Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Siralim
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thylacinestudios.siralim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSWKIt0mw1Q

quote:

Siralim is a deep RPG with light roguelike elements that allows you to summon and customize hundreds of creatures to fight in strategic battle. Fight your way through randomly generated dungeons and complete randomized quests. Find rare treasure and use it to upgrade your castle, empower your creatures, craft powerful artifacts, learn new spells, and much more.
Features:
  • Randomly generated dungeons and quests - no two dungeons are alike!
  • Capture and summon over 300 unique creatures to fight for you. Each creature has its own unique abilities which directly affect the way you play the game.
  • Cast over 100 powerful spells to turn the tide of battle.
  • Fight in challenging battles that reward thoughtful strategy rather than mindless button mashing.
  • Upgrade your castle to add new rooms, to unlock new creatures, and to entice new citizens to live in your kingdom.
  • Craft and enchant equipment to augment your creatures' power or to grant them new abilities. There are over 500 different crafting materials to collect and use.
  • Craft powerful eggs which will someday hatch into extremely powerful creatures.
  • Fight in your kingdom's battle arena for fame, fortune, and glory.
  • Infinite playability. There is no level cap, no restrictions, and the game never ends. Want to play until your character is level 937? Go for it.
  • A roguelike overworld where you can see your enemies approaching before battle begins.
  • Ever-expanding: we frequently release major content patches that give you access to new creatures, items, and other things to do.
  • Free to play until your character reaches level 15. After that, the game costs $4.99 USD to play forever. There are no cash shops, microtransactions, or anything like that all.
    Siralim is different from other monster catching RPGs in that the focus is on gameplay rather than story. The game is much more difficult and offers more room for customization thanks to its subtle roguelike elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Azathoth posted:

This sounds intriguing, but the "roguelike" part concerns me. Is that just referring to the infinitely generated content? I like that, but don't like the permadeath and rip-your-hair-out difficulty that usually comes with the genre. Thoughts?

The permadeath is an enhanced starting option so if you want you can just play it as demon pokemon. It isn't mega difficult esp as without permadeath when you die you go back to the castle and when you go out into a realm it'll be a bit lower level as you've died.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Hello Siralim players, is there a reason to extract cores from guys after you have enough to summon one? Thanks.

No reason unless you wanna create a nether version of that creature?

MPLS to NOLA posted:

Update: Siralim is really neat once you get into the dungeons though that first 5 minutes is excruciating, and I suppose I could go read all the books in the library but I'll take any opportunity to double post, so I'll ask here: what's the endgame? How do I Win (don't say 'badly' please).

Also the very first guy I fought was a Lich King, so yeah. That's a thing.

As Locke Dungeon said there is no game end, just stop when you want to.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

MPLS to NOLA posted:

willus was right, though I don't regret yelling at him (it's a simple pleasure of mine)

I'm going to produce some words about Siralim, because I'm enjoying playing it thanks to it's aforementioned f2p nonsense (unbelievable grind for its eleven different kinds of resources, showering you with ever higher numbers and near-useless gewgaws) and also because it has decided to randomly(?) generate the most annoying encounter in the universe over and over presumably forever.

The packs I'm fighting are 5 large at this stage and commonly include the Siren Coercer, Lich Overseer and Pit Worm Gladiator. S/o to multiple Skeleton Marksmen. What this means: a field of enemies who reduce your only renewable means of doing damage to them by a flat 60% or move to the front of the turn order 20% of the time any action is taken by each of the 10 monsters in play. They're supported by a monster who provides at the start of battle to every friendly a buff that prevents all damage from a single source one time, and also (rarely) uses a resurrection spell instead of attacking. They're also supported by a monster who when killed raises other dead monsters on the field with 60% max hp (50% chance, rolled individually). This ability fires each time it is killed.

Did you select the random creature tier upon start up? Also spend your granite on more creature tier upgrades so that that you'll be fighting more kinds of enemy.

e: It isn't really f2p if you only pay once for the game and there are no cash options at all.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

What stores should I loiter around in the UK to get surveys?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Lurker Above posted:

Does anyone know any of the castle secrets in Siralim? So far, I've got:
  • You can recruit an Ale Troll in the castle somewhere. It's probably what inflicts the Buzzed, Drunk, Smashed, and Tipsy statuses.
  • If you summon enough monsters, someone named Slib (after the DWM1 starter slime?) in a hidden room somewhere will give you a new monster.
  • A section of the wall between the enchanter and the blacksmith can be walked through.
  • The potted plant in the upper-right corner of the War Room says "Activated" or "Deactivated" when you talk to it.

I guess in the bar is where you'd get an ale troll.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Evil Vin posted:

Am I doing this right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Heads up for UK goons; visiting Tesco is a great way to trigger a survey.

Every time I've visited the local tesco I've got a survey asking about it.