Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Has Alcazar been acting funny for anybody else? I'm getting lots of graphical glitches. I've tried reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, but no luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

It would seem odd to me that a Japanese developer would make a mobile game that can't be played on a train.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

fart simpson posted:

Really? All the subways here and in Hong Kong have access.

not even in the Android games thread are we safe from goons trying to out-trains each other. what have i wrought??

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Good post. Relating to that crash though, I tried to replicate it maybe ten times to post the crash report on their forums, but even though it literally happened every item use before and after a reinstall, it completely fixed itself when I tried to do it purpose. :psyduck:

heisenbug strikes again!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I installed Hearthstone. Doesn't run super well on my Nexus 4, but hopefully there will be some performance tweaks. It gave me a free pack for playing a game on an Android phone. I opened it and found :supaburn: Ragnaros :supaburn:

For those who don't play, it's a really good, really rare card. Not something I was expecting at all :D

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Hearthstone update: oh it's 1.55 GB installed, lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Ragequit posted:

Do I have to finish the 6-game tutorial to get my pack?

I think you get some packs from the tutorial anyway. Then you should also get the "Android phone" pack. When the iPad version was released they had a similar promotion.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Another thing to note about Classic packs versus GvG packs is that the GvG set is much smaller, so you will start getting duplicate cards faster. In Hearthstone this is actually a good thing though! Because you can turn your extra cards into "dust", and dust lets you craft any card in the game.

So once you already have two copies of a card, you can dust any further copies of it that you get. You can dust cards even if you won't be left with two copies afterward, but I recommend against this when you are starting out, because you don't have the experience to know for sure that you won't be kicking yourself because you need the five cards you shredded last week. This is important to consider, because it costs much more dust to craft a card than you get back from destroying it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Most classes in Hearthstone succeed by destroying your opponent's health points. Priest succeeds by breaking your opponent's spirit and driving them insane. At least, that's how I feel when I face a good priest, and they systematically nullify everything I've accomplished :saddowns:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Amazon store has one of those apps-for-free bundles going on again. There are some good games and even a few apps that look useful.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

MagusProject posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with this? The website version tells me to install the Amazon app to buy the items, but the app version tells me to add the items to my wishlist, to buy and download them from my PC.

Are you trying to buy Appstore apps with the generic "Amazon" app or something? I've never seen any messages like those.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Hey kutku would you consider adding some kind of "there are no good simcity or civ clones on Android" note to your OP? If so, make sure you put lots of obnoxious smileys around it :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

the chaos engine posted:

My game WRASSLING came out on Google Play today! It's p much Soccer Physics + QWOP + hats. It's free (w ads) so check it out if you're into any of those things!

this is some good poo poo right here

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

precision posted:

This is awesome but it's worth noting that you basically HAVE to unlock checkpoints. So it's more like a "demo" than "free game you can pay if you want to".

Maybe if you're bad at the game :smug:

Smash Hit was the same way, where the free version was a 100% complete game and paying for the "unlock" just gave some convenience features like allowing to start at different checkpoints. I paid for the unlock on that game because I wanted to support these nice Swedish boys who make quality games and don't fill them to the gills with ads and spyware. But I would say that true mastery of either of these games is how well you can do from the beginning of them, which doesn't require paying a cent.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Yup. There's a whole category for them in the Play store.

sorry guys, i needed to stock up so they won't have any for sale until the truck delivers some more

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

mrkillboy posted:

Sleep Furiously is a new word game that has you combining words to form sentences like those fridge magnet poem things. It looks fairly interesting.

I'll buy anything named after a Noam Chomsky joke :fap:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is she completely screwed for future surveys? :ohdear: She really does answer honestly, and just made a mistake.

I messed up and accidentally hit the wrong answer on my first question, which was "what is your gender". I have never been given more questions. I emailed Google and they never replied.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

mrkillboy posted:

True Skate is on sale for 99 cents. Its been out for a long time but is probably still the best skateboarding game on Android.

It was the Amazon free app a few weeks ago. And the purchase price isn't very accurate, since any skateparks other than the first one cost real money. I uninstalled it because of this :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

every Greek? zorba or gtfo, in my opinion

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Speaking of Humble Bundle games, it's not in a bundle anymore but Blek is really loving cool. It's a puzzle game where you draw a squiggle that will continue to repeat around the screen. You have to avoid black spots and touch the colored dots. That's a lovely description... Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GatTHt8SUiA

I haven't played Blek but the concept is so bonkers, yet very simple and obvious once you see it in motion. The trailer made me :aaaaa: the first time I watched it.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

mrkillboy posted:

First person puzzle game The Talos Principle is available for Android as long as you're running a device with a Tegra K1 or X1 chipset on board (Nexus 9, Shield).

man, talk about a small potential market

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Shwqa posted:

You do get a house. It is really pricey at 4,000 gold.

Also you can only visit other people's island and buy their stuff. Not play with them.

Is there a way to add non-Facebook friends in Seabeard? None of my Facebook friends play it and I'm not gonna list my account on here :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

I had to quit Seabeard . My bag was always too full and I even spent a chunk of premium currency to expand it once, only for it to fill up again almost immediately, accompanied by a request to expand it again for another huge pile of premium currency. I don't mind throwing a few bucks at a quality game, but this just felt really money grabby to me.

I've only been playing Seabeard for like two weeks, but I have spent nothing on it and have never felt like there was a pay-wall. The small starting bag is really annoying, but in practice it just means that you have to sell/recycle stuff more often, or maybe ignore a few of those stupid "get me this item from a specific boat game" quests. It was a pain to get all the materials, but my warehouse finished building this morning, and it came with one tab of 35 slots, with the offer of another tab for 50 pearls.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

wall monitor posted:

Unsurprisingly I'm liking boat building game so far

how is the boat building mechanics? im not gonna pay 3 bucks if it only has galleon style masting systems. SO overused, amirite?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Morter posted:

So are there any good DATA-less match (match-3 or otherwise) games out there?

Triple Town? I don't remember if it can be played without a connection, but even so it shouldn't need to talk to the server much.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Cippalippus posted:

You know, I purchased it right before you posted that, because good videogames that don't nickel and dime you are worth purchasing anyway. Thanks for your advice in any case!

it's gonna be really funny the next time you device updates its android OS and squeenix decides not to update the fft app for 3 years (if at all)

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

gently caress you and the Chrono Trigger you rode in on.

Yeah, I bought it to see how many issues I could find in 15 minutes, and as soon as I took a call and it unloaded itself from memory I requested a refund.

sorry :(

I'm actually tempted to buy a PSX copy of FFT and rig up a phone emulator with one of those fan translation patches. When I looked on Ebay the other day, there were decent copies shipping for less than the price of the app...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Maybe someone would like to make an Opinion Rewards thread? It's by far the most popular and longest-running game this thread has ever talked about :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I checked out the "New Family Fun" link on the front page of Google Play and apparently there is some kind of free app of the week in this new "family" section. I'm not sure if all of them are going to be apps by PBS Kids though, like the current one is.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

yeah but FREE APP!! MUST CLICK

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Deakul posted:

Are there any games like Doom/Wolfenstein RPG? Like first person turn based RPGs, I found my old motorola clam shell phone and it still had some games installed on it and these were it.

I suppose I mean games like Eye of the Beholder too, but I was hoping Doom RPG itself has gotten ported by now. :negative:

QuestLord?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Blek is on sale for one dolla. Dang this is a cool game. Also I'm bad at it

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

eh, get back to me when i can watch a twitch VOD of a dramatic speed-run reading of a novelization of the let's play of a zero-player game

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Malek posted:

So my team lead from work and a few friends are talking about Summoners War and I'm curious if I should take the plunge or what?

Note, on a limited data plan.

Summoners War refused to work for me, at all, when I wasn't on wifi. So there's that.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

DemonMage posted:

Works just fine on cellular. There was a weird issue with Com2Us and T-mobile close to when it came out but that's fixed now

This would explain things! Too bad I've burned out on grindy gacha games, there was some interesting stuff in Summoners War.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Is there a streamlined/easy way to sell the cards from those apps? Anytime I think about selling stuff on Ebay it just reminds me of scammers and the p-p-p-powerbook and I don't want to deal with anything like that.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

EzEight posted:

I wouldn't recommend playing it on a phone last hitting minions is incredibly hard on a tiny screen.

Last-hitting on a touchscreen, over wi-fi? I think I'll pass :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Shwqa posted:

Mostly negative. It starts out kinda fun. But you basically do everything in the first hour. And it gets very buggy and energy intensive the more vault dwellers you get. So you start using up more battery life and lose more progess as the game goes on. Until it is an unplayable mess.

whoa, i didn't know they ported gamebryo to cell phones. impressive!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

New Leaf posted:

This game is fun and adorable and addicting: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spryfox.alphabear&hl=en

It's called Alphabear. It's a word game- you have these bears and they grow if you use a letter adjacent to them. You're trying to get the biggest bears you can. Then you collect bears to use in new maps to give you bonus points.

Yo, this is a pretty good game and it's by Spry Fox, if anyone is hesitating to click. Seems like they've tacked on some silly IAP crap, but usually with their games you can just ignore it. Time will tell, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Alphabear has interesting thoughts about life...