Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

My girlfriend installed "Words With Friends 2" and insisted I play it with her. That game, of course, is an all-out assault on the player of absolutely everything that is terrible about mobile gaming.

Does anyone have any alternative recommendations I can play with her? It doesn't have to be scrabble-like specifically, just something turn-based I can bounce into while on the can at work to throw a "your move!" at her.

Edit: Wordfeud was the answer. Thanks!!

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 13:45 on May 8, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zzMisc
Jun 26, 2002

RandExt posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twinworld.survivor.games.paid.gp

Extremely strange game, it's a $3 survivors-like parody of P2W games and all of the "paid" content in the game is unlocked by playing and "hacking" into it. Bizarre writing and some grammar issues, but I find it charming.

Hah, thanks for this, dropped the $3 solely on the premise. Plus because it's a straight purchase it's in the family library so the SO can try it too. And I should be able to install it on the degoogled handheld with Aurora!

Edit: On first run though it popped open a request to be able to make and receive phone calls (???) so hopefully I didn't just make a huge mistake.

vv Yeah it seems fine as far as I can tell. And I'm really enjoying the game! It's kinda hilarious, it drops a couple different 'premium' currencies and then gives you a bunch of 'hacker' coins that you can immediately use to get neigh-infinite of the other two currencies, buying a bunch of upgrades up to the things that are locked behind progression. Only done the first two acts so far but the game is silly easy after doing that.

zzMisc fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Apr 25, 2024