Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Apparently The Enchanted Cave 2 came out yesterday, a few months after its kickstarter.The original was a pretty great, if short, flash game rogue-lite, and the Kongregate demo of the second promises more of the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Added a bunch of you guys - my own code is svnj2356.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Baldbeard posted:

Re: KoP&P2. It's crazy how fast my opinion changed on this game after beating it. The game is way too short and too easy. Even if the game has literally 2x the main story missions it would feel short.

Yeah, I felt completely blindsided by the ending. The penultimate boss was the only thing that even gave me trouble, and I still one-shot it without anyone dying. I imagine the game is a lot harder without using Magazine stuff (especially the Warlock), but it was still ridiculously short. I do think it was worth the $5, though, especially if they add more on.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Morter posted:

So are FFT battles only generated by the story? Like they don't have random battles or skirmishes you can do to help grow your team?

Green dots on the world map can spawn random encounters when you walk over them. There's a bunch of units and items that can only realistically be gotten from them.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Fruit Chewy posted:

I'm looking for a specific kind of niche tower defense - one with significant RNG elements. I'm absolutely crazy about the SC2 customs Gem Tower Defense and Lottery Defense. Both of them essentially randomize the tower/unit you buy and your goal is to be lucky enough to get specific ones that combine into stronger units/towers. The combining is nice, but I think what gets me is the random element. Anyone know of anything like this on Android (or any platform honestly)?

Hell, I'd even settle for a non-TD game with a similar reward loop.

Edit: Also, whats the best cookie clicker-esque piece of poo poo to occasionally check on while I'm working nights?

You might want to try MazebertTD, which is not only impenetrable, but also basically 100% random as far as when and what you get to build.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Riot Games recently released a title called Blitzcrank's Poro Roundup.

I don't play League of Legends, but this is a fun little game. It's free with no IAP's but you can only download it until September 21.

For some reason they've determined that my 2013 N7 isn't powerful enough to run it?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Morpheus posted:

I've been looking for a game like s&p for a while, I got hooked on that Skinner box but can't exactly play it at work. Yes. I'd love to get a goon group for this

I'm playing as Rootballa, I can't invite quite yet but as soon as I hit level 5 i'll shoot anyone who wants one one.

Niton fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Aug 25, 2015

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Morpheus posted:

I've got a small city called Vangoon (i am not a creative man) up and running, let me know your player Id as well

I'm Rootballa#53440 , if you can send an invite.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Farquar posted:

I'm farquar#26903 looking for a goon town in Shop Heroes

Invited. We have some low level dude who I dunno if he's a goon, but otherwise we need to upgrade Town Hall for a sixth spot.

Shop Heroes actually has quite some legs to it, as far as a mobile game goes - it's pretty transparently Swords and Potions, but with a lot of that game's worst features completely removed.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Tormented posted:

Looking for an invite to the goon hamlet(s)

excidium#94343

Invited, we sort of exploded from 5 to 7 instantly.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Toshimo posted:

Is this a trap? (c/d)

Technically, the one with your age best describes you. since it at least gets the age right :v:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
So i've been playing a bunch of a weird team building game called Magic Rush: Heroes. It's similar to games like Pocket Knights or Heroes Charge, except you have more control over aiming abilities.. and one of the game modes is Kingdom Rush :wtc:

It's definitely weird, but it's enjoyable if you're looking for something to scratch an itch along those lines. I'm on server 90, and if any of you guys want to try it out I can make a guild.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Apparently AdVenture Capitalist's ad system broke horribly. If you play it and have anything less than an unlimited connection, :siren: CHECK YOUR DATA NOW :siren:

(from reddit)

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Trastion posted:

I always run 3 Knights, a thief and a healer. Should I be using a different class instead of the 3 Knights? I am in the 4 Dimension right now and it seems to be working good.

Thieves have three practical upsides over knights in multiples - a higher Item Find increase, an AI that prefers basic attacks, and a second item slot. That last one in particular is a huge deal, since it lets you run anti-status and something else for longevity.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Xtanstic posted:

This was what got me. I thought it was a casual RPG sidescroller not an idler! :argh: Still it's fun enough so I don't regret turning off ads.

For a game like this, it's really just an extended demo with a $1 buy-in, which is perfectly reasonable.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

How do you beat the floor 700 boss in Soda Dungeon? He scares away non-fighters, but it seems like I'd have to farm an absurd amount of essence into their artifact to have him be beatable with them.

Start at 691 with 4 Fighters and a Healer, equipped with either high-DR gear or geared for max crit. 4 Fighters with ~10 levels in their relic (and decent other relics) should be able to burn him down.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

What qualifies as high-DR gear? I have some 2-silver-star ninja suits and demon armors, and a couple hero swords and demon swords of similar level.

Evasion and pure damage reduction are both very good for taking some extra hits, since you might need a bit of luck your first time. Stuff like Ninja Suit, Skeletis, and Hero Sword / Kelvium. He's not actually that beefy, you just need to keep 4 people hitting him as long as possible.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I ended up giving up on that soul-sucking fishy poo poo show. I wasn't having enough fun to justify the coin doubler and prices ramped up so quickly that I just got sick of the whole affair. Maybe I just suck at fishing.

In other news, I've got a shitton of Kemco games from the 2 times they've run humble bundles and I'm always impressed at their B-List-iness. It's clear that they put a lot of work and love into their RPGs, but they just aren't great. Solid 6s.

It's really not much of a game without the coin doubler, so I can't blame you - i wound up being able to justify it and the game is 100x more fun now that I don't have to get frustrated with common fish.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Wintermutant posted:

I haven't played the sequel yet, but Knights of Pen & Paper would seem to match your criteria, and I had a lot of fun with it back in the day.

KoPP2 is not very good. It's shorter, more expensive, and (at least on launch) ended VERY abruptly. It's not even made by the same devs - KoPP was made by Behold Studios, whereas KoPP2 is made by a company called "Kyy Games".

Behold Studios went on to make the fantastic Chroma Squad, and all of the charm went with them.

Niton fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 5, 2016

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really want to know about Animal Crossing :negative:

It's not a perfect 1:1, but you might be interested in Seabeard, which hits a lot of the same notes.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Adding my own code as well:

http://www.pocketmine3.com/invite?uid=trvr7740

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Tactical monsters rumble arena
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.camex.tactical.monster

Is an okay game (soft launch)
The music wouldn't completely turn off and then I tried signing out and lost all my progress, I guess it doesn't auto save?

I was trying to scratch a disgaea itch, but it's kind of simple and you can auto battle, also it seems like it could be a grind to level up non common "monsters"

I'd be willing to try it again if anyone here ends up liking it.

I've been playing this for a while, it's actually a lot of fun and really well balanced aside from Orange (super rare) monsters being kind of crazy since they start at level 9.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Applied to the Clone Evolution guild as NitonSA

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
A few days ago I decided to buy a big EXP Chip from the limited time sale. Today, I decided to try throwing low-quality upgrade chips at the chip I used it on, and a few 0.1% attempts later..

:getin:

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Nemico posted:

It's too bad the PSP version of Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together never came out on mobile, because that is an amazing remaster of a fantastic game.

Funny you should mention Tactics Ogre, because I recently came across a fantastic TO-like SRPG by the name of Mercenaries Saga 2. It's by the same devs as Adventure Bar Story (another good RPG, if a bit obtuse). The first couple of hours are free, with a full game unlock after the 6th story mission.

The actual combat itself is pretty brutal - it lacks permadeath, but status effects are powerful & everything hits really hard.

Niton fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Dec 30, 2017

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Negrostrike posted:

I've been enjoying Built for Speed these last few days and I can recommend it for whoever likes racing games a la Micro Machines. Free, no ads, although there are microtransactions if you want to advance quickly of course.

That said, what other good racing games like this one should I try?

Horizon Chase is fantastic, though maybe not exactly the same style of game..

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Xtanstic posted:

I think it's been asked before, but is there a decent Advance Wars clone on Android or are you better off just emulating an AW game?

Lost Frontier is supposedly very good.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
If there's still any interest, I'd like to make or start an alt with people on S10.

Quote mr or something if you're interested, I guess?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

tater_salad posted:

Team id 11174684
Pwd: 1131

Joined as a hunter, I think we have a mage and a tank class that wanted to join? If there's no tank, i'd reroll as one.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

fyallm posted:

Yeah I have 0 idea. Does my progress continue if I don't have the app open?

Yep, you just have to be online to change gear, level skills, etc

If you check in a couple of times a day to redo skills and gear, people can change your skills per-round as needed.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

m.hache posted:

Re: Ulala

I'm not sure when the next season starts but I'd like to get on the ground floor of a team. Willing to fill any role.

Game is fun but I'd like to collab a little more

Edit: gonna roll on S11 with a buddy. Need 2 more if you want to tag along. I'm a gladiator and he's a shaman.

Sure, i'll make a warlock to check in with you two. Won't be SUPER active on it, but the hardest part so far seems to be not having the other 3 people quit out on you. Just give me a party code when you get a chance.

Niton fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Sep 23, 2019

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Shwqa posted:

Yes and you can select all the skills of a current rarity at once. You don't have to click each skill.

Skill get a huge boost at level 10 so focus on that.

Also, you can hold and drag skill slots to choose which skill slot winds up where.

As in, if your 2nd skill slot is level 10, you can move the level 10 slot to a different part of your rotation.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

Inceltown posted:

What happens if they get to 0 health. I've been to scared to find out in case they are a good pet.

Nothing, they just can't be used on adventures unless they have 50 stamina.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?

fyallm posted:

As a warrior what skills and what order should I be prioritizing?

Edit: also im level 39. What should i be doing daily?

I answered a bit in game, but i'll make a bit of an effortpost here since typing on my phone sucks:

(Rough) Priority of things to do each day

- 3 Daily missions to obtain Golden Touch. Golden touch allows the rest of your team to change your skills and pet when you're offline.
- Smelt gear in Storage; it'll never destroy gear stronger than what you're using.
- Merge gems in storage.
- Upgrade gems, gear and skills on your character tab, and assign points if applicable.
- Send monsters out on Explore to get Fossils, Gems or Pearls.
- Capture new monsters, if you have any food available. 20 unique captures gets you 2 Explores as a time, and.. I think 35? gets you 3.
- At 42+, buy Clatter Cards at the Clatter Card shop as necessary.

That's everything you need to do when you log on each day, and you can finish all of that in under 5 minutes regardless of which dailies you get. Past that, you can try to advance your team, buy items at the Black Market, or log in multiple times a day to repeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

..got any kibble?
Just got Tyrant Dragon down on my server 8 character (Jujule 120); super excited. Couldn't change our Warrior's skills either, since he hasn't done dailies for the day.