Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Blink runes jump you backwards, which can dodge projectiles or get you out of melee. Still kinda useless. Save any junk runes for after your second meditation. At that point you open up the crafting altar which lets you grind down runes and recombine them into new ones.

Awesome. I was hoping there'd be something to spend these on, I usually end up mashing on all of them during a hard Raid just to power up and get rid of em all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Any suggestions for spell builds in Tap Wizard? I can't seem to put out any single target damage whatsoever. I can blow through a zone with shocks nets and poo poo, but I'll stall at the boss (usually trolls), seeming to not even move their health bar.

I think this means you just have to recall and get a little bit more powerful until you can beat the thing. I actually haven't found any builds, I think because there's so many factors in what would be best to use at any given time. I usually pick the first spell that I really want to level up, then read the bonuses it gives and try to pick ones that benefit from those bonuses. If there are none, move onto spell 2 and do the same thing.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mrkillboy posted:

There's a new Pokemon action RPG coming to mobile in late June, though if you have a Switch you can get it right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0AEUmgGHRE

Been playing this on switch, I am actually enjoying it quite a bit but it'll make so much more sense on a phone. I hope there's a way to transfer progress but that seems unlikely as gently caress so I'm trying not to get too into it on switch.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Has this been more optimized for mobile?

I suppose I could just go try it again myself.

I'm also curious about this. I love me some OpenTTD but it's a very interface driven game that I feel like wouldn't translate well to a phone/tablet.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

JeffT417 posted:

Pokemon quest is dumb and good. As with typical Nintendo, it is immaculately polished.

I played this a bunch on Switch, I'm bummed to say there doesn't appear to be a way to link accounts. I progressed pretty far there before realizing this would be much better suited to have on a cellphone. My only concern when I played on switch is there doesn't seem to be much to the "end game" unless some poo poo opens up after beating all the islands. After a week or so without putting any money into it I had a team of level 70 guys and there was only a handful of levels I couldn't beat that had ridiculously high recommended power. I guess like most Pokemon games the "end game" is just to catch em all?

Edit: I do notice a Data Backup option.. I don't think this was on the Switch version but I'll have to check. I'd love to get that progress back!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 27, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Morpheus posted:

There's a Transfer Data button in the app - does that only work for phone data?

Looks like it's phones only, there's no transfer option on the switch version. :smith:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone here playing Idle Apocalypse? I'm kind of digging the change in mechanics where you have producers, converters, and monster spawners and having to manage the resources between those floors. I'm looking for general tips if anyone's got em, I'm on my third run right now and from the sound of it I don't necessarily want to be restarting too often since that won't give me many souls to spend.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm gonna stick around for another month and see if there is an adjustment. The player base seems unitedly pissed and a couple of the big spenders have been vocal about it being bad.

Edit: I forgot netmarble told the playerbase character reworks and boosts would come for older or underpowered characters and then locked those behind a $20 paywall. Lol

If this is anything like Marvel Strike Force those vocal whales will continue to whale it up, further justifying their reasoning for the change.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been playing Almost a Hero this weekend and this may be my new obsession for the near future. Seems like a fun enough tapper/idler with some ads for bonuses but nothing super intrusive. It's actually refreshing only having a party of 5 so you're not scrolling through a gigantic list of dudes like in Tap Titans.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tsietisin posted:

I've been playing for the best part of a month. I'm really enjoying it. Not needed to pay for gems and still managed to get quite a distance.

Now I need to find the right build to push past 550.

I am kind of struggling with builds right now, a lot of the guides I've found are confusing to follow along with or seem maybe outdated? I'm still pushing for 140 right now so it's not a huge concern but I assume pretty soon it'll get more necessary to focus on one particular path with everyone. I did buy the starter pack for $4 which got me some nice runes (got bounce and the one that makes enemies weak when hit by lightning which is a good combo).

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Tsietisin posted:

After that use Vexx. Her skill at the top left allows for an 80% discount on upgrading her. Is possible you may need to craft an artifact that lowers ability skill level requirement to use it early game.

Okay THIS is what I was looking for. All the stuff I've been reading was talking about first leveling some of these skills that you can't get until you reach level 11 or 12 and I just didn't understand how without first dumping a bunch of points into other stuff. This is good to know, I'll be on the lookout for one of those artifacts. I have 13 slots opened up right now, those slots are all I've been using gems on so that's good to hear you say it too.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

After a couple days (and a lot of progress) with Almost a Hero I'm beginning to realize the "endgame" here is doing runs at 100x speed over and over again to grind out progress and I'm not sure how I feel about it. Problem is after unlocking and buffing the speed up item, playing the game is no longer really a passive experience. When it's going full speed you're constantly upgrading and allocating skills and everything's happening so fast that I feel like I need to devote my full attention to it for the duration of the item. It's only like ~2.5 minutes of time, but it's a really hectic 2.5 minutes.

I'm not complaining that you have to grind out progress in a clicker game, it's more that the way you level people up in the game doesn't seem really well suited for how quickly it moves when speeding it up like this. Having to click and hold on the button to put enough points in so they level up, and then having to click on that person again to allocate the skill point just gets tedious when you have to do it over and over again. I think there might be an item that you can get that does this stuff automatically though? I'm not positive but that would probably help if all I have to do is allocate skill points.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ItsNotAGirlName posted:

There is, when you start unlocking Mythical Runes you can roll the Lazy Finger rune that auto levels your party, leveling the rune increases how long it stays active. Makes things much easier.

Oh thank god.

Montalvo posted:

Is there a good rule of thumb for when to prestige in a run of Almost a Hero?

Depends, if you're on a roll and want to try to push, keep going until your dudes can't stay alive. Push for rewards if you see one come up you really want, and prestige once you're totally out of gas. Or you can get to about 90% of your max level when things start slowing down and prestige to restart quicker and rinse/repeat to grind mythstones. I looked up some guides for parties revolving around Lenny which helped give me some direction. Not sure where you're at in the game but once you get a 100k mythstone run and can upgrade almost all of your runes things get exponentially faster at that point. Right now if I'm actively playing and using the speed up items I'm doing quick ~30 minute runs that get me to around level 400 and net me a couple million mythstones.

Edit: This is the cheatsheet I've been using for builds right now. I have no idea if this is up to date or accurate at all anymore but it's been good for me so far :shrug:

explosivo fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 13, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Montalvo posted:

Thanks for the information. I'm still really early in the game (I think this is going to be my 4th prestige or so) and I've only just made it to the upper 70s in terms of levels. I'm using gems to unlock artifact slots as per the advice in the thread, but other than that I'm not really thinking too much about hero builds since I haven't even unlocked all of them / get to their max levels.

Yeah you're good for a while just using who you have. As long as you're unlocking the artifact slots and crafting new artifacts you're doing good. The ball really gets going once you get your first 100k prestige and can repeatedly re-roll mythstones to get them to 15k. A thing to know that I didn't for the longest time, you don't *have* to use what the reroll gives you. If it rerolls into something worse you can tap the original one to keep it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there anyone better than me at AAH who can tell me what it means when I see people talking about solo builds like Solo Vexx? Is there some benefit to putting only one person on a team for as long as possible that I don't know about or something?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

So do you just stop leveling the other dudes you bring in once you have the skills you want for them and focus entirely on your damage dealer? The way I've been playing is evenly allocating XP across everybody, basically leveling each person one at a time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rastor posted:

F2P games companies used to reach out to their biggest whales to offer them a meet&greet tour of the corporate headquarters but they kept encountering the scenario where the whale couldn't afford the trip because of being tens of thousands of dollars in credit card debt and I don't think any of them has offered something like that in a long time

Pretty sure the top whale for Marvel: Strike Force did this a few months back and then went on Reddit to detail his journey. I know we all had a good laugh when we found out they didn't even comp them the plane tickets after spending what must have been easily tens of thousands of dollars on their shitass game.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

axelblaze posted:

I'm starting to feel the same way about Almost a Hero, though I'm at 525. It just gets annoying when you get to the point where your team is just constantly getting instantly wiped out over and prestiging doesn't even make you come close to getting another Mythical artifact. Still, I'll give it a few more times around at least.

That's about when I stopped playing AAH too. The experience wasn't passive enough at that point and I really had to actively play and attend to it when trying to speed through runs. And if I wasn't rushing through using the speed items it felt like I was wasting my time.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Anyone else playing this C&C Rivals? I feel so dirty playing it because I grew up on C&C and this game is a Clash Royale clone for the most part but it's actually kinda fun. I saw there's a bunch of clans with the word goon in it, do we have an alliance for this?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Edit: Alliance disbanded in favor of the one that already exists!

explosivo fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 10, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rastor posted:

you guys need to figure this out

also that's not how you spell Tiberian :mad:

Aw gently caress I didn't realize someone already posted about making one earlier. Also, I spelled it right in the app. I typo'd here. :downs:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I started playing Merchant last night on my phone after seeing it pop up on Steam this weekend and while initially I was thinking "this is it??" I eventually got kind of hooked and ended up staying up into the wee hours of the morning getting my guys leveled up. Are there any decent resources out there for this game as far as guides or tips on what to do/not do? There's an official Wiki but it's god awful.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I feel so fuckin' old that "Old School Runescape" isn't old enough for me.

I don't want none of them 3D graphics goddamnit :corsair:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm still playing Tap Wizard, it's very hands off and a game you can have running at your desk and interact with it once every now and then which I think is why I like it so much. It's pretty great, although I'm definitely in the backend of the game now and things have for sure slowed down.

I'm done with it now but I played Idle Apocalypse for a while there, it also has a nontraditional take on the tapping thing, only tapping in short bursts to charge your generator which then runs for a while before powering down. There's kind of a materials grind in that one where you produce mats to make creatures who get you advanced mats that you need to make advanced creatures, etc.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm late to the party I know, but in my quest to play all of the goddamn idlers/clickers I just picked up Egg, Inc for the first time and this game's pretty good! It seems simple enough so far but has been pretty fair doling out the premium currency. Is there anything I should consider paying for in this game? I saw the $5 upgrade for the silos to let you collect more while away but getting 2 hours from the two silos you can buy seems alright for now so I wasn't sure.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Been playing AdVenture Communist. It's a good one of those games if you want to play one of those games! Seems like it's not totally finished yet because there's an icon with a spaceship on it that says "Coming soon" so who knows when that's coming but I've been enjoying watching the numbers go up. Also it's got this guy:

Edit: I must say some of the "references" for characters in this game are very strange. And none of them really have much of anything to do with communism so I have no idea what they're doing in the game. I just like Megacop's shifty eyes.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 13, 2018

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

nessin posted:

Anyone have a favorite time killer tap game? I used to play Tap Titans 2 but I recently switched phones and when I loaded the my save via their account system it had lost all my pet progress and I don't particularly care enough to fight to retrieve it or build back up.

Been playing Adventure Communist lately, there's less to "do" than in TT2 (which is a weird thing to say) but the numbers do go up! Looks like they're still adding more too, there's a menu option with a spaceship on it that's greyed out with a "Coming soon" message. Alternatively, if you haven't played it yet Tap Wizard is a good one. There's less tapping then you would think going by the name but it's a fun little idler. I got bored with it in the late, late game because you're grinding foreeeeever for upgrades and it got too long in-between unlocks to keep me interested but I played it for a good bit there.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I always ignored Kingdom Rush because it was one of those games that I always saw advertised in other games and those games are usually bullshit. Is it just a tower defense game?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It says there's ads and IAP's in this $5 game, any idea what those entail? Not trying to nitpick but selling boosters and stuff like that in a game I already paid for seems kinda crappy.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

First rating, by user 'Jazz': 5 stars

"I haven't played it yet. In fact it's installing right now... I just can't wait to play it. If it's only half as good as the previous installments, it's still worth 5 stars!"

Jesus christ, you shouldn't be able to leave a review until you've played X amount of time. :psyduck:

It might be good, seeing as though all of the rest of them got so much love (I haven't played any of them, because up until right now, I was getting them confused with those awful F2P timer-based builder games. Am I thinking of King's Raid?) but don't loving rate it anything until you've played it. Goddamn, why is this so hard?

I saw this too, lol. I mean, we all know review scores on the play store are bullshit but yeah that's pretty lame.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Freezer posted:

I liked previous Kingdom Rush games but was really disappointed by the amount of IAP present, it almost felt like a F2P game. My frustration came from the feeling that some of the more difficult levels were designed to be beatable only if you shelled out for the IAP, which is in instant turnoff for me since it means skill or strategy probably can't solve the problem.

gently caress non-cosmetic IAPs in paid games, is what I'm saying.

This is kind of where I'm at. If I'm buying in from the start I don't want to also be given options to pay more money to make things go faster or unlock heroes. If it's possible to unlock these guys through regular gameplay and it's easy enough to ignore that's fine, but if they're either so impossibly difficult to unlock that you *have* to buy them or they just straight up can't be gotten without paying for then that loving sucks.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

inkmoth posted:

I apparently have some "Worms 2" (definitely not the old PC game I remember) game, and all the ads seem to be shilling for something called Tank Stars.

I don't have an answer to your question but did see an ad for this tank game yesterday and had to laugh because whoever made this game (and the ad for it) are clearly from like eastern Europe and the written dialogue between the two tanks was hilariously awful.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Seriously though with these reviews for Kingdom Rush Vengeance why are there so many people saying "Ironhide has done it again!" or something along those lines like they're copy/pasted from a script. I get that the extra purchasable poo poo in game isn't necessary to beat the game but it's still lovely to see.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

How much money did "Toon Blast" give to Ryan Reynolds to appear in a bunch of ads for their stupid game? I especially like the ads where they took out the parts where he talks so literally all there is are shots of Ryan Reynolds sitting around silently playing and smiling.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I wish there were cloud saves between devices with Star Traders. It's much better on a tablet but could see myself playing on my phone while not at home once I learn the UI a bit more.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Len posted:

I don't know anything about it but the game Suburbia is free right now. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.suburbiagame.suburbia&hl=en&rdid=com.suburbiagame.suburbia

It's a port of a boardgame and apparently people are angry it's free because "only kickstarter backers are supposed to get it free" even though it's free on a public app store :shrug:

I picked this up when it was free and it seems like a pretty interesting game but having no tutorial whatsoever combined with a zooming/scrolling issue that could force you to restart the game and no updates since like 2017 it seems pretty avoidable even for $free. I guess they might be working on a new version judging by some of the reviews but who knows.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Reiterpallasch posted:

What's the game's musical style like?

Percussive and violent. It's a great game but it's not like Rez as far as catchy music goes. Look up some videos on YouTube and you'll quickly get an idea.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Mehhh. I guess a new Tiny Tower is cool but I can't say I'm in love with the Lego theme.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Man, I downloaded Brawl Stars over the weekend and.. it's actually a lot of fun? Maybe it's just because I haven't lost a match yet but I'm having a real good time. Matches are short too so I can get one in while poopin' or play a bunch in bed before going to sleep. I remember feeling this way about Clash Royale before making it to the tiers where clearly everyone bought everything and getting my rear end beat repeatedly so I'm sure I'll reach that point here eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Vulpes posted:

It's fun but it gets very repetitive, and it has that frustrating paper-rock-scissors element where sometimes you just get mega-hosed and there's nothing you can do about it. I enjoyed it for a few weeks but haven't picked it up in a while.

Yeah, I can see this happening. I was considering putting some $ in to get some stuff but probably just gonna hold off and see how long I last.