Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is Sim City not good? Is Megapolis not good?

I'm ashamed to admit I got on OK with Dungeon Keeper for a month or two before the counters all got ridiculous, is it the same sort of problem?

Sim city is terrible, not as bad as Dungeon keeper but similar trappings. Not played megapolis but going by reviews it's not much different.

Mega Comrade fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is it actually fairly good for emulation?

Raspberry Pi 2 is a fantastic little toy and a steal at the price for all the things it can do.

I use mine as a media center and game emulator. I have 2 xbox360 pads plugged into it for controllers.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Valle posted:

How does it deal with MAME?

Not well. Mame is a different beast and the extra cores of the pi2 don't help run it right.

Anything up to N64 is fine though. With N64 it depends on the game but I hear a little overclocking smooths things out nicely.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Just beat 1000000 (or whatever number of 0s go there). It's a solid game. You never feel like you're really grinding and it does a great job of making sure that every run through the dungeon gives you some sense of progress. Definitely worth the money.

Yeah its a great game, looking forward to the sequel.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

gromdul posted:

The permissions of Pocket Mine 2 are ridiculous. Why are you so excited about this spyware with IAP?

Why the gently caress does this game need to know my browsing history, location, what calls I am making, or which apps I am running?

Targeted ads I assume. Permission control is the only reason I still root.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

gromdul posted:

Can you modify the permissions if you are rooted? I rooted my phone so I could record video screen captures. Care to point me in a direction of how to tweek them?

Either cyanogenmod who have it built in or xprivacy, a xposed module.

It did seem Google might be adding permission controls in 'm' though if rumours are true.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Sega have removed After Burner Climax, Jet Set Radio, and Super Monkey Ball 2 from the store so unless you already have them downloaded, tough. They 'may' return but you can bet it will be a new version so lucky you gets to buy them all a second time.

Between this and never updating their games (they haven't updated any to my knowledge to work with lollipop) I honestly can't recommend any one buy any Sega games on android.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

mrkillboy posted:

Along with Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasies 3 to 6 are also on sale this week, as well as Secret of Mana and Dragon Quest 8.

Do any of those work on Lollipop yet?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Veib posted:

Final Fantasy 1-6 and Secret of Mana all work, don't know about Tactics or any Dragon Quest games beyond 1 which does work.

Really? FF6 description claims it still doesn't support Art.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Veib posted:

I played it from start to finish on a Nexus 5 running 5.1 (or maybe even 5.1.1 by that point, I'm not sure) a few months ago. They don't appear to update the descriptions very often, Chrono Trigger said it was updated to work on "the latest version of Android" for like six months after it stopped working on Lollipop (it has since been patched and now works as well).

I really wish google would implement some kind of icon that shows version compatibility, one for controller support would be neat to while they are at it. Of course that would mean attempting to make the store not garbage, something google seems to have no intention of doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

GB_Sign posted:

I got 1 survey this morning, my first in a few weeks. Guessing most of the people getting a lot of surveys are in larger US markets?

I'm in the UK but my student Campus has a starbucks on it, I at least get one a day. I also get one every time I do my weekly shop. Certain shops etc seem guaranteed to give you one.

It's been handy for buying Hearthstone packs.