Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

What does this warcraft game play like exactly? Is it a turn based gatcha RPG thing a la Galaxy of Heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CuddleCryptid posted:

If you have played Clash Royale it's essentially that, it's a lane based autobattler where you drop units into lanes and try and use them to blow up enemy towers. It's better that CR in the sense that it has more map variety and the PVP is secondary to pretty good PVE with a lot of map gimmicks.

Oh eh, not really interested in another CR. Thanks!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mobile port of Shapez is out now, seems like a good port. Free to try with a $4.50 iap for the full version

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CuddleCryptid posted:

This seems pretty fun after playing it for a bit, but if you've played it before them could you comment whether you should be tearing down and rebuilding pathways as new shapes are needed, or will you need the same shape later on? I know there is an upgrade system that needs more basic squares but I have been reconfiguring lines each time.

The one thing I don't like is that when you click a spot to build a conveyor belt around a mining point it prefers to path through the miner rather than around it, which causes problems.

Tearing down/building doesn't cost anything so I found myself rebuilding pathways quite a bit to suit my needs or optimize as I went along. You will likely need the same shapes later on in a lot of cases so tearing down and redirecting elsewhere is always a possibility. It's been about 3 years since I've played it though so I'm a bit fuzzy on the details.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Controls feel wonky for me in Shapez, like moving the camera around while building a belt kind of sucks. Also there's some weird thing going on where I can't build around the hub. Looking forward to getting into it but I might have to wait for an update.

Edit: or idk the conveyor building in general seems real hosed for me. Taps don't always register depending on where I'm tapping and sometimes it makes the conveyor build go crazy.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Dec 6, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I think it was legitimately bugged for me, I cleared the app cache and it seems to be fine now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

drat, that sucks :(

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CuddleCryptid posted:

Well, I had fun while it lasted, maybe in a few patches it'll get fixed. I'm glad to hear I am not the only one having this issue, which means a patch will probably happen soon. Since that one fell apart, does anyone have any recommendations for a game like it?

I had fun with Drill Down as a mobile factory game. It's a slow start but once you get rolling it scratches that itch for me. It's got z-levels as a mechanic that doesn't open up for a bit but it sorta blows it wide open at that point in a pretty satisfying way.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

CuddleCryptid posted:

^^^ cool, I'll give it a shot
E. Lol it doesn't work because it was made for an older version of android and therefore you can't even install it. Gj android

Fuckin... ugh. :sigh:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I picked up XCOM 2 on a lark and drat this is a really good port. Lots of great touchscreen changes to the UI to make it more palatable on a phone without changing a thing about the actual gameplay from the full version.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hope they fixed the weird placement issue I kept having. Like there were quadrants of the screen that I just couldn't drag anything to without trying it a bunch of times. They said it was a known issue when I sent them a chat thing about it. Game's just got some weird controls in general but it looks like they're at least attempting to fix the big issues which is good to see.

Edit: Oh, the latest update with the save fix was before I played last so i think my thing is still messed up :v:

explosivo fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Dec 29, 2023

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The android port of StS kinda sucks though

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

teethgrinder posted:

Have you tried it recently? After being neglected for over a year it got a bunch of updates that I think have got it in a good place finally. Blew my mind that even the cloud sync is fast now.

But some people do seem to have issues with specific models/OS updates.

CaptainBeefart posted:

I installed it again last night and it's very annoying trying to deselect and select another card.

It may have been 6 months or so since I've played but this is what always bothered me the most about it. The controls just never felt as precise as they should be and I'd accidentally play cards or skip cards or things like that because of it. I also find the UI too shrunken down to play on the phone, like cards were always kinda hard to read.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

BoldFace posted:

Have not yet had time to try it, but apparently sequel to Buriedbornes was released today. Also out on Steam.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Nussygame.bbrpg2

Came here to post this. :woop:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Xcom 2 works fine for me on Android 14 :shrug:

But the answer to your question is Templar Battleforce

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's not that hard to find a bigger list of top paid games on the app store, just go to the 'top charts' tab, change the dropdown from 'Top Free' to 'Top Paid', and if you only want to see new releases check the 'New' toggle. Unless "premium games" means something other than apps you pay for up front. That said, most of the things in this list are still abject garbage, but occasionally I'll find a diamond in the rough. I basically never use the carousels up front because those are as you said extremely outdated most of the time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Cool, Loop Hero is coming to android. I kinda hit and quit this game fairly quickly when it came out but did like it a lot and I think it'll be great on phones.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I bought the Dune: Imperium board game adaptation and it seems real good so far. I've never played the game before but the tutorial has done a good job explaining the rules and walking you through it. Plus all the artwork is (roughly) based on the new movies which is great for me since I only know Dune through those movies. It's a bit pricey, think it was $12, but it's a very high quality mobile board game adaptation with no iap's or ads so hell yeah I'll pay for that.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shwqa posted:

My current idle fix is idle iktah I'm only two days into it but so far has a really good growth curve and I always feel like I got like 10 things to do. Just make sure you use 4 bags at once. I thought I was stuck with one, so I thought 30 items was max when it was actually 60.

Ooh drat this looks great.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Shwqa posted:

Slice and dice 3.0 came out today. It's time to get slicing and possibly even dicing.

And it has a loving portrait mode :hellyeah:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Android, iOS, and Steam, yes

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Just one game before bed

TWO HOURS LATER

"Ah god my fuckin arms hurt also it's 2am"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had many of the same issues with STS on android, so many cards played that I didn't intend to because the game thought I was trying to play something when I just wanted to get a closer look at the card. I stopped playing it because it was too frustrating to have a run go to poo poo because it wasn't clear if you were going to examine a card or play it. Felt like a pretty lovely port imo because the whole game was just shrunk down with no real changes to the UI or font so on top of the card issues I was doing a lot of squinting to read stuff (which led to the aforementioned accidental playing of cards that I needed to get a closer look at)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Suika Game on Android! Good price and no ads or microtransactions.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Loop Hero is out. Free to download, like $7 to unlock the full version. I was hoping for portrait mode but no dice.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah it's definitely not a super deep game, I enjoyed it back when it came out but didn't go nuts with it so I think there's a lot I haven't seen yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well I certainly didn't expect to enjoy it but royal match is pretty good. I also sent an invite to the team, same name as here.