Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

If I wanted to play a SimCity clone on a 2013 Moto X, which would be a good one? Is the actual SimCity any good, or would I be better sticking with something like Megapolis?

This has been the most requested genre in this thread for years, and unfortunately the answer is still "They all suck"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

wall monitor posted:

Hi! I've just switched over from iphone to android.

What games should I be picking up here that I wouldn't have had a chance to play over there?

Pixel Dungeon is about the only great Android exclusive I know of. The vast majority of games start on iOS then come to Android later.

I feel like we're starting to catch up though. More games seem to be released on both simultaneously these days.

Farquar fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Apr 20, 2015

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

the chaos engine posted:

Hug a corner and never stop spinning your arms.

My father gave me the same advice when I graduated college, and now I own my own staffing company!

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Ariza posted:

What games would you compare it to?

I'm kind of at a loss on what it compares to. It's pretty unique. Each player pulls tiles to build a space ship out of various parts, then you all go through a series of random encounters to see who's spaceship holds up the best.

I've only played through the campaign myself, and it's very polished and well made. I assume the multiplayer also plays great.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Gyshall posted:

Today google asked me if I was aware of transexual individuals, if I myself was a transexual individual, and how frequent I smoked.

Google did not give me any googlebux for telling them, though :saddowns:

Are you sure those weren't just texts from your mom?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Morpheus posted:

I've got a small city called Vangoon (i am not a creative man) up and running, let me know your player Id as well

I'm farquar#26903 looking for a goon town in Shop Heroes

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Deki posted:

You should probably create a new one. City pop caps are really low.

Incedentally, any investing you do to the city follows you, so you're not hosed over if you need to switch cities or are kicked.

Yeah this is good to know. I was holding off on investing anything into my city before I got my goon invite, but found it brought all my investments with me, so don't be afraid to upgrade your stuff in your starting city.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I feel like I might be playing Shop Heroes too casually for a game with so few town spots. Feel free to kick me from Vangoon if you need room.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I'm buying Sproggiwood once my play credit hits $10.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Well the creators don't make any money off trading, so they have to discourage that. Just buy, collect, HORDE!

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

apokaladle posted:

Sproggiwood's on sale on the Google Play store, 50% off/$4.99 in the US. Thinking of picking it up now.

Sweet! I was just thinking this morning "Man, at the rate I get surveys lately it's going to take forever to get this last $1.50 to buy Sproggiwood!"

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

I've already got Pixel Dungeon and Hoplite, but it's neither of them. I'll search the thread and see if I can find it.\

Found it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QCFDesign.DesktopDungeonsMobile&hl=en

Desktop Dungeons.

Yes I love Desktop Dungeons too. Cardinal Quest 2 is also a great, free, bite sized roguelike.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

SpclKen posted:

I've saved up 20 google bux. I am really having trouble pulling the trigger on a game. I want something that I will enjoy for a while. I Love xcom, final Fantasy tactics, I tried Baulders gate and it was ok. I am looking for something on my phone and I heard the Dragon Quest games are good, but I just need some convincing on if I should try those. Anything else I should be considering?

Sproggiwood is a great strategy roguelike that works well on a phone.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

puschel posted:

Can someone suggest a cool match-3 game that goes a bit deeper?

Dungeon Raid
You Must Build A Boat

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Oh poo poo, a replay of You Must Build A Boat? That's exactly what I need now. Thanks for reminding me about it.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Tagichatn posted:

Looks like a great deal, let's see what's new...

That's baby Yoda, right?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Doc Fission posted:

Anyone know offhand some fun phone games without ads or games you can pay for once and never see an ad in again?

Card Quest is a great tactical card game. I've spent many many hours with this one and never seen a single ad. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winterspring.cardquest&hl=en_US&gl=US

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I've been enjoying Dicast: Rules of Chaos lately.

It's a simple 1v1 board game with lots of variety and randomness. If RNG is the kind of thing that can ruin your day, stay away from this one.

It's free to play, and you could totally pay to advance faster, but I haven't had to. I thought I would bounce of this months ago, but I just keep coming back, so I figured I would share it.

You get a basic deck of dice cards (Random, Odd, Even, etc.) and add some special cards to it customize it. Earn gold and upgrade and unlock new heroes. I was originally worried about needing to ultra focus all my upgrades into one hero and base to stay relevant, but learned that they actually have a max level of 5. Once you hit that, you can spend your gold on others.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Go RV! posted:

This is really neat, I'm enjoying it. Thanks for posting about it. The English is just sketchy enough to scratch that "badly Google translated text" itch, but usually comprehensible, and the game is kinda fun too.

Is there a smart way to use your currencies? Should I be buying directly, or using it to crack open chests?

e: this time gating is kind lovely though.

At the beginning, you should spend your gold on upgrading your heroes and bases. Gold is you biggest bottleneck for a while, so don't spend it on chests.

Once you get a hero to level 5, you'll just be using hero and equipment tokens to upgrade them. No gold necessary. Hero tokens will be your bottleneck then.

Once you get a base to level 5, you unlock crafting, which is a new passive income source, and you'll start earning gold faster. My level 5 gold mine earns me about 600 gold every five hours or so.

Gems I usually spend on hero tokens in the timed shop that occasionally pops up. That might not start happening until you're a higher level, I'm not sure. There doesn't seem to be a huge value difference in what to spend gems on, so I've also splurged on some skins and emojis and I don't regret it.

The game is also being actively developed. Since I started playing this summer, they've added three heroes and two bases and done some pretty big balance changes. The English is still a little wonky in some of the skill descriptions, but you eventually figure it out.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Go RV! posted:

Any point to joining a guild in Dicast? Pub guilds are always inactive and terrible. I'd suggest a goon guild but I don't know that there's much of a population yet.

It gets you an extra 100 gold per day when you check in, and at the end of the season, the higher ranked guilds get a bigger reward chest.

There's absolutely no social interaction in the pubbie guild I joined. You can play monster jack together, but I've never seen that actually happen. There is however something in the "Coming soon" section of the guild page that says 4v4. Not sure what that is or when that's happening.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

mirror123 posted:

In Dicast does the gold I get from goldmine in a match add to my currency used for upgrades? Or is it just kept in the match for when I land on the shop?

Applied as bubuhu12

The gold you have at the end of a match is what you earn, win or lose. It caps out at 100 gold and it can be doubled if you break the other player's win streak.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Sometimes the monsters in Diecast have more target dice (not counting the archer's skill which is quite obvious). Slimes will have 4 or 5 and the trees have 2 or 3. Is there any logic to that?

It's in interesting game. Clearly there's a lot of randomness but there's also strategy going on, but that strategy is obfuscated by not seeing the opponent's hand. I had one game where I was on my base with an attack right in front of me, holding a Return and a 1 but just too low attack to kill. So I use some random other die, return to my base for a level-up getting me to lethal, and then use the 1 to attack and win. From my side that was clever, from theirs it probably looked like absolute BS because they don't know I was holding those already.

Yeah, when the other player does something incredible, you never really know if it was strategy or luck. Those really close games can be nail biting at the end though.

I also have not figured out why monsters have different amounts of target dice. If you notice a pattern, let me know.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Go RV! posted:

Yeah, I've still got 70-80% wins and I'm about to graduate out of gold rank, I don't think you'd get that on a real rng game.

That said, I'm starting to run into some players who have some equipment, cause I'm at a pretty big hp disadvantage sometimes.

I'm almost through the Locoi event stuff, just gotta get 25 more Onslaught-enhanced kills, and buy a bunch of the gold chest. If you've got Locoi, it's not too hard to do. Just make sure you've got skeletons out when you attack, as they're used up when you do.

Once you get a hero to level 5, they get a big jump in HP and AP, plus they start with their 2nd skill. In that transition phase, before you're there, that can turn into some crushing defeats. Where I am in the ranks now, everybody is level 5 and it's pretty even again. Some people have a few more HP and AP than others is all.

I'll join the guild as LordSwifticus once there are open slots again.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

mirror123 posted:

In dicast does it seem like monster jack is a huge waste of time? I get that I'll probably regret not doing it but it's like 1/4 chance I'll even get a reward out of it.

If you can beat the dragon, that's worth like 900 gold. Nothing to sneeze at. I bought the emojis of the dice, so I can broadcast which cards I have during a monster jack. It's occasionally useful, if somebody picks up on what I'm doing and they have the right cards. I probably win about half of them.

It's not as much fun as the regular game though, and you should do what's fun.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

In Dicast, getting to a hero and base level 5 is a big gold cost, but after that, hero tokens are your main gate. Then you can spend your gold on other heroes and bases. I started playing in June and just today hit level 5 with all the heroes and bases except Locoi and Breezey Bastion, because those are the latest releases and I don't have enough tokens for them yet. Next I'll be spending my gold on premium chests. As a F2P player, equipment tokens have never been a bottleneck, so don't bother spending anything on those.

Now I can freely choose which heroes and bases to play and I feel pretty evenly matched up into the diamond league. I don't have time to get past that, even though my rank keeps climbing if I keep playing. At the end of each season it drops everybody down to the previous league I think.

Monster Jack has come and gone a few times now, slightly updated each time. They haven't had any other extra games yet, but I'd guess some sort of 4 vs 4 is coming next because there's a tab for that in the guild screen. There will probably be a break with no event for a little while.

Getting a base to level 5 is also a big income boost, because you can passively "craft" gold, gems, and equipment tokens.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Thing is, I've had it go off when I step on a trap or lose to a monster hunt.
d
This one took me a while to figure out too. When you draw a special card from your deck, it triggers the ability at the end of the turn. So if you draw a Shuffle card, then roll and land on a trap, it will still trigger your ability.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Loonytoad Quack posted:

We're currently full (only have 15 slots) but should have enough shields to upgrade for another 5 slots in 2 or 3 days.

The following goon hasn't signed in for nearly 5 days, if they haven't logged in by this evening I will kick and let you in instead, they can always re-join when we expand:

I tried to buy more slots with gems but apparently only the guild master can do that. If you're able to transfer ownership to me (LordSwifticus), I can buy 5 more slots and transfer it back.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Has anybody figured out how to get those blue gems for crafting in Dicast?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Lowness 72 posted:

Slay the Spire just released on the Play store! $10

I've never bought an android game so fast.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Searching the Play store still doesn't show it for some reason. Try the direct link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humble.SlayTheSpire

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

antisocial86 posted:

So in Dicast, I got bored and finished all of Locoi's achievements go unlock his Skeletanization card, figuring it's like a M-M-MEGA SKELETON badass effect. Haven't actually had it in my deck once in like 20 games after adding it. I wonder if it only works for other heroes? gently caress, trying that now

Edit: yep, I'm a dumbass, it works for the OTHER heroes so now I got the bomb dude making GBS threads skeletons too. Yeehaw.

That's strange that you haven't drawn it with Locoi. Pretty sure I've seen Locoi use it against me.

But yeah, the most fun with the hero card unlocks is using them with other heroes. I use Windstorm with a lot of them (push opponent 3 spaces toward you base)

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

New Dicast hero is out along with some balance changes:

code:
 3.5.0 PATCH NOTE

[SYSTEM]
- Bailey the cat will help you bail out from the jail now in Arena battle.

[CONTENT]
- New Hero [CAROLINE] will join the battle.
[PIRATE TAX COLLECTION] : Upon successful attack, you receive30%/50%/90%of the target's gold as pirate tax.
[PIRATESHIP SHELLING] : If an enemy is in the opposite line, fire 1 cannon ball with damage equal to 30%/40%/50% of AP.
If you have more gold than the enemy, 1 cannon ball is added per 20 Gold difference. (Max 4 cannon balls)
[CANNONADE] : Add 1/2/3 shots to [PIRATESHIP SHELLING]

- New Guild cooperating content [GUILD MISSION]
Cooperate with your fellow guild mates to complete Guild Missions and receive rewards!

- 8 New Cards
Special Card: [PIRATESHIP SHELLING, HALF SWORD, SPECIAL CHAOS, HALF LIFE, HAND CHANGE, GOLD CHANGE]
Special Combo Card: [ENHANCE MAGIC BOOK, SUMMON REVERSE DICE]

- New Caroline Emoji

[IVY]
When [SHARPSHOOTER] activates, [ENTANGLEMENT] effect will not be renewed.

[CARD]
Few Special Card effect adjusted
[PURIFICATION, IMMUNE DEBUFF] : Available to use in Sneed's Ice Prision. When used, prision and ice road will be removed.
[UNEXPECTED LUCK] : Applies to card purchased in Battle Shop. When receiving more than 1 card, only applies to 1 card.
[DRAW DICE] : Only summons forward direction dice cards. Will not summon reverse dice cards.
[SUMMON TRAP, RELOCATION, GOLD ROAD] : When changing the blocks, all of the block applied effects will be removed also.

[HEROJACK]
- Overpower round: Additional attack will be added every 5 round
- If DRAW occurs consecutively, the attack power will increase cumulatively.
- You can now select the Hero in Random match and Friend match also.
- Team HP will be displayed to help understand the battle situation.

- Jack Hit Hero Skill will be adjusted as the following,
[CRITICAL] : Additional damage will be given to other player that was not targeted.
[RECOVER] : When revived, revives with HP 1
[BUFF] : AP increases
[CARD] : Gets 2 Special cards
- 1 Special card given at Jack Hit is removed.
I'm going to miss getting negative dice cards from Draw Dice. I was using that in every deck.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

They're going Kleenex on us! What's the generic name for that type of puzzle?

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Dicast chat: I just today realized that you can get rid of Trixie's pills by selling them in the shop.

Also, how does this game not have collectable cosmetic dice? Practically every other game in existence does.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I found the crafting in Graveyard keeper to be way more fun than Stardew. There's a lot of "You need to research this machine, to build this part, to fix this bridge" etc. It has more structure built in, while Stardew is more free form. I also enjoyed not having any kind of time limit. You can advance whatever skill/plot you want at your own pace.

I have no idea how the controls are on Android though. I've only played on PC.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

I'm still playing regularly as LordSwifticus if you want to pass it to me.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

New Dicast patch today:

quote:

3.7.0 PATCH NOTE
[SYSTEM]
- Weekly Rival System is newly added. Defeat your rivals every week to receive rewards! Starts on 5/3 00:00 UTC!
- Dice skin is newly added! Now you can change the dice skin to your taste during battle!

[HERO]
- New Hero [MIRAI] will join the battle.
[SHURIKEN] : Receives Shuriken card that deals 2/3/6 damage to opponent if no damage is received for 3/3/2 turns. If hand is full, the card is triggered immediately.
[SHADOW HIDE] : Goes into [STEALTH] mode, if you are 2/3/6 blocks behind opponent, or if you end your turn without moving. Does not get targeted by attack when you are in [STEALTH] mode. Removes defuff by 0/50/100% probability.
[FLASH] : Inflicts additional damage of 30/50/100% and moves to 1 block in front of the opponent when attacking in [STEALTH] mode. Opponent attacked by FLASH will be in [REVERSE] state.

- Decster [ Special Card] skill will now only deal damage of 10/20/30% of AP when u receive special cards during your turn and the number of special cards received will not be considered in damage calculations.

[BASE]
- Base [MEOW'S MARKET] Grade 5 system 'Market' will be available.
Unlike other bases, when you unlock Meow's Market Grade 5, Market system will be unlocked. Which you can buy Shards and specialty items such as Fragment of Everything and Special Cards at a discounted price.

[CARD]
[GOLD CHANGE] Changed to Special Combo card from Special Normal card
[SHUFFLE] card will be extinguished from the deck once used.

[GUILD]
- Guild Mission will be improved as follows,
* Mission Mercenary hiring currency is changed from Gems to Gold
* Now Guild Master can give up difficult missions.

[BATTLE]
- Lv. 2 Magic Book: New Magic [FLICKER], [GREAT CHAOS] added
* [FLICKER] : Move to a desired location in your current line.
* [GREAT CHAOS] : Incinerate all of opponent's card and create 5 Random dice cards.
- Lv. 3 Magic Book: [TELEPORT] removed from Lv. 2 and added to Lv. 3 Magic book

[SHOP]
- New Emoji : [MIRAI]
- New Dice Skin : [IMMORTAL], [FAITH], [BRONZE], [SILVER], [ARABIC], [ROMAN]

[BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENT]
- Pill card not giving out issue when Trixie steps on the Food block when under Vloot's [BLOOD CURSE] fixed
- Pirateship shelling icon not disappearing issue when battle ends fixed
- Local Hero win count resetting to 1 and RP difference in Global and Country issue fixed

* May 1st changes:
1. Increase of reward in Daily Attendance

* May 3rd changes:
1. Increase of reward in Daily Quest and Weekly Quest
2. Dungeon Premium Pass Gold Mine Gold Limitation increases to 10,000 Gold from 2,000.

I can't believe it took them more than a year to add customizable dice to a dice game.

Several increased rewards for us free players though. Paying for guild missions with gold means we won't be stuck forever until somebody buys a skin with gems anymore. (Thanks for buying that other one, keepersa)

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Card Quest is the offline game that has stolen most of my time.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Have people had a good experience with Slay the Spire on their phone? I was so excited about it, but just find the UI makes it frustrating to play. I find it difficult to look at the cards in my hand without accidentally playing them. Once I take a look at one, it's really hard to put it back to look at a different one. What am I doing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

New Dicast patch is out.

quote:

3.8.0 PATCH NOTE

[SYSTEM]
- NEW RANDOM PLAY MODE. Enter battle with randomly selected Hero and Base
- Now get up to 500 Gold if you win the battle and up to 100 Golds if you lose.

- NEW EVENT MODE [WANTED]
- Defeat the Villains in the Dicast battlefield and get up to 55,000 Gold and 3,000 Gems!
- Event Duration: June 1st ~ June 21st

[BASE]
- New Base [TESLA COIL] is now available in the battle.
[SPARK] Deals damage to opponent within 2 blocks front and back of the Base and gives electric shock for 1 turn. Opponent in shock will be stunned for 1 turn if attacked instead of getting damage. Already stunned opponent will not be electrocuted.

[HERO]
- MIRAI
[SHURIKEN] Shuriken receive turns 3/3/2 ⇒ 4/3/2 Turn, 2/3/6 damage ⇒ 50% of AP damage
[SHADOW HIDE] Stealth mode available blocks 2/3/6 ⇒ 3/4/6, Removes debuff 0%/50%/100% ⇒ 0%/30%/80% chance and firewall, ice road are included in the removal.

* Below Hero adjustments are applied after Season 5 ends.

- CAROLINE
[PIRATESHIP SHELLING] Additional cannon Gold difference 20 ⇒ 10 Gold. 5 Gold is consumed per each cannon.

- VLOOT
[BLOOKSUCK] Heals HP 40%/60%/100%
[BLOOD CURSE] Turn decreased to 1/2/3, gives 25%/50%/100% damage of opponent's heal. [BAT CONTRACT] evasion increase rate is fixed at 100%
[CARD]
- [QUICK SHOWDOWN] Special Combo card changed to Special Normal card
- Now if Special Combo cards are used, it will not be drawn again when deck is shuffled.

[BATTLE]
Turn waiting time is decreased for Master League and over.

[SHOP]
- New Ultimate Hero Skin: [BLOOD COMMANDER VLOOT], [OUTLAW SCARLET], [CHERRY BLOSSOM MIRAI]
- New Emoji Sets: [CHERRY BLOSSOM GIRL], [MIMI THE CAT]
** MIMI THE CAT by Soymatcha
If there are players who are interested in sending artworks please do so!

- New Dice Skin: [HELLFIRE], [ORIGIN], [GOLD], [HEART]
- Royal Chest price decrease from 500 Gems to 200 Gems.

[BUG FIXES & IMPROVEMENT]
- Protection of Dragon will now protect the Victory key of 1/3 charge
- Game freezing when used [SHADOW MOVEMENT] 1 block behind opponent issue fixed

The new Random Play Mode is great. It picks a random hero and base for you, but you get +50% RP for a win and -75% RP for a loss. Since I've basically been picking random heroes anyway, this is perfect for me.

Since there are only a few of us still playing in the guild, it's probably time to disband it. It's not like there's any social interaction in the game anyway. We don't have enough people to complete the guild missions, so it probably makes sense for everybody to just join the biggest guild you can.