Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Longbaugh01 posted:

If you have a computer, get City Skylines.

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Whoops.

Wish those games were on sale here, definitely not a US sale.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Motorsport Manager is 30 cents. Finally, a use for my 44 cents of play credit!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mehuyael posted:

Ah, didn't realized redeemed meant that in this case. Alright, sorry.

....What else does that word mean to you?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mehuyael posted:

I'm sorry, I was confused, for some reason I figured when you "redeem" something that's what you get. My English isn't the best.

Ah fair enough, I could see that mistake with English as a second language.

Has anyone else been playing that Marvel Future Fight game? It's pretty good, and I don't play it a LOT but I don't seem to run out of energy and stuff, the microtransactions aren't too bad.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

The Aguamoose posted:

Can anyone recommend a good game where you build a village/town/building/whatever? Not something like clash of clans, but something where the building part is the point. I don't mind what kind of style it is, cute or serious, as long as it's not too hard or grindy and I can enjoy making something satisfying or aesthetically pleasing. I don't mind paying, I'd rather that than a freeware game with ridiculous microtransactions. I can't find much along those lines, except Kairosoft games, and I have no idea which of those are any good (I have game Dev story).

If you enjoy the kairosoft style check out Fiz, you build a brewery and grow it and upgrade stuff, hire new employees, etc. It's fun and much better designed than most kairosoft games.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
drat my recent dearth of surveys has left me with only 2.59 in credit. I really wish they'd allow you to cover the remainder on a card or add any amount to your google play balance. Oh well, it's only $3.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Fallout Shelter; a gooncave management sim has just been released on iOS and will be released on android too, most likely before the release of Fallout 4. Probably within a month.

e: also the first reviews seem to indicate the game is free and the only IAPs are to increase drop rates for rare loots. Hopefully not a timer game.

They said the only thing you can buy is more lunch boxes for rare loot drops but there's no timers and energy and poo poo. They wanted a game they'd enjoy.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Potsticker posted:

MinuteDungeon Trip Report: Imagine MinuteQuest, but now instead if just holding a direction you constantly have to tap a third button to switch the plane you're moving on Fatal Fury style, plus there are trap spaces you have to avoid by moving back and forth until they fade and you can pass safely. Oh, and you can only have four weapons and four armor on you at any one time-- and you can have/get duplicates.

I really can't see putting too much more time into it.

I deleted it 5 minutes in. The last thing MinuteQuest needed was more complex mechanics.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Interesting concept, for a buck why not?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
IEVA will protect against some radiation at least. I think that's what the game is trying to steer you towards, thinking outside the box.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

Two hours.

Also the refund window starts once the game is installed on your device from the Play Store. This means that any time spent on additional downloads from within the game itself counts as part of the 2 hour grace period.

If a game uses a built in downloader its probably poo poo since they could use the play store to host the files too.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

*Sigh* And I miss the old school id Software RPGs

What? Were Commander Keen and Wolfenstein RPGS and I completely missed something?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I woke up to one this morning with two pictures of bouquets, asking me to count the number of dahlias. I had to look up what a dahlia looked like, and even then both pictures were angled similarly so it was hard to count them well. What the hell was the point of that survey?

I had one with a weird picture of an overweight unattractive person's selfie and it asked if I could see the glasses.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

coyo7e posted:

^^^ Wow, that looks like a super blatant Prison Architect ripoff! :laugh:

It's not really, but it is really really bad. Not nearly as complex as Prison Architect and you play one guy.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

Into the Void is a Homeworldy-looking spacefleet strategy RPG that hit the Play Store today. It looks quite cool.

edit: Lara Croft GO, the Hitman GO-inspired Tomb Raider game is also out now. Having had a quick play, the game looks loving amazing and it also has a real Monument Valley kind of vibe in terms of look and puzzles, but more challenging and with an actual chance of failure. I'm also glad to see the game hasn't completely abandoned the Hitman GO type puzzles either:

Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?

edit2: Critically acclaimed comic panel swapping puzzle game Framed is also out now.

Still working my way through Hitman Sniper, which is a blast, so I'm gonna wait on Lara Croft GO. But Framed is really good, especially for that price.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ragingsheep posted:

Seems incredibly buggy on my s6. It often just freezes meaning I have to exit the game then restart the level.

Samsunged again! Runs flawlessly on a Droid Turbo on 5.1.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I can't verify it doesn't need an internet connection but there's always Knights of the Old Republic.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
The Silent Age and The Room are both good interactive puzzle-y games.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, first episode's free too.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

O__O posted:

I tried it and have found no way to turn of notifications so no thank you

Long press a notification and disable them.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Drone posted:

Fiz is quite good with no microtransactions. Pay once and you've got the entire thing.

Fiz is amazing and I personally found it much better than Kairosoft games in just about every way.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Guys did you know that this marketing initiative contains ads????

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Zotix posted:

There's a star wars galaxy of heroes thread now. It needs more people chatting in it.

Don't bother to link it or anything.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

More sales: Framed and Monument Valley are 99 cents, Riptide 2 is 50 cents, This War of Mine is $4.50, down from $15.

Framed was an absolute blast.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

allsizesfitone posted:

We're never getting another Kairosoft game, are we? I tried so hard to like Fiz, but it's not the same.

Yeah, Fiz is actually a competent, well-designed game.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Monument Valley is very good. A bit short but still very much worth the money. Including the expansion.

Seconding this recommendation.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone linked Nonstop Knight yet? Pretty neat take on the incremental/Tap Titans formula.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

poo poo like that is why I installed a task manager app. Not that that's any excuse for never turning off automatically.

Task managers are for idiots. If you have a random misbehaving app uninstall it or close it manually. Task managers will hurt your battery life and performance.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Apps like greenify just shut off all your background processes, rendering your smart phone a dumb phone when not in use. You could charge your phone at home like a normal person, or install lovely apps that disable built in features to save a little battery.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

the auschwitz diet posted:

If anyone liked Egg, Inc or was looking for other actually good idle games that don't involve a retarded amount of tapping I can recommend Abyssrium. It's a pretty simple adcap-esque aquarium themed incremental without any particularly interesting mechanics aside from social integration nonsense but it's really beautiful and atmospheric. Fell asleep last night listening to the music. Actual offline progression, collect pretty fish and take pictures of them. :3:

Awesome, I hit a giant wall in Egg, Inc and could use a new game. You weren't kidding about atmosphere.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Animation Throwdown: TQFC is out now. Decent card game with deck building, but energy meters and premium currencies. Worth a look but not going to rival hearthstone. Sorry if this has been posted, I just got the alert today.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

I really really really want to keep playing Animation Throwdown, but they make it so hard to love.

The actual GAME is pretty good and the fanservice (it's all fanservice) is great.

Drop rates are RIDICULOUSLY low. IAP are RIDICULOUSLY overpriced. Arena stamina regeneration is RIDICULOUSLY low.

I wasn't paying attention and I spent :10bux: on gems, thinking that it would get me a bunch of cards from their weekly special. Nope. I spent the money to get one card (which turned out to be solid, but could have been lovely) and enough leftover gems to do next to nothing else.

Of course, I could always just spend $30 to get one random legendary card that would likely not be a Bob's Burger card like I would want it to be. At least I can watch 3 ads to increase my drop odds... Although, I've never actually gotten a drop doing it this way, so I don't think it actually works. It only seems to work for one drop chance, too, so it's three ads between every battle to get what must be an incredibly marginal drop rate increase. It's definitely not explained well.

ALL I WANT TO DO IS COMBINE GENE AND TEDDY WITH CAT ANUSES AND FOOD TRUCKS.

It sucks that these sort of things almost never change for the better.

Yeah if they made it not less of a freemium game it could be REALLY solid. Like you said, the gameplay is really solid, and rounds are super quick. I've got two purple cards (Roger and Roger's Closet) which are pretty powerful, and one blue, and haven't spent a dime, but I have been playing for about a week or two. The card upgrading mechanics are pretty original and the combinations are pretty interesting, too.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Knifegrab posted:

Skyforce reloaded is pretty great. There's gotta be a catch, whats the catch?

It's super grindy and repetitive. Great mechanics, and very well made, but I hope you like playing levels over and over

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

This looks cool at a glance... but then I started digging.

1. Requires access to phone and files (per the comments, to allow you to take phone calls during play yet ... I'm pretty positive I have other games that didn't ask for that and yet I still get calls mid game)
2. Copy and pasted review feedback on almost every post.

3. Somehow incompatible with all my devices (though this might be a private beta thing?)

If you're in the US, it says it's not available here.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Chinook posted:

After getting pretty addicted to Sherlock, which was mentioned recently in the thread, I've been looking for more good logic games. I did find Honeycomb Hotel, also made by Everett Kaser, but I'm curious if anyone has any other suggestions.

Something with programming logic would be cool, I think. Except Spacechem is way too much to try to display on a phone, from what I remember.

I've always liked puzzle games and that Sherlock game never got recommended by Google Play, so I'm just hoping that I'll get another great suggestion here, since Google Play has failed me. :)

Human Resource Machine is programming puzzles, and pretty great

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

binge crotching posted:

Does the humble bundle still require you to download the apk and manually install them?

There's a humble bundle app that removes some of the pain of this process

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Phrosphor posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.theelderscrollslegends

The Elder Scolls Legends has just soft launched, it looks like Bethesda's attempt to cash in on the Hearthston, Gwent situation. Downloading it now to check out.

This game has been in development for years, it isn't some quick cash grab.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

Framed 2 is now out for Android.

And it's only $1.99, definitely worth a buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I too have experienced a few crashes in about an hour. What I did play, I really enjoyed. Feels like Cities Skyline lite