Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I don't know if anyone else is playing EA Sports UFC Mobile but I wonder if anyone has managed to successfully execute a takedown in a fight? The QTE for it seems almost impossible to land, and I was wondering if there's some kind of trick I'm missing.

Otherwise I'm finding it to be a surprisingly decent game, though it probably could do with a create a fighter mode.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
It looks like the original Kingdom Rush has gone from a premium app to free. The game has always had IAPs but it looks like nothing else has been added due to the price change (well, not from what I can gather anyway).

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Just in time for the console version to be released three weeks ago, the mobile version of Mortal Kombat X is out of soft launch for Android. Anyone who's played Injustice Mobile or WWE Immortals should be very familiar with how the game is like (ie. super simplified fighting and endless card collecting).

Also, there's a new Humble Mobile Bundle out! The games this round are:

The Last Express
Spaceteam Premium
Tilt to Live 2
Monument Valley (beat the average)
Blek (beat the average)
Joe Danger (beat the average)

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:20 on May 5, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Grim Fandango Remastered is out for Android. You can grab it for the sale price of $10.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Pretty good stealth shooter CounterSpy is on sale for 99 cents. Monument Valley is also on sale for 99 cents, and Icewind Dale for just over $4.

The devs behind Goat Simulator have also put out a spin-off of their game called GoatZ for anyone who wished Goat Simulator needed more zombies.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 7, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Star Trek Trexels, a starship management game which appears to take some inspiration from games like Tiny Tower, is now out for Android.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Speaking of shoot em ups, Magenta Arcade, a top down shooter where "your finger is the ship" is out now for Android. Along with the full version there's also a free demo version as well.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
And to think Google temporarily pulled Threes! from the Play Store a few days ago just for mentioning "2048".

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyone who has fond memories of the 2004 PC game Evil Genius may be horrified glad to know that there's a free to play mobile remake out on Android now.

edit: another made for mobile remake of an old IP, Point Blank Adventures, is also out now.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 8, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Cutesy puzzle game Partyrs is out on Android. It's gotten a few good reviews on the iOS side.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Animal Crossing-esque adventure game Seabeard is now out for Android.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Tagichatn posted:

How is Seabeard's IAP?

Typical F2P dual currencies of coins/pearls. You can get a handful of each by logging in each day. There's also a starter bundle that also comes with an elf outfit for around $2.

There's also an interesting implementation of an energy system: when you travel between islands you can either choose to fast travel for free or play a minigame that takes up one energy but gets you some rewards.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How much like Animal Crossing is this? If my wife were to get this game, is there a lot of interactivity between other players?

From what little I can gather you can visit their island, post messages on their bulletin board and swap items. You have to connect through Facebook I believe though, and doesn't become available until a bit into the game.

I'm still very early in but compared to Animal Crossing there's very clear cut objectives to complete, and I've spent most of my time so far island hopping to recruit people and fix up a few things in my village. Aurally and visually its super derivative though.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What about the npcs? I take it there probably isn't a vast number of them who come and go and can be befriended?

That would sell the game even more to me, but hey, I've downloaded it, checking it out now. Is there any way to connect with people other that Facebook? I have no problem with using that, but it'd be nice to be able to add non-FB friends, too.

I just unlocked the friends feature and it looks like FB is the only option, sorry. All the NPCs I've come across so far are only there to give me quests.

wall monitor posted:

What should I be saving my premium currency for on Seabeard?

I've seen a few guides suggest inventory upgrades. Or you can get a pet.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 13, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Sleep Furiously is a new word game that has you combining words to form sentences like those fridge magnet poem things. It looks fairly interesting.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

New Leaf posted:

Seabeard question - do you ever get a way to offload outfits? I have 4 outfit pieces sitting in my backpack taking up a ton of real estate not knowing they wouldn't disappear into some sort of wardrobe. Have I just not unlocked it yet?

Eventually you have the chance to build a warehouse where you can store items.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Snake Rewind, an updated take on Snake from the programmer of the original Nokia game is out on the Play Store.

Knights of Pen and Paper 2 is also out. There's a different developer behind this installment, and apart from a graphical upgrade it seems it might be a bit more of the same.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:46 on May 14, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
True Skate is on sale for 99 cents. Its been out for a long time but is probably still the best skateboarding game on Android.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's a new Mobile Humble Bundle out, this time consisting entirely of hidden object games by developer Artifex Mundi. The games this round are:

Deadly Puzzles
Time Mysteries 1
Clockwork Tales
Demon Hunter (beat the average)
Grim Legends (beat the average)
Time Mysteries 3 (beat the average)
Time Mysteries 2 (beat the average)
Grim Legends 2 (pay $9 or more)
Enigmatis 2 (pay $9 or more)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I should point out though that unfortunately you'll rarely find any free giveaways on the Play Store itself because Google apparently doesn't allow publishers to temporarily set their apps to free, which is odd since Play does this all the time with movies and music.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Mehuyael posted:

You lucky goons and your surveys and free money. I'm not sure why but the app isn't available for me.

The app is only available for a small handful of countries, namely the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Germany, Italy, Japan and the Netherlands.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A bunch of sites are reporting that the sequel to 10000000, You Must Build a Boat, will be out June 4 so mark your Google Calendars.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Anyone hankering for some SkiFree action on their phone should check out Skiing Yeti Mountain. Its pretty fun, though I haven't seen any yetis yet.

The game is free, with a no-ads IAP that also helps the Nepal earthquake relief effort.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on May 21, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For everyone wishing that they could play a Star Trek match 3 game: Star Trek - Wrath of Gems (from the same folks who brought you that Forrest Gump endless runner).

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Tomb Raider flavored endless runner Lara Croft: Relic Run is out on the Play Store.

edit: it runs like garbage.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:57 on May 25, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Morter posted:

Does anyone offhand know how to transfer saves between phones for Hungry Cat Picross? I tried signing up on the Tuesday Quest forums to ask but I have to wait for my account to be approved, so I'll ask here in the meantime. :(

I've used Helium for a long time to back up and transfer saves between devices, and I've had very few issues with it during that time. You don't need root but you do have to connect your phone(s) via USB to a PC program to enable it.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 26, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I had gotten a few back up failures when I first started using it but I haven't gotten any in a long time now. The app still has its quirks, like not being able to estimate the size of the back up, which for some games I found out can be well over a hundred MBs (most are less than 10MBs though).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:33 on May 26, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Segmentation Fault posted:

Can't wait to act surprised when Roller Coaster Tycoon World gets announced for mobile and pisses on Chris Sawyer's design

Won't be the first time.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Quite good Metroidvania type game Traps and Gemstones is on sale for 99 cents.

edit: both Sproggiwood and Desktop Dungeons are up on the Play Store.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 28, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The English version of Square's Chaos Rings 3 is also out today.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

New Leaf posted:

I'm assuming Sproggiwood carries over between devices? I'd play it primarily on my tablet at home, but if I wanted to play around on my phone from work I could, right?

Unless I'm missing something there doesn't seem to be any Play Games or any other cloud save support unfortunately.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
First person puzzle game The Talos Principle is available for Android as long as you're running a device with a Tegra K1 or X1 chipset on board (Nexus 9, Shield).

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 29, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone that enjoyed that Kung Fury short that hit the internet today, you can grab the video game on the Play Store right now.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Sproggiwood question: does tinkering around with your village have any impact on your game? Like is there any benefit to building extra houses etc?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
New Humble Mobile Bundle out. The initial games this time are:

Timelines: Assault on America
The Ministry of Silly Walks
Hellraid: The Escape
Puzzle Retreat (beat the average)
Worms 3 (beat the average)
Twisty Hollow (beat the average)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I saw this game called Max Ammo on the trending charts and decided to check it out. It's a cover shooter with simplified tap and shoot controls and cartoony graphics, kind of a bit like Major Mayhem from a top down perspective. It seems pretty fun so far.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jun 3, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Brasseye posted:

Another cool looking game not available in europe :(

Its probably in soft launch; it does have a curiously low number of downloads.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
I'm still waiting to build a boat :(

Anyway, Hitman: Sniper, from the same studio that brought us Hitman GO, is out on the Play Store. In stark comparison to GO, it's pretty much a mobile version of Hitman: Sniper Challenge on PC.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 4, 2015

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
You Must Build A Boat is up on the Play Store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

WebDO posted:

So way back when there was talk of having a 10000000 save giving you something in YMBAB, is that a thing still?

I just reinstalled 10000000 and restored a completed save and it looks like it doesn't do anything. I didn't poke around much though.