Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
type:rider is a pretty neat game that contains a lot of information about the history of typography
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bulkypix.typerider&hl=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
you must have missed all the posting about cookie clicker etc, it there's one thing goons are bad at its stopping when they want

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

FredMSloniker posted:

I wanted to give the game a go, but my phone's screen is too small; I keep mistapping. A pity.

Has anyone tried Survive! Mola mola! yet? I saw it mentioned in a webcomic, and I'm curious.

it's an entertaining, silly game, plus it's real cool for learning about the mola mola! I had no idea that they got spikey at an early stage of their development before I played it

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Does Google have a thing against Reddit threads? I have been searching for anything more than single wikia thread questions for info on Shattered Pixel Dungeon for a couple days now for info on all the reworked stuff since I played the base game after it originally came out, and it wasn't until I specifically added "reddit" to my search string that it immediately popped up with the dev's post linking to exactly what I needed. My Google-Fu is usually pretty good for a layman, so that was really weird.

i just gave it a google and got what i assume is the reddit post you're referring to plus what i assume is the dev's tumblr

maybe it's a regional thing?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
it's in IYG http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689060

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Tinyn posted:

What is Zoombinis?

it was an edutainment game that managed to capture a lot of people who played it's attention by virtue of not being designed as an educational tool but rather as a game. if you're curious about the history of it, usa today did a big article on how it is being rereleased http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/08/05/zoombinis-game-reboot/30615099/

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

mrkillboy posted:

Made for mobile Blood Bowl spin-off game Blood Bowl Kerrunch is out on the Play Store.

Before anyone gets too excited it's some loving style lane game like that 40k mobile game storm of vengeance, not actual bloodbowl.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
the writing and not knowing what's going on was part of the fun of it for me when i used to play it, to be honest.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Len posted:

Seriously though someone should make a gumballs thread.

:agreed:

i'd do it but i'm only just up to the fourth dungeon so i don't think i'm anywhere near far in enough to actually be able to inform anyone about anything to do with the game

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
out there isn't a game that lets you feel like you planned well, really. they may have added more content in the new edition but when I played it it also felt very sparse, like I was always getting the same things happening each time

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
a while back i played a game that probably got recommended here - the basic gist of it is you travel through a series of battles and i feel like your party all threw weapons at the enemies? like throwing swords and stuff. i've been trying to remember the name and it's driving me up the wall

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
...trust me to forget possibly the most straightforward name of any game in the whole play store hahaha! thanks :)

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

EvilChameleon posted:

To clarify, I'm not looking for more picross games, just puzzle games in general, because apparently I can't get into ones that aren't Hungry Cat.

euclidea could be fun if you like that sort of puzzle. I'm not even vaguely good at it and I still found it engaging enough to play it until I got a headache

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

poo poo yes

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
does pocket frogs have a mute button or have they not put one of those in yet

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
does pocket mines 3 give you stuff for having friends added? i forgot how drat addictive the pocket mines gameplay is, hell

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
you dont gotta post the link you can just use the friend code. mines wrht0856

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

RoboCicero posted:

I got a legendary hammer that poops out fireworks on kills and a ring that lets fireworks have a chance to instantly destroy (so works in one hit for rock / ore blocks) blocks they bounce off of. When it pops off it really pops off :getin:

I'm not completely sure the gold I spent upgrading the blacksmith is worth it, aside from the fact that it's the only way to really get picks with better mining attribute. I'm paying about 13 coins per forge and I'm getting dupes more often than not.

i got a ring that makes lightning crates have a chance to "chain" which seems to be able to happen off its own chains as well, and when it pops off it really pops off. clears out more tiles than a bomb does sometimes and that's without managing to draw the super lightning card

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
if you max out a card then any further cards give you tokens. dunno if its linked to rarity or not but so far i got 15 common tokens from drawing the common bomb card when it was already maxed

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Any benefit to having a bunch of people on your friends list, other than getting the rewards for the first ten, and for posting requests?

just requests and seeing where you rank against people in terms of set completion if thats your kinda thing

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Knifegrab posted:

Anyone else notice how inconsisten the game speed is when playing pocket mine? Sometimes it seems like I have to move very quickly through a mine and the characters and everything move lightning fast whereas other times it feels slow and like I have a ton of time to decide where to go.

Not sure but I think the game is just poorly optimized and sometimes tends to bottleneck.

for me it's usually onyl bottlenecked when i hit a bomb that sets off three lightnings on one of the 2 or 3x difficulty zones, seems to be that all the different poo poo it has to animate suddenly throws a spanner in the works. frankly im baffled they still havent implemented some kind of offer system. i've got a bunch of maxed out common tier sets and some uncommon ones too that i'd love to just put up so that anyone starting can grab a bunch to get some cards but nope just gotta wait for people to request single ones i guess

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
just kidding im not baffled that would make it too easy for people to get away with not grinding out sets to get their first cards going lol

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
added some wrestlers, im 331333

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
how does spacechem look on android? does the ui render it tablet only or would it be playable on a phone?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Incessant Excess posted:

I tried the Muscle Hustle and apparently you win matches via knockout, are you kidding me?

every match is a last man standing match

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ive been aiming for a broad spread in wrestles, tryin to get at least a heel and a face of every colour just for maximum flexibility while still being able to get the +20ish% bonus for having a set of heels or a set of faces in your team

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

NPR Journalizard posted:

Do you mix and match your teams depending on the opponents?

somewhat. so for example if theres a fight that lots of greens i'll bench my purple dude in favour for a blue (im pretty sure im remembering the strength/weakness circle right but you get my point). then its also good just to have 3 generically good characters of each colour for the introducing: -x- matches so that you can stack your team to be strong against that colour

Washin Tong posted:

So uh hi I'm back, I just leveled the cheerleader chick with the Slingshot ability and paired her with my top 2 heavyweights...

:stare:

...now what if I had MORE guys with Slingshot at the same time? I must test this ...for science.
Oh and am I correct in the fact that Slingshot is WAAAY better than Boost right? There's no comparison in the amount of speed you get.

slingshot makes me flinch whenever i come up against a level that has it in the lineup, especially if theres >1 of them

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Mr Hootington posted:

There is a new game called cosmic eggs where you make pokemon have sex to make stronger pokemon.

you can also jack off your space aliens for better results

quote:

Get together with friends and shake your phones for even better breeding results!

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
I've neither read nor watched ready player one and I still have a strong understanding of how much and why it sucks

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
probably inactivity

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
ive been playing a bit and i dont think you can, you just want to fill out your top 8 slots with whatever your best options are and hope you dont get stung by unfortunate comp. im regretting not spending much time getting dna for dinos that dont hybridize now that ive gotten to the point where i can make a hybrid. it seems like to do that and then level it up you need to use dna from both of the parent dinosaurs, which means that those are going to be bottlenecked if you want to also improve the hybrid, whereas a dino that doesnt combine can keep leveling up

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
in jurassic world they really need to put pounce's cd up to 2 turns at least imo. massively cutting your opponents damage and then on top of that doing double damage, and doing this every other turn, is just crazy

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
most matches just end up being trade fests in my experience so far, sitting around 1300 points so far. its just frustrating when they pull a raptor and you dont, or theirs is higher level, because it usually ends up being pounce, strike and youre dead, so whoever you put in next is open for a pounce immediately. if youve got one and happen to be lucky enough to get it in your 4 picks a wuerhosaurus is a decent way of dealing with them, you can instant cripple to neuter the pounce and then thagomizer them but thats just purely up to luck

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
i still think pounce needs a longer cooldown, not just a delay. rampage is just 2x damage without the debuff and usually on slower, lower damage dinosaurs, and it has a 2 turn cooldown, which just serves to highlight how stupid pounce is

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
picross apps are a good travel timekiller

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
chimera is dangerous as hell because each individual battle takes such short time, just lost like 15 minutes to it unexpectedly

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah, since I wrote my post I figured out most of that, now my only leftover question is what the heck does the Rampage skill on arms (specifically scythes) do?

it seems like it either negates speed loss from collisions or causes you to speed up when you hit things (including the edge of the screen) so you can just flick once and let it go as long as you want

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
huh new types of battles? that will be interesting, i wonder how it'll change up

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
huh i just noticed that a bunch of previously nothing dinos in jurassic world have hybrid options now, sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
holedown? its pretty fun for a while but definitely feels like it has an "end", plus you'll want to keep headphones plugged in or your media volume turned to minimum because i couldnt find a mute option for it