Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

CivRev2 could really use a qualitity of life update for modern Android, or sequel at this point. Hope the franchise is not totally abandoned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Wish I could buy ITB separately though. Had cancelled Netflix but ended up needing it again anyway.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Aware posted:

Whoever suggested slay the spire thank you and i hate you it's destroying my life and I haven't been gotten on the plane yet.
Buckle up

Only registered members can see post attachments!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

I don't like deckbuilders, but I love Slay The Spire. So far, I've resisted the temptation to get it on Android, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out…
If it helps/hurts, you can copy the Steam save data to Android via drag & drop with your phone connected to your computer.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Yepppppp. I haven't tried doing it backwards, but having it on my phone has been the alpha and omega.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Busy Bee posted:

So I've been playing Candy Crush for probably over 10 years now.... Not much has been taking up my time on my phone except for that and sometimes Solitaire.

Any recommendations for recent Android games that are easy to pick up and play? I don't mind paying. I'm thinking about getting Monopoly because I was hooked on it when a recent plane I flew had it on their entertainment screen.

I just downloaded Mahjong and Monopoly Go.
Slay the Spire is essentially Battle Solitaire.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

explosivo posted:

The android port of StS kinda sucks though
Have you tried it recently? After being neglected for over a year it got a bunch of updates that I think have got it in a good place finally. Blew my mind that even the cloud sync is fast now.

But some people do seem to have issues with specific models/OS updates.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

After the initial charge, Slay the Spire only costs the rest of your life.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Are there graphically impressive games on the Play store that actually take advantage of "a gaming phone". I remember Galaxy on Fire (2) being cool but that was years ago. Browsing nothing seems exceptional.

I have the San Andreas remaster (Netflix) and it's pretty cool (for some reason it seems the mobile ports aren't the disaster the PC/console versions are), but... still an old game ultimately.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

drat, had just noticed there were over 800 new posts in that thread since I last checked in on it.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

i feel like the main audience for those gaming phones is people who are way too into stuff like pubg mobile or cod mobile. which are not visually impressive at all since they just have generic realism artstyles
also mobile is just a really bad way to experience that genre so i have no idea why those games are so popular
That makes a lot of sense. I was just curious because I do like tech demos / eye-candy but in practice... my mobile gaming is 95% Slay the Spire, 4% NYT app, 1% other distractions.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I like landscape a lot but it's not a good look during meetings

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Had bad insomnia and Slice & Dice was probably the worst thing I could have done

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Symphony of the Night is LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE to me because I can't remap the buttons on a Backbone ... it would be so perfect otherwise. (I think it's literally just one stupid mapping for the ... map ... that annoys the poo poo out of me, like touching the right-analogue stick activates it, in addition to the regular 'select' button.)

What's the issue with Slay the Spire ... I've put 600+ hours into it on Android (and 200 before that) and never had an issue with dragging the cards...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I'm sorry, that sucks. Literally never had that happen.

On my OP9, the camera cutout was over the button to see what's remaining in your deck which was annoying. It would weirdly still activate if I poked at it enough, so I didn't generally bother enabling rotation to 180 degree the screen.

... but even on an OP12 where it's not covered, it's still weirdly really difficult to activate.

Also on the 9 a lot of enemy status effects were covered by the foreground, but I believe if I tapped on the enemy itself I'd get a tooltip showing what was active.

There were a bunch of universal Android issues with the map in recent updates, but those finally seem to have been smoothed out. It's still a tad crash-prone when multitasking, but not as bad as it has been. It's mitigated by no longer having that minute+ sync on launch.

lovely some people can't drag cards properly. Is it possible Samsung has some kind of assist feature interfering?