Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Ragequit posted:

I am about to head on a road trip - are there any good kid-friendly games that have come out in the last year for Android? I am looking at something playable for kids 6 and under. The games will be running on a 1st gen Google Nexus tablet.

In addition to the Toca games mentioned above, the Endless series of games are fun and educational, Thinkrolls and Thinkrolls 2, and some of the PBS Kids games depending on what they like. My daughter enjoys Fruit Ninja too.

edit: the Endless series games are not cheap to unlock though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Meatwave posted:

Regarding kids games, if you like Toca Boca games look for Sago Mini. Both have some free non-demo games in the Amazon Underground app store, and both tend to offer a free full version once a month or so in the Play store.

I suggest Sago Mini Space Explorer:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sagosago.SpaceExplorer.googleplay

Because every kids game should have a few hidden fart jokes.

It's free on Amazon Underground, I think. Sago Mini and Toca Boca have the same owners now. It's a toy company that is trying to bring back Meccano sets (Erector Sets) into popularity.

I almost recommended Space Explorer, but there's really not much to it. It gets old pretty quick. A two or three year old might enjoy it for a little while, but a kid pushing six probably wouldn't.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

It takes ten seconds per question :confused:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Unless they changed when they changed their app store, Amazon apps are always at least 1 version behind, and frequently 2 or more.

Hearthstone is the same version in both app stores (5.2.13557).

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Is there an easy way to see when your Google credit expires? I tried looking at Google Wallet, but it just had the total, not the expiration date.

I don't remember if there is a way to see the actual date, but it expires a year from the last time you last received credit. If you're doing surveys occasionally, you're fine.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Markovnikov posted:

Anyone know why this is? I got some free amazon credit and bought the Banner Saga on their store, but it has a lovely bug that got fixed in later versions. I mean, it was free credit so no big loss, but it's annoying.

If I remember correctly, Amazon has to approve all app updates, while the Play Store does not.

edit: and sometimes devs just abandon their apps on the Amazon store

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

ModeSix posted:

Why not a bag of dicks?

That's too many. Be realistic.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

Oh Sir! The Insult SImulator is a new word game where you build insults and hurl them against an opponent like a fighting game. It's actually kind of impressive; everything is voice acted and some of the sentences you come up with can actually be pretty spectacular.

Can I tell someone they fight like a cow?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Paper Kaiju posted:

What are peoples opinions on the best GBA emulator in the Play Store?

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Android

My Boy seems to be the preferred app, and has a free version you could try before you buy it.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Amazon Underground has many decent free kids games, including many Dr Panda games.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I don't even hate Family Guy the way so many people do these days, but that just seems like a really pathetic cash grab, right?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Hmm, I'm not seeing the sequel on the Play Store.

Shows up as not available on my device, so maybe it's not available in America or something.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paradoxplaza.kopp2

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Drunk Tomato posted:

If any of you ever liked playing the old Escape Velocity game on Macintosh, I am playing a pretty great android clone called SpaceRPG3. Give it a try, it's almost indistinguishable.

I thought you meant Terminal Velocity and got excited. Is there a TV / Descent type game on Android?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

hooah posted:

You're in luck, friend! I got this on my work S7 and it runs pretty well. The controls are perhaps a bit awkward.

The graphics sure looked better in my memory :sigh:

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Uninstall and reinstall. Do the tutorial survey again

You'd have to tie it to a different Google account.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

The game's pretty great, though even at level 10 I'm still getting my rear end beat by the first proper dragon boss, so it looks like there's a bit of grinding involved.

I'm level 15 and the game told me to go level up some more before I could even get to the first dragon boss.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Relentless posted:

The dark side of Google Play gets weeeeeird.

For your consideration, I present BEEFWAR

Cool, a non-working video and a chart of cuts of beef. That tells me everything I need to know.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Montalvo posted:

Monument Valley 2 is remarkably gorgeous.

I'm not that far into it, but I feel like they went a little too heavy on the story and don't focus on the puzzles enough. Too many cutscenes and point-a-to-point-b areas. Maybe it gets better though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

delfin posted:

Playing PUBG now on my phone and, having never played the PC version, I have little idea of what I'm doing but it is loving great.

Canadians will find it easier to get ahold of it.

Get guns. Get ammo. Get a backpack ASAP. Get a helmet and body armor. Stay inside the white circle. Kill EVERYONE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Holy poo poo, a mobile game by EA? I cannot imagine how batshit insane their freemium model is going to be.

EA already has lots of mobile games. Simpsons Tapped Out and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, to name a couple.