Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese
Wow - I didn't realize Avernum was ported to mobile, but it would definitely be a fantastic Android game. Most Spiderweb games probably would be, now that I think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

I guess I have no excuse for never having played this now, even though I enjoyed the short story as a high schooler. Thanks!

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah you pretty much need to watch the ad for the loot box I think.

I have tried this twice and both times the loot boxes were empty, or didn't land correctly, or something. I just gave up.

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh. I was on an airplane so I didn't try, but there's so little food or water that I just assumed it was nearly mandatory.

It definitely sucks a lot less if you can get a gun on the first island, but it's still kind of a crapshoot and it's really frustrating to not be able to get off the first island because the looting RNG isn't going your way.

I'm still playing it though because it's a decent timewaster and I love flawed loot-for-your-own-survival games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Are any of the Star Wars games not poo poo?

There's a strong contingent of goons who play Galaxy of Heroes over in this thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774770

I've been playing it for over a year and a half so far. It's fun as long as you're down with freemium Heroes games.