Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

precision posted:

Also I didn't know Sorcery! 3 was out yet. drat it, I still haven't done a perfect run of 1+2 to prepare :ohdear:

It isn't. It will be out on the 16th, so you still have some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Good and bad news about Sorcery! 3

The bad news is that it has been pushed back to the 23 of April.

The good news is that Inkle has released a trailer for the game, which you can find here, be warned though that it does contain some slight spoilers for some of the overarching mechanics.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

FadedReality posted:

:siren: Wayward Souls is the Amazon free app of the day :siren:

Thank you kindly good sir. I had been meaning to give it a go, but I never got around to it.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is Ticket to Ride any good on mobile, especially if I'm playing on my own? I played the boardgame again last night for the first time in years, and I need more.

I played the game both on tablet and phone, and it is definitely enjoyable on. smartphone. I feel the AI gives a reasonable challenge, and as said before you can also play online.

Looking into the humble tabletop bundle might be a good idea, since you will get all the DLC (though of course it will also mean you will have Talisman in your library, but you can't have everything).

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

This is one of our awesome super featured everyone likes it games. If you have $0.99, BUY IT! If you don't, drive by a Subway a few times.

Edit: I'll be updating the OP soon. I'm going to shoot for weekly updates, but my 9 month old is being a real prick these days.

Thirded. Hitman GO is a great puzzle game, and at $0.99 it's a steal.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Sorcery! 3 is out.

:toot:

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

I only played "Waking Mars" on the PC, but I agree that it is a good game.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
"Monument Valley" has just been updated with "Ida's Dream" levels for free. They were part of a time limited charity promotion, but is now available for everyone.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

Anyone have a link to a guide for 80 Days that is less 'be sure to choose to rotate the Buddha's left nipple counter-clockwise to unlock the secret time machine' and more 'this is what it means when something's price is listed as '£5/80d'?

I think its specific meaning is that its price is 5 pounds and 80 pence (80 Days takes place before the UK decimalised their currency. I think the developers left it for flavour), but in practice it means it is either cheap to buy or nearly worthless to sell.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Choice of Robot is Amazon free app of the day! Get one of the best cyoa game now! :f5:

Thank you, I haven't had any time to play it yet, but I have heard good things about it.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Dancer posted:

So the pretty good boardgame Pandemic is coming to Android in about 2 weeks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfR2lv-GNiE

hype

Awesome, I will be looking forward to that.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
Pocket Tactics digged up some more information on the Android version of Pandemic. Apparently we are also getting the "On the Brink", if not at launch then some near point in the future.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

In conjunction with its upcoming PC/Mac release, 80 Days is getting an update in October that adds 30 new cities (mainly in the Americas) and 130, 000 words of new adventures.

It's good to hear that there will be more cities in the Americas, because it always felt like the weakest part of the game.

Everything up to that was cool, everything after that was cool, but the Americas, especially North America, felt like a slog.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

mrkillboy posted:

I wonder if this also means if a westward journey is also possible/worthwhile. Was it possible in the original game?

It is not possible in the original, but near the end of the journey you can bump into a German valet and his English master who are trying to do it for a bet. You can then proceed to give them advice.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Does 80 Days phone home? I know there's a minor, passive multiplayer, but I don't think that's required to play.

You can run it entirely without Internet.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
The digital adaption of the boardgame Brass is coming to Android on the 15th of November.

It will feature solo play video AI and online multiplayer.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013
A new Humble Mobile bundle has launched, but I don't think it looks very interesting.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Any goon reviews on this? Aside from some AI issues, I haven't heard any negative things about it, but I usually first check with Goon Thoughts.

It was in my wishlist, so I bought it when you mentioned the sale.

I like it. It is true to the boardgame. It has a nice aesthetic (it would be nice if there was a daytime map, but it is far from a dealbreaker) and unobtrusive, yet fitting, background music (no sliders, but sound effects and background music can be toggled on/off independently).

The game comes with clear rules written for the app, and has an excellent tutorial for all aspects of the game.

You can play on-line, through Bluetooth, or pass-n-play. I have only tried to play against the AI, and I don't have any complaints about it. The AI comes in easy, medium and hard difficulties. For me they put up a good level of challenge, but I have not played the game in years, so it might just be me being rusty.

Due to the size of the board, the many stations, the lines between them and the fact that the investigators can be all over the board, it is far more enjoyable on a tablet than on a phone.

The game is what it is, a game of deduction and semi hidden information, with a resource management aspect (possibly co-op). It is a kid friendly game, so the choices for each action are few and simple, and there are no combos to master - so there is little in the way of analysis paralysis.

My biggest complaint is that you cannot review the path Mr. X took once the game is over.

It is an old game, but I found it enjoyable, and I think it is worth a buck.

Parenthesis fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 13, 2015

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I pulled the trigger on The Room 3.. do I need to have played the previous iterations to get what's going on?

Some bad poo poo went down at the end of The Room 2, which is vaguely referred to at the beginning of The Room 3, but otherwise it is really standalone.

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Is Sorcery 2 worth playing? I just gave it a shot and the first thing it did was have me get into an unavoidable fight with a homeless guy, and I really didn't feel like beating up or killing a homeless beggar as my first action in the world. it seems to suggest you can try to avoid fighting him, but then it throws you into this fight anyway and if you die you're only option is to rewind and try to kill the homeless man again. I like the narrative structure it seemed to have going on, but if it's just window dressing for a turn based RPG where you just kill everyone and make no choices, I'll just uninstall it.

I would swear you could just ignore him, but that might be because I've always imported my save game from the first Sorcery! , and he acts as the combat tutorial.

In any case, you only end up giving him a light beating and you can converse with him afterwards and join up with him temporarily. The Sorcery! series is filled with choices and you are very rarely forced into combat. If you get into a dangerous situation with an intelligent creature you usually get the choice to cast a spell, attempt to talk your way out, or fight, each of them being perfectly valid most off the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parenthesis
Jan 3, 2013

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It's been a long time I played it but I think the import is done via a code you type so maybe it works?

Yup. The saves are entirely cross platform.