Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

incogneato posted:

Into The Breach question:

It seems to (usually) use the single use turn reset when I close the game mid-mission. Which is a fairly annoying issue on a mobile game. It's turn-based so I had enjoyed being able to pick it up and pause it as needed.

Is this working as intended, or am I doing something wrong? Is there some way to pause/close the game mid mission without losing the reset?

Have you tried clicking the gear icon and Main Menu and then exiting the game? I have not come across this issue when closing the app mid mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Speaking of which, what are goons' favorite portrait-mode android games for just opening it up and tooling around for 2-5 minutes while you wait in line or something? I usually just browse SA or read an article or something.
Seems like all the most visible games want to do the big habit-building lifestyle thing with daily grinds and stamina systems and longer play sessions and etc etc

Knotwords if you like word puzzles.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've been playing Chimera Recollect for a few days and enjoying it so far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.initiasnow.Chimera&hl=en_US&gl=US

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I think I hit the point where garlic isn't my go to. Vampire Survivors is very fun.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

SynthesisAlpha posted:

It's good for a few days but progress stalls really hard and you're constrained by the size of the board really badly. The mechanics are a good step forward for the merge things genre but it just didn't have a ton of staying power for me.

I had the same experience.

Hungry For Home: A Cats Tail is a similar merge game that didn't seem to have the same limitations.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.toho.ouchinikaeritai

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've been playing The Way Home. Simple roguelike that took about 8 hours to finish the story. After beating the story you unlock party mode which allows you to play a 50 level dungeon, and each level completed allows you to select a skill upgrade or a character/character upgrade who fights with you. I found it charming enough after the first of 4 islands to pay the $6 for no ads and support the developer.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

delfin posted:

I gave this a try and, despite initial impressions, kept going with it. (Man, that was a lot of ads to grind through.) Party Mode changes everything up because figuring out which chars work well together and which powerups they can use is almost a game in itself -- I need to chart it out or something.

Yeah the main story part was a bit underwhelming but party mode is keeping my attention.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Brotato convinced me to buy a 8bitdo controller. I'm also excited to get back into Castlevania SotN and Dead Cells with it.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Its been fun playing Castlevania SotN after Vampire Survivors to see where the inspiration came from.

Also Castlevania SotN is really really good, I didn't realize it had so much depth to it.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

teethgrinder posted:

The later Gameboy Advance/DS games all build upon SotN if you're looking for more. There is a recent collection of the Advance ones on current systems, but not on mobile unfortunately.

And then the director after leaving Konami kickstarted Bloodstained, which is like the ultimate version of all those games. It's been an amazing project. I love it, but some people whine it's 2.5D and not pixel art. This one is on mobile apparently (I had no idea!) but I have no idea how it plays on a phone: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=bloodstained&c=apps

That's good to know, thank you for the information. I'm definitely checking out other Castlevanias after I finish this. That Bloodstained looks interesting as well.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

:eyepop:

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Thanks for the spoilers. :(

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've been enjoying Grimvalor, especially the shameless stolen Dark Souls aesthetics.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Just finished Down In Bermuda after a couple days of play. Short little adventure puzzle game. I'd recommend it. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co.yakand.downinbermuda

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Silius posted:

Page is up to let you know when it's out!

Luck be a Landlord

Thanks for the heads up, looks interesting.

I've been enjoying the point and click Thimbleweed Park so far. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.terribletoybox.thimbleweedparkandroid

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Silius posted:

Page is up to let you know when it's out!

Luck be a Landlord

It's now available.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

explosivo posted:

Not implying that I was misled, I just never really looked much into the game beyond the few screenshots on steam and the knowledge that it was highly recommended. I'm having a hell of a time making sense of the items, I feel like I'm randomly choosing things right now but will probably make sense once I learn the mechanics.

I am having the same experience. I just finished a run focusing on animals and rocks/gems and then symbols that multiplied the values of those items and was able to clear the first floor.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Thank you for sharing the body horror idle game. It's a nice contrast to WITH.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

You guys have to try Super Snail

Thanks for the reminder. I tried to play a while back but they were not accepting any new users at the time.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Anyone try Bibots yet?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pid.bibots

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Tsietisin posted:

Thank you. This in turn led to the original this war based on and was certainly the game I used to play.

Dungeon Raid

I think I still have an old tablet with this installed on it. Great game.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

explosivo posted:

The android port of StS kinda sucks though

I installed it again last night and it's very annoying trying to deselect and select another card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

I've been enjoying Match Collector, it's a match 3 with a very simple design. There are ads but there's no IAP as far as I can tell.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.staplegames.matchcollector