Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Hello Siralim players, is there a reason to extract cores from guys after you have enough to summon one? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Update: Siralim is really neat once you get into the dungeons though that first 5 minutes is excruciating, and I suppose I could go read all the books in the library but I'll take any opportunity to double post, so I'll ask here: what's the endgame? How do I Win (don't say 'badly' please).

Also the very first guy I fought was a Lich King, so yeah. That's a thing.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I completely missed the word 'Disgaea' from the Siralim plug post earlier. I feel a little ill.

Locke Dunnegan posted:

In the app description it states there is no end. Just keep leveling or whatever.

No. Absolutely not

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I wouldn't say I 'missed' it, you lowercase auspol reprobate, I'm agitated because someone crammed f2p nonsense on an otherwise good frame !

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
willus was right, though I don't regret yelling at him (it's a simple pleasure of mine)

I'm going to produce some words about Siralim, because I'm enjoying playing it thanks to it's aforementioned f2p nonsense (unbelievable grind for its eleven different kinds of resources, showering you with ever higher numbers and near-useless gewgaws) and also because it has decided to randomly(?) generate the most annoying encounter in the universe over and over presumably forever.

The packs I'm fighting are 5 large at this stage and commonly include the Siren Coercer, Lich Overseer and Pit Worm Gladiator. S/o to multiple Skeleton Marksmen. What this means: a field of enemies who reduce your only renewable means of doing damage to them by a flat 60% or move to the front of the turn order 20% of the time any action is taken by each of the 10 monsters in play. They're supported by a monster who provides at the start of battle to every friendly a buff that prevents all damage from a single source one time, and also (rarely) uses a resurrection spell instead of attacking. They're also supported by a monster who when killed raises other dead monsters on the field with 60% max hp (50% chance, rolled individually). This ability fires each time it is killed.

ok phew sorry for all the ()s also maybe Hearthstone is a good phone game but it's a sleepy baby game otherwise

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I keep playing arena which is kind of fun but way too easy if you pick strong troops. In the spirit of service I made a goon guild. It's called 'Gem boys', and my invite code is 'Truck'

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Gem boys are currently in the 4400-block of best guilds in the game, with a bullet. I don't know what my invite code 'Truck' does either

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Well, I don't remember and I don't see a way to find out. Also I need your invite code not character name (in the hero tab) STRONGBAD 1 isn't getting me anything.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Welcome aboard. Just kidding, it says you don't exist.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Per 1337kutkufan6969 you might be able to find Gem boys if you search a half dozen times. You can be a Tiger Lord

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
You'll have to race BUFFALO. After that we're full up until we start cranking 1000s of gold into Tasks, and thanks for your interest.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Hey advanced gemmers, are all the purple rarity units here http://gemsofwar.com/game-guide-troop-list/ available by finishing the quests in that region? Looking for someone to round out Hero/Luther/Bear. Divinion Fields and Forest of Thorns and Stormheim all have purple/yellow epic troops hmmm

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Never been prouder

Sidenote: there are a ton of 1/21 etc guilds out there. Those people must have stories

I'm rereading this post and I want to squeeze in an Emotion/Rage + Oulipo joke so bad but it isn't coming to me.

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 3, 2015

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

KoldPT posted:

Mine's 1776972259

3214991448 Frieza mainer here this game IS friendly

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jul 19, 2015

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
OK I did the DBZ Puzzle game reroll song-and-dance in order to try for a Super Super Rare (did not get one) and I learned a few things, chief of which is that cards of a given rarity are crazy unequal, even accounting for all their weird passive abilities and synergies. You should reroll, it doesn't take long. Frieza and Goku are really good, and Master Roshi has good teamups with your starters and Gohan, who you can get through an event. I tried to go with SR Android 18 and Captain Ginyu but her stats fell way behind and her +ki leader skill either doesn't work right or is just bad, and then I pulled another SR Captain Ginyu who was better at level 1 than mine was at level 10. I sure hope someone makes that PGS android number thread soon, but until then here's my code: 3214991448

in summary, it's fun enough. You can zoom out on the board game. If you get a Game Over, everything that happened on that map is wiped including items you used, so you don't need to be conservative on an iffy fight.

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jul 19, 2015

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

KoldPT posted:

I believe you can't get an SSR from your very first character.

There are like 8 SRs you can get there, most of them are good but Krillin might be the best b/c of the Gohan and Vegeta events. When you beat the tutorial stage and check your mailbox, you should have enough premium currency for a rare or better summon. Make room for me in your friends list please, my power level is 530,000 e: you may be able to do this by erasing all WALGs who aren't lvl28 Frieza's with Death Beam 2

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 19, 2015

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I care about loam

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Gold doesn't do anything (e: once you have enough to play arena) if you're newish and in a good guild, other than to plug into the guild. Once you get 2 cards as good as Goblin all you want is Souls. Also, please go post in the ADTRW thread like the rest of the gacha-game degenerates, which I'm not anymore, on account of having ragequit b/c I got released from Gem boys even though I was contributing ~1600gpd qqqqqq

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Light Gun Man posted:

In under you. My code is wx5MMYmH

did you get the invitation reward? I want to see if codes are case sensitive

b/c you can register with an e-mail you don't need to confirm from the garena site, making rerolling presumably super easy (no uninstall, hopefully first draws are randomized). If codes are not case sensitive (my phone auto-capitalizes everything) then I can spam people with goodies while doing so. bye

Update: this works, but I have yet to get anything above C from the two free gacha draws hmm

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Aug 19, 2015

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
My f2p Dragon Quest monsters game invite code is QuXVnnrw, and my friend ID is 355 465 702

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Khanstant posted:

Well I was about to play this, but do you need to sign up for the Garena junk? It wants my phone number a poo poo, gently caress that.
edit: NVM, just used the ol fake facebook.

http://us.garena.com/register/ doesn't make you confirm an email address.

If anyone was thinking about picking up the Dragon Quest mobile game it's good for what it is and there's an event on for the next 2 days that increases you chances at pulling the rarest monsters "greatly" & gives you enough premium currency for an additional draw. There's a 5 or 10 minute reroll loop if you keep a window open to the above link. Not as vital as in PAD but chances to pull a good mon are lousy (10 or 15% prob) unless you save enough to draw 10 at once.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I had to get the apk somewhere else but it looks like it went up in the interim https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garena.game.dqmsl&hl=en

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

vulturesrow posted:

Not available in my country. :argh:

oops same. I think I got it from here http://apkpure.com/dragon-quest-monsters-sl/com.garena.game.dqmsl

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
ya you need an invite code to get the extra 200 gems at the beginning so you can roll 2x after getting Frizzard. Here are the ones posted itt so far, they're not really case sensitive (also they don't do anything for anyone but you until you clear the 2nd chapter)

n34ZCvPf
RHU5Jjjm
wx5MMYmH
fXwQkYky

sometimes it won't take the same one twice in a row, sometimes it doesn't take it at all and just starts the game w/ no bonuses. Every time I log out I close the app and it seems to work whew

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I got some DQMSL logins I'm not going to use: 1 with A - Skeleton Swordsman, 1 with B - Abyss Diver, 1 with B - King Cureslime, and a level 15 guy with B - Soulspawn and a great big pile of other Junk. PM me or post an email address or something if you want one or message me on steam i'm walgreets on there.

MPLS to NOLA fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 29, 2015

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Rapner posted:

Shadow Wars is another gatcha match 3 game. Looks like it might have potential.

This is ok so far. I just got to the second area and unlocked guild stuff, have you made it that far yet?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Finkle is Eisenhorn

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Oceanhorn is Finkle

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Nyx posted:

I might have missed it, but is anyone else playing The Muscle Hustle: Slingshot Wrestling? It's pretty much what the title suggests, you fling wrestlers at each other like slingshots around a ring. You collect and level up wrestlers, all that jazz. It's actually pretty addicting.

Looks like you can only add friends by code or facebook right now, so here is my obligatory code because I need more wrasslin' friends: 285507.

hAIL sorry caps. I'm Wrestler #318868

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain

Shwqa posted:

Rangaquest has been pretty fun. I really like you are guaranteed a 5* and you can reroll as many times as you like without replay the tutorial. I'm not sure the tier list but I managed to snag

All father Odin 5*
Valkyrie Olrun 5*
Odin 3*
Urdr 3*
Llia 3* (one of the new releases)
Fenrir 3*
Nott 3*

And a couple of 3* that have no storyline artwork. I'm assuming the storyline artwork at least means that are somewhat powerful because they are main gods.

My ID is 1747195097 I guess I am doing wind and light teams.

A good rule of thumb is going to be team cost. When I started a few days ago the best rarest units cost 22, idk if they put anything else in the pool. Pick any 5 star guy that costs 22+ you like, it seems like they all have their uses. Light or dark units have more versatility so if you absolutely must have the best it's probably Nott or the +40% Attack light guy (if there even is one? icr). You guys can add me, I have a leveled up Thor. Love, Walg 8258206218

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
[Ragnaquest]I did my 2nd 10-pull from the unit machine and my box is beginning to gum up with three-star guys and even after I get rid of units that only evolve up to four it's not super clear who's worth focusing on for a rainbow team. Here's a JP tier list I've been going through -----> link where it confirms Thor is one of the worst units QQ.

anyway, it looks like dirt but it's a cute fun "classic style" gachapon game with a good translation that doesn't take up too much battery or overheat an old phone, which is nice.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
The way this game handles repeats is, if you don't want to put more than one on a team (no reason not to if it's really good), the only way to squeeze the last drop of value out of them is get both to 5 stars and then use one to limit break the other. They do improve leader skills if you feed one to the other but if I understand right the leader skill resets to level 1 when you evolve the unit. So ***I THINK*** if you don't want to hold on to an extra for that purpose you're alright just selling them. The xmas guys seem pretty good statwise, my guess is it's worth beefing them up

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
I went digging around in the f2p crud heap looking for something engaging and the best I did was Battle Team, which plays like a slightly more complicated summoner wars I think it was called and looks like Xenosaga. There's pve and pvp combat missions, guild stuff and idle timer menu clicker crap all of which urges you toward collecting and maintaining a huge roster of troops. It just launched and they're being generous with summon tickets but rares are still really hard to come by so you would probably want to create accounts until you get one with a five star guy, bye

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
In the character select screen press the runes button in the upper right, that's where you spend currency on metaprogression bonuses. This game is great for $2 but it seems flat compared to magic survival. The achievements are unimaginative and there seems like a huge power difference between characters and guns. If you're going for 100% once you've satisfied your curiosity there's no incentive to pick most of the characters or guns until you hit max difficulty. There are a few cool combination talents but no huge surprises in synergies I've seen.

I should say I haven't played it for that long so Im maybe missing something but these games are repetitive enough that I need a reason to deviate from a reliable strategy or I'll lose interest after a few wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
Even the unsuccessful runs in that game can feel apocalyptically strong. The thing I really miss in 20 minutes is the power ups and chests on the ground. If you start with low offensive power it feels like there's no catching up.