Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I've been addicted to Super Auto Pets, and now I want something else that is similar in some ways for under the $8.40 I have in Google Play Bucks. Something strategic, turn-based where I can look up or put it away at literally any time without losing anything, low to mid on battery hog (I'm on a Pixel 3a XL), and very replayable. It doesn't need to be an auto-battler or multiplayer like SAP, I just gave it as an example mostly for the ability to put it down and continue whenever I want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
If the game gave me 3 extra gold each round I still don't think I could get 10 wins in the expansion pack side of Super Auto Pets. I think I'm doing good the first four rounds and then run into full melon armor giant pets, or even worse lose by exactly 1 HP.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Vampire Survivors DLC is out for Android! I have nothing else to spend my Google Play credit on, so why not put it towards giving me more eye strain?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

quite stretched out posted:

i get a bunch of mileage out of hungry cat picross whenever it updates, other than that peglin is fairly easy to listen to a podcast with because its turn based and part of it is just watching the ball bounce

I just tried Hungry Cat Picross. It doesn't follow the Picross rules I'm used to. If there's a five box horizontal row that says 1 4, HCP might want OOXOO, when in the Picross rules I know, that always means XOOOO.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The new Super Auto Pets patch is good work. They changed how leveling up works (no more combining two level 2s to make a 3, and when you do level up you get a choice between two pets instead of one random), rebalanced some pets, added new food, and more. Pivoting is more common and working towards a build is easier. I always enjoy puzzling out the weekly pack every week.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer
They let some streamer build the weekly Super Auto Pets pack this week, and he designed a pack that's bad on purpose. There's a lot of big money stuff and an infinite money combo that's hard to pull off if you live long enough, which you probably will because the pack is geared towards draws. The goal is to find the super-rare sloth and buff it to a 50/50 to get that achievement, which is unlikely to happen normally but some people chase it. As someone who plays the weekly as a way to relax, it sucks rear end and I hope they never do this again.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

CaptainBeefart posted:

I installed it again last night and it's very annoying trying to deselect and select another card.

YUP. I keep getting stuck with a card selected that I didn't even intend to, and it's likely I'll play it no matter how carefully I try to deselect it.

Dawncaster is a good concept but horribly unbalanced in favor of the player to the amount where there's no point playing it. It's boring.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

CuddleCryptid posted:

Can someone explain what BuriedBones is? There seems to be a lot of hype for it but when I played it the game seemed to just be a pretty low budget room-by-room roguelike with an unusually detailed skill tree. What's the catch that makes it so interesting?

I'm having trouble getting into it. Feels Path of Exile level complicated but without PoE's solid ARPG foundation. The UI sucks, putting it gently. Nothing behaves like I'd expect halfway competent UI design to in a game. This looks like something where if I watched a few hours of videos on how to play and sunk more hours into playing, I'd enjoy it. But people who have the right brain chemistry to enjoy this UI nightmare complain it's too easy right until they get to a massive difficulty spike that kills them, so I don't think it's worth the time investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Grimey Drawer

teethgrinder posted:

Symphony of the Night is LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE to me because I can't remap the buttons on a Backbone ... it would be so perfect otherwise. (I think it's literally just one stupid mapping for the ... map ... that annoys the poo poo out of me, like touching the right-analogue stick activates it, in addition to the regular 'select' button.)

What's the issue with Slay the Spire ... I've put 600+ hours into it on Android (and 200 before that) and never had an issue with dragging the cards...

Galaxy S22 Ultra here, and card dragging is definitely bugged out in Slay the Spire. Touch a card, maybe to see what it does, I don't remember the exact circumstances, and it gets stuck in your "hand". You can wiggle it around and maybe it'll let you drop it, but there's a 95% chance you're stuck having to play that card even if it looks like you're going to drop it back into your hand of cards.