Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Zet posted:

If you're interested in some behind the scenes decisions, the dev for Papers, Please made a post about it: https://dukope.com/devlogs/papers-please/mobile/

This is an extremely pro-click if you are a UX nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
One-shot Spine on Impossible today, Knight with Greatsword and Blessed Weapon is OP. Actually Blessed Weapon is crazy OP for every class using basic attack (e.g. Onzil). Might be my favorite card in the game.

I can't post a deck screenshot because fighting Spine destroys a bunch of your cards, so your run ends up with a weird busted deck. But Greatsword with lots of upgrades, Blessed Weapon, the one that lets you draw a card on basic attack and Consecration (basics deal burning equal to their damage). Just (almost) infinite chunky basic attacks that each leave a big burn. Think I applied about 2k of burn to Spine on the first round.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CainFortea posted:

*note: Does not stack with that talent that does the same thing.

Also there is some limit on how many times you can draw to an empty deck or reshuffle your deck.

I do not know what this limit is, but it exists.

It's called Fatigue and you can see the limit on your character screen (Fatigue Resistance).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CainFortea posted:

Okay, but like, it's just a number. It doesn't mean anything. My current run has a fatigue resistance of "3". 3 what?

Long press on the stat and it will tell you what it does. In this case, you can reshuffle your deck 3 times before you start to take damage (then the damage ramps up, first time is 10% of health, then 20%, etc).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Shwqa posted:

I don't know if you know this, but Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards.

Is there a dracula in Castlevania? I've never played it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

New Leaf posted:

Yeah but you can hit Infinite without paying a penny. I've done it. Sure there are crazy meta decks so you just play the anti-meta.

It takes so goddamn long though. I literally had to quit the game because the temptation and time involved with grinding infinite every season was having a negative effect on the rest of my life. If you average a cube a game (which is crazy good) you're looking at ~300 games every season just to hit infinite. You gotta have some serious spare time to keep up.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
They're all worth the buy IMO, great game and deserves the support. Having said that, the bulk of new cards are added for free, the expansions are just zones and enemies. But they're all interesting and change up the game in interesting ways (except Grove of the Dying Star, gently caress that place).

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Retro Bowl College - I haven't played the original, but I'm quite enjoying this. Though my major issue is it seems like my defence is always catastrophically bad - any time the opposition gets the ball they are like 90% to touchdown. Is that just a quirk of the games, or is there something I'm not building right in my team? I have been trying to buy star offence and defence players roughly evenly, and my defence star rating is usually within a half star of the opposition's offence.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
My first slice and dice experience: easy round 3, got a 3 damage bottom side item, 'activates death for all group members'. Can't be what it sounds like, surely.. Oh. Well that was quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

explosivo posted:

Suika Game on Android! Good price and no ads or microtransactions.

Huh, I've been playing this one for months and had no idea it was a ripoff

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.superbox.aos.suikagame

Edit: now that I look at the app ID, I'm even more confused.