Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

How do you guys find these gems? When I look through the Play store all I see is "Flappy Mario Minecraft" by "Russian Hacker Games" :eng99:

Edit: oh sorry, the current virus delivery method is "5 Nights at Minecraft"

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Rapner posted:

Blogs, reddit, word of mouth for me.

Any particularly good blog(s)? I don't see one in the op.

I get that the philosophy of Android is open source and indie development, but it'd be nice if there was some curating of games. Less Steam Green light, more GOG would be nice

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

As a super casual player I've had a ton of fun and success playing a basic Priest deck. Games are long, but frustrating your opponent by turtling and healing every turn until you get the most badass combo possible is so drat satisfying. You get so many ragequits once you open up a torrent of cheap bullshit in a single turn it's unreal.

Mage and Warrior can be a pain, but if you can hold out until they exhaust their hand, you can usually make a huge comeback and win. Anyone who has played a blue/white control deck in Magic knows how evilly satisfying that is.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Most classes in Hearthstone succeed by destroying your opponent's health points. Priest succeeds by breaking your opponent's spirit and driving them insane. At least, that's how I feel when I face a good priest, and they systematically nullify everything I've accomplished :saddowns:

Warlock falls under this category too sometimes.

Or it would if I could get my deck too work consistently :saddowns:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

It really might be worthwhile to have the thread title explicitly say "NO CIV, SIM OR 4X GAMES" because drat, every page so far.

Related, has anyone managed to figure out how to play Startrader without wanting to chuck your phone out the window? Makes me long for Space Trader on my ancient palm pilot.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Hope I didn't mess up my chance for making money from surveys by putting my gender as "other: dragon" :vd:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

vmdvr posted:

Some maybe? Hearsay has it that women tend to get more surveys than men. And I doubt any corporations will target surveys at dragons.

But the main thing is to go places with your phone, and to be consistent (and honest) with your answers. Google WILL send surveys just to check if you are lying/a bot.

end dragon discrimination today!

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Some Zero posted:

As someone who just started playing g hearthstone I unlocked all the basics but can't build the decks because I'm missing missing cards. What packs should I be buying basic or the gnome packs?

There are some good basic cards that are nice to pick up, but you have a higher chance of getting better cards with the gnome packs. I personally bought basic decks until I could fill out a few good decks then switched to gnomes when I started getting repeats.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Funkmaster General posted:

I really want to love3 Hearthstone, but I encounter the same issue I always do in CCG games... I just feel like I'd rather be playing Magic. This comes pretty close but the one really sticky point to me is how combat works. If my opponent can ignore my creatures to attack me directly, why would I ever run 1/1 creatures without taunt? They're essentially useless past the first three turns or so.
There really aren't many (any?) 1/1s without an ability you can combo somehow. The game places a much heavier emphasis on combos then magic, mostly since unlike magic you are guaranteed mana. I've played games of magic where a single flyer has won me the game by just repeatedly bashing the opponent. That almost never happens in hearthstone, as most creatures only last a few turns.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Elblanco posted:

Wizards did announce magic duels: origins recently. It comes put on July and replaces duels of the planeswalkers. Instead of new versions very year, it just updates when a new set comes out. There's single player and in game currency to buy cards with, and i think you can pay real money too. It's pretty much the best mtg game.

Will it have actual freeform deck building? That's literally all I want. And no, MTG Online is not the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I can't imagine they'd make the mistake of only allowing you one deck to use twice because wowee zowee that is dumb. Glad I skipped it.