Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Maybe teetering too far away from games as entertainment, but what about games that educate? Music, history, language, whatever. Are there any really good educational apps that format the content in an enjoyable way (like a game)? I'm asking for myself, though I expect much of the edutainment apps are focused toward children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Pixel Dungeon or one of it's many open source clones (shattered pixel dungeon is recommended in this thread, but I haven't played it)
Tiny Rouge

I'm enjoying dying on level 3 every time in Pixel Dungeon.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Goo? He's a good bench mark for the game difficulty. You used to be able to kite him, but I think they patched that out.

No, just regular damage and health attrition.

In consistently terrible at these sorts of games. Those crab guys usually whoop my rear end.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Galaxy Trucker is a game where you race against your opponents to build the biggest, baddest, space ship in the galaxy, then pit yourself against a series of dice rolls that will rape you bloody no matter how well prepared you are.

It has charming graphics.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
If I don't want to download them now, I'll still always have the chance as long as they're listed in my Amazon App Cloud, right?

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Yeah but the poster isn't likely to check their own link again to see if it works, so how else would they know it was busted?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
What kind of controller do you recommend for it?