Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Maybe old news but I can now download hearthstone on my note 3 from the play store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Fallout shelter is pretty bad

It's built like an semi-idle game but if I don't open it every 5 minutes I'm out of food and water and my power is running out

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Soda dungeon:

I am on dimension 3, is it worth grinding more for ragezerkers? I haven't been able to reach floor 300 yet and can unlock darkmages now but I don't want to waste my gold. I was excited when I first unlocked the conjurer but they turned out to suck hard so magic seems like a bad choice

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Frogmanv2 posted:

More relics = better than.

Plus it's easy to make gold the higher your dimension.

And don't discount dark mages. You need them to get past boss 400, and their magic attack can be very useful for groups. It poisons and dazes. Well, there is a chance of each.

Does this mean that my soda junkies and ruffians are actually better than my fighters and thieves right now? Healer is basically mandatory but I have been trying to use classes that are more towards the end of the rep scale than the beginning.

I do like the ruffians dagger throw, but I just thought that there was a clear hierarchy of classes but I am eager to be wrong

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Thanks for the advice, is it possible to get my guys to use their MP potions on auto?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I see the Dinner Boys have great starting stats, but are they any different besides that? I am guessing they get the bonus from the soda junkie relic?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Soda talk:

I just beat the boss at level 500, what a pain in the dick. Is there any reason I shouldn't just go to the next dimension? My guys are getting their asses kicked past 500

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

MisterBibs posted:

I'm not talking about the guy who heals himself, I'm talking about the boss that is only damaged by being healed. Sleeping one of the skeletons she spawns each round was really effective.

The only way I managed that was 5 healers all with Dhronen swords and equipped for max health.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

How have you guys liked Crashlands? I'm playing it but it's been tutorializing for a long time now and I'm losing interest

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Malek posted:

Uninstalled it a week ago, got really really boring and grindy.

I regret buying it, I like what its doing but not how its going about it

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Those boosters sound horrible

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Critically acclaimed endless skier Alto's Adventure is finally out on Android, a mere year after its iOS release.

I was critically bored about 5 minutes in

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I didn't even realize fish codes were even a thing

http://goo.gl/7JirfA

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Still not in Canada :(

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Gilg posted:

Yeah, I was just on the verge of being done with it, but now there's more!

One unfortunate thing I just noticed, however, is that the option to watch an ad in order to get double production went from 4 hours to 2. That just seems so unnecessary.

There's actually a golden egg upgrade for the bonus timer now

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

More games need a skip tutorial option, some of the time I just give up on games because I've been following arrows for an hour

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Katamari game out in soft launch called Amazing Katamari Damacy. Unlike that clicker game from a few months ago this one's an endless runner and it actually kind of works - though the game currently suffers from some pretty bad lag. It's apparently available in Canada, Australia and some other countries.

This is basically unplayable on an S6, huge hitches all the time

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I'm installing the new PewDiePie game

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Thank you to whoever recommended dungeon warfare, this game is awesome. Perfect for sitting down and playing or just playing a bit on the train

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Enigma posted:

Dungeon warfare is really good. It's $3.99 USD. Not sure what that is in geese and whisky. No IAP.

Ignore the stupid meme description. It's really good. It's a 2D Orcs Must Die. There are a ton of traps and items, and almost too many levels. You earn XP from killing things, which turns into gems to upgrade traps etc. Beating some levels gets you runes, which you can activate to make a level more difficult that also acts as an XP modifier when you replay a level.

Traps range from the usual slow/AoE/shooting tower defense types to physics, minions, and more.

Only caveat is I don't know how it is on a phone. It's great on tablet though.

Buy this! It's really, really good.

Each map is like a puzzle where you find out the best layout to beat it. I typically struggle with the maps until I crack the code and figure out the strategy that works for the traps i have unlocked.

I wish it had an ultra slow mode so I could leave it on my desk all day and just watch it go

I'm playing on an S6 edge and it controls just fine

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How do you place your 12 free crates in dungeon warfare?

Just use em, it will say 0 for cost

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Dungeon Warfare chat:

Just loving crushed heroes must die.

Only like 10 attempts maybe. Slime + spring traps are insanely good

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

There's a a new Ridge Racer game out in soft launch in Canada, Australia, NZ and the Philippines that cribs the drawing a path on the track mechanic from Draw Race 2 and combines that with one tap drifting, which I guess would be great for people who hate things like the ability to steer in their arcade racers.

Eventually video games will just play themselves and will have big numbers going up and up and up

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

So I got a pixel xl and I'm trying to tax it until it breaks, any intensive games I can throw at it?

Maybe even dumb physics stuff?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Riptide GP: Renegade crashes on my S7 Edge every time I try to play on the highest graphical settings so that might a good place to start.

Didn't crash, looked pretty great though. Was definitely 20ish fps on average.

My phone is also on fire now

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

AnonSpore posted:

Heroes Must Die is kicking my rear end so hard

I should have taken a screenshot of my setup. I basically was funneling everything through that top opening and I made a checkerboard of spring traps facing upwards and slime traps. In the walls were either rapid fire darts or the big darts, I can't remember the name of the trap right now.

The fully upgraded slime trap does tons of damage and when you put a slime trap before a spring it seems to make it so that more units will pile up on it at one time.

Launching everything into the abyss is very fun and when you perfect the level it feels so so good

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

How does don't starve play on mobile? I have a 5.5" pixel XL, is that enough screen space or is it really aimed towards tablets?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Xtanstic posted:

That's usually what kills all my enjoyment in a Kairosoft game. Their insane devotion to adjacency bonuses just makes any kind of base building to be a total clusterfuck.

I'm glad it's not just me then

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Burrito Bison is pretty fun but the amount of ads you need to watch is pretty extreme

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Is there something I'm missing about Skyforce? Everyone seems to be going crazy over it, and I found it to be a boring basic top down shooter with lovely controls.

Same

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I can't stop playing Burrito Bison.

I know it basically has a hard ending but I haven't even reached the first recipe book. It reminds me of a flash game I used to play probably about 16 years ago

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I lost about a third of my battery to Polytopia this morning. Great Civ-lite to kill time on the train

e: More like a fifth really, Pixel XL superiority

The Duggler fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 7, 2016

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

So Polytopia basically becomes a catapult spam fest once you get deeper into the game. Seems you really gotta push to roll your opponents as fast as possible, no build up just push push push.

I just realized there is no diplomacy either so just act like you're at war as soon as you see anybody

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I've tried this gumball game but it is really really boring. I finished the first area and did one dungeon in the second but it's just not grabbing me.

Does it pick up later or is it just Not For Me?

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

mrkillboy posted:

Ubisoft released a port last year. It comes up as incompatible with my S7 Edge though, so it didn't show up in search in the app.

Same with a pixel xl if anyone is wondering

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Megaman on a phone sounds like a nightmare

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I wish my DS4 would sync to my Pixel, I don't want to root but I also don't want to buy a controller I'll use once a year

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I think RCT Classic runs better on my pixel than it did on my computer back in the day

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Unlucky7 posted:

Yo, do you like playing Burrito Bison, but find yourself thinking "Boy, I wish this had an ugly, edgy 2D maxx artstyle!"?, THEN BOY HOWDY, I HAVE THE GAME FOR YOU!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gonzossm.sttt&hl=en

Realtalk, it is pretty good for what it is, despite the sub newgrounds artwork.

Bad art makes it genuine.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

Man I just can't get into Bit City

After the forth city does the gameplay change at all? I'm finding pressing the construction button not nearly as gratifying as the chicken hatcher button in egg inc