner of each quest "card". Click on that and it'll replace that particular quest with a new one. I think you can only do it once for each daily set so pick whichever one of the three you least want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Sell raw ingredients. I haven't found any item where the final sale price covers the sale price of the base materials and the build cost.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

There's no place to put an application message that I could see. I've applied as MrThe Plague.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I've found it best to sell the lowest grade level-up materials for some extra credits on those repeatable missions, but it's still a slog trying to progress the story. It's a pity they gate you behind the player rating since the actual combat is pretty easy once you learn the enemy patterns. Crew missions tend to give you plenty of crystals and credits when those missions come up.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Been playing a neat idle/ city builder game.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.WipGames.idle

Idle town.

I wanted to like this but upgrading each building individually and the constant "WATCH AN ADVERT FOR FREE GEMS" popups that stop you interacting with anything till you close the box are frustrating.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Records the names of dead survivors and nothing else.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Don't think you can progress past level 100 till you reset. If you're near another tavern or vip upgrade do another couple of runs till you get it, otherwise feel free to reset whenever.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Nyaa posted:

Merchant is great for some bosses that have hundred thousands of hp later in the game, but more of a time saver than required at that point.

That's pretty much all I use them for myself, they're great for taking on the final boss of a dimension.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I've been holding off installing it cause of the permissions it asks as well, it would've been so much simpler if they explained why the permissions were necessary.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Am I ready for the Warrior's Dimension if I'm at ~75/80 on the all-class relics (that don't have limits, obv) and ~50 on the classes I use?

If you've beat the boss of your current dimension you're ready to ascend. There's really no value grinding unless you're close to unlocking another VIP upgrade.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

delfin posted:

As strange as this is going to sound, even though it's GPS-based you don't need a data plan to actually play it. There is some fun to be had sucking up wifi wherever you go and hunting down good spots to drop mines. That's how I run it and I'm over a trillion bucks, all the factory types and I've only been attacked by one guy so far.

I've been playing it lazy mode, I buy raw resources from the market and run them through my factories then sell the end product. It used to be insanely profitable but a recent update put a ui element in that shows the expected profit/loss for running factories with purchased materials so it became a much easier/more popular income source.

I'm in as ephphatha. I tried to add you tater but got a message that a user with that name doesn't exist.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Rapner posted:

Still at work but it's pretty standing still. Need to actually walk to do the tutorial.

There's a tutorial? I went for a walk around the block to test it out and got gently caress all of a new player experience. I did managed to work out how to catch pokemon eventually but I've got no idea what there is to do beyond that.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

cage-free egghead posted:

Are there any good ARG games similar to Ingress or Pokemon Go that are any good? I want to like Ingress but it seems like unless you're in some remote area you have no chance to contribute as everyone else is either spoofing or holding poo poo down thanks to their high levels.

I also finally tried Soda Dungeon and uninstalled it after a day, suuuuuuuuuper overrated.

There was a thread for location based games a while back but I think it's dropped into the archives. A few goons have been playing Resources Game which is a game about building up a mining/production empire. I've been enjoying it because resources are distributed across the globe according to some sort of noise function, so you don't need to live in a populated area to play.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

fyallm posted:

Sorry I meant the link to the game website. Not the link to download the app.

I only play the game, I've got no control over the store page. http://www.resources-game.ch/en/ is the devs website so as long as you trust a swiss/german programmer with your location you should be reasonably safe making an account. If it's asking for google login details it should either be signing in through Play Games or using Google OpenID, either way you'd be logging in to google and not providing that website with your email password.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Morter posted:

Regarding Minesweeper: Collector

How am I supposed to deal with this without guessing? (Also the top left [1] revealed a [2] in the corner, which didn't help. :negative:)

Your 3/2 pairing in the top left gives away enough information to mark one mine (next to the top skull as only one of the two unrevealed spaces adjacent to the 2 can contain a mine, so that space must have a mine to make the 3 true) which would let you reveal two more spaces with that 2 you revealed after the screenshot.

The 2/2 pairing immediately below and to the right also lets you reveal one space (above the third skull counting from the top left, one mine must be under the two spaces immediately above the 2s because of the left 2), which then lets you reveal another space with the 2/2/3 region in the bottom right (the square above and to the right of the rightmost 2, one mine must be under the two squares above the rightmost 2s for the same reason as before, one mine must be under the two squares to the right of the 2/3, so no other spaces adjacent to the rightmost 2 can contain mines).

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Saves to your phone fine. I played to level 4 before I bothered making an account and it synced without disrupting any of my progress.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

I've thrown in an application to the clone Evo guild as ephphatha as well. Glad to see there's no adverts, though there's plenty of areas for them to fleece you for cash.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

The portable puzzle collection is my go to for offline play. A bunch of different puzzles, free, no internet connection required.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

The 6, 3 column would require at least 10 spaces of the 15 available. Because there's only 5 spaces of leeway the sixth space from the top has to be part of the 6 group.