Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Rapner posted:

Is anyone playing Haunted Empire? It's a heroes charge/pocket knights thing crossed with dynasty warriors. So far I'm enjoying it more than the aforementioned similar games, apart from a few translation issues.

I started a Legion (guild thing). ID 3447

If you want an invite code use 262970.

In times of war, it's most important to look after your own life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

mrkillboy posted:

Animal Crossing-esque adventure game Seabeard is now out for Android.

Oh snap, it's Backflip Studios! I played so much Paper Toss on my first smartphone. :allears:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

mrkillboy posted:

For any Dragon Ball fans Bandai Namco have released a new game called DRAGON BALL Z DOKKAN BATTLE. Pocket Gamer says its some kind of puzzle/board game hybrid; I tried to watch a video of the gameplay but all it did was leave me even more confused.

I've been playing for about 10 minutes and I don't understand anything that's happening. I think it's building a party to have synergistic bonuses and then figuring out how to maximize your ki to do more damage? It's weird, but very Dragon Ball if that's your thing. I got Goku to start, but I'm not sure if that's normal or not?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

It's not, you get a random Super Rare but it doesn't seem to pull out of the full roster. You really just want to cover the spread of colors and set up good connections for your heavy hitters. I'm having a loving blast with it.

Now that I've sorted out the colors, I like it a lot more. It looks like once you hit all the different kinds of awakening medals for someone, they go up a rarity and become Super *type*. I awakened the starter Tien twice and now he has type advantage over other Str characters. Also got lucky and pulled a SR Android 16 to give me a good Phy dude. Also snagged Kid Gohan from the Radittz event and he's pretty good.

My Id is 1487212337.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 17, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Trainmonk posted:

Should definitely try to get the SR Vegita from the event going on too.

How tough is that to do?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Trainmonk posted:

The first difficulty was easy but it's probably a low drop rate, I didn't get him there. I got him on the medium difficulty first try and it wasn't exactly easy but I think it's doable for most people. I'd stock some healing items and do your best to partner up with a SSR person or a SR at around level 25+ if you can manage it. He's worth it I think.

I'm on my 6th or 7th run and still no luck. Hard is really good XP at any rate.

I'm really impressed with how Z-Awakened Characters perform. Super STR Tien and Super TEQ Yamcha are doing damned nice work. They hit and take damage neutrally against what they were normally weak against and are strong against same type. Awakening is definitely worth the effort. I got a R Chiaotzu and between Kid Gohan's Leader ability and Super Tien, this is a great team for dealing with Vegeta with only a little healing. Just throw Chiaotzu in front of a Galick Gun, it's great.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Trainmonk posted:

If you can reliably take him down then it's only a matter of time. He's good and his leader skill, plus 3 to ki for agi, seems really strong if you can field a team for it.

3 Ki? Wow. I have an SR AGI Goku and an SR Burter. That'd be horrifying. I know where all my stamina is going.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Trainmonk posted:

Yeah I've been trying him a little with some agi characters and that 3 ki makes getting super attacks or whatever so simple.

Basically gently caress Vegeta at this point. I'm on like my 15th run. Oh well, I'm getting buried in medals and items.

Edit: Of course I get him after I complain. Sweet.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jul 18, 2015

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Getimmaaw posted:

I must be missing something obvious but how do you activate dokkan mode once the meter is full?

You have to hit a special attack to set it off.

On the subject, Z-Awakening Super Rares is loving rough. It's not hard to get the tokens if you have a good team of the element that has an advantage. My Teq team led by the event Gohan runs pretty well on Hard. The only real problem is that you need the prospective character at max level and it costs a ton, on the order of 560,000 Zenni to do all four slots. 250k of that is the super rare medals. Even rares are tough, since they need to be at level 40 and that takes a while. I'm working on a Rare AGI Videl I got to put her in with Vegeta, but it took most of my stuff to get her to 36.

Anyone had any cards particularly impress them? I'm finding this SR Burter I got early on to be really strong. He gets +2 Ki if you put him first in line, which combines gorgeously with Vegeta's leader ability. He hits his special if you can get a 5-chain and he goes first. I have a SR AGI Goku that gets +25% attack when he has a 5 or higher Ki meter, too. The real drawback is that Burter only has a handful of links, same with Vegeta.

It's actually really fun to tinker with teams. I'm about to try out a team with Vegeta, Goku, Burter, Recoome, Videl, and Nappa. Good set of links. Goku's the odd man out, but it's an SR Goku, I'm not sure I need to worry.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I have sort of hit a wall, though. That Ginyu Force level is a slog, and so is the final area of Cell's chapter on Hard. Not quite sure where to work on that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Fellow Dragon Ball Z: Doki Doki Panic players: I have no idea if the game actually tells you this, but you can press and hold and it'll show you what the chain you're picking looks like. That is really useful and I just figured it out, so I thought I'd share in case anyone else missed it. Nice for seeing where rainbow orbs are going to change.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

It has problems with rooted phones from what I've heard. It runs like rear end on my Nexus 10 but is smooth as silk on my S4, which is strange since I think technically the Nexus 10 is more powerful at this point?

I have a rooted Nexus 5 running 4.4.4 and DBZ runs fine for me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Man, I've had pretty sick luck with pulls in DBZ Doki Doki Panic, managed to put together some pretty fun teams. Probably spent more than I should have on pulls, but oh well, I'll get my money's worth with how much I'm messing with it. The team-building is pretty cool.

My main team is Saiyans/Ginyu/a robot featuring the event SR Vegeta, the R Pilaf Fusion Machine the SR Burter (AGI), Recoome (PHY), Nappa(TEQ) and the R Jeice (STR). Jeice is REALLY good Z-Awakened. +1000 attack if he goes first and even better if I get Burter to go first. Tough as Nails and Brutal Beatdown tie Nappa and the Pilaf Robot in with the Ginyu guys. Almost any set of 3 here has good links. I wish the SR AGI Goku I had fit in better, but he has no Saiyan links, so he's basically stuck on Z-Warrior teams, which is lame

I also built a respectable World Tournament Reborn team. This is led by a R AGI Videl that I Z-Awakened, with the Z-Awakened N Hercule (INT), Jewel (TEQ), Killa (STR), and Pintar (AGI). Also that PHY Recoome because I needed a PHY guy and why not Recoome? Z-Awakening's type modifications cover a lot of the gap left by these guys being mostly R*.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the littlest prince posted:

Worked for me. Unfortunately it doesn't run well on my aging GS3, which is somewhat surprising because the graphics aren't too impressive. It has weird scrolling behavior, I end up overshooting by a good amount.

Overall it's pretty underwhelming. It doesn't feel like a game. The goal seems to be "keep moving toward these doors on these huge maps", and that's it. Maybe there's more to it if I had played more than a level or two but I was bored enough to quit at that point. Also the scenery was pretty bland.

I had a couple ideas to improve it, like making the maps smaller and using fewer, more interesting enemies that are only loosely based on chess, but I think the end result of that would actually turn out to be Crypt of the Necrodancer. So that wouldn't be too helpful. Unless you want to make a clone/pseudoclone of that, I guess, which might not be a bad thing?

I thought there was an email to send criticism to on that beta page but I don't see it any more, so sorry if posting it here isn't the desired venue.

Yeah, this is roughly my experience, too. It runs perfectly fine on my Nexus 5, though. I feel like there needs to be something else there besides 'avoid dying in one hit'.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Light Gun Man posted:

Is there a way to play this DQ Monsters game without a garena account or facebook? garena wants a mobile number to register, i don't have a phone. it also claims my normal email already has an account but hell if i know what it is or what I made it for, and I can't get a password reset without the matching username so welp. I just straight up don't wanna use a facebook login.

You can make an account on the site, it's also related to League of Legends, apparently. Don't have the link handy, but I just Googled Garena account and found it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I've gotten steadily less tolerant of gashapon games after my initial obsession with PAD, so I was surprised that Poker Heroes is so, well, refreshing. I don't know if they intended this, but some parts of the game feel like they are an acknowledgement of "yes, this is a bullshit RNG game, wink wink". I loved the complex puzzling of some gashapon games for a long time, but eventually I became tired of expending the :effort: to create a wombo-combo every turn, only to be rewarded with a trash drop for the 15th time in a row.

True, the basic poker-hand-building and bankroll-management gameplay of PH probably isn't as deep as some other games, but I'm OK with that. There are still strategic decisions to be made, but you don't have to fret as much over things like optimality or "will I fat-finger this double-turnback L2T crossfire undercut-kickback" (this is an actual maneuver in Terra Battle (really)). I've also only cleared up to the end of mission 10 so far, with a single starter deck that I keep adding new heroes to Frankenstein-style, so as I expand my roster and create more specialized decks, I'm curious if a little more strategic depth will open up.

I think my favorite feature of the game though, is Raid mode, which is the greatest feature of a gacha game ever created. It lets you farm a level without actually having to play the level! Yeah, it costs more energy to do it, but it's so refreshing to not have to waste my real-life time grinding an early game level for trash feeder monsters.

p.s. imo trading "anime" aesthetic for "generic c-grade g.i. joe" aesthetic isn't much of an upgrade :P

That raid mechanic is just a slight variation of the way Heroes' Charge and its ilk do it. Most of them give you tickets of some type to instant-clear levels, but it costs the normal amount of stamina. I'm not a huge fan of the extra cost to raid combined with a failure chance, something even the grindiest F2P games don't do.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Since it seemed like there were a few folks playing Elemental Wings, I figured I'd post about this game I found.

It's called Dragon Heroes and it's a character-based vertical shooter. Has levels, character and rune gachas, pretty normal F2P progression. You start with a 6*, so you're never hurting for something to actually do levels with. I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

EzEight posted:

from the review it seems Dragon Heroes is a reskin of their existing game Hero Shooters which sucks.

If by reskin, they mean also a top down shooter. It feels like more of a refinement. Dragon Heroes is way more polished and user friendly. Hero Shooter has you locked to one axis, has a less robust upgrading system, and kind of a flat visual style.

They share some mechanics like the way the boosts you earn work, but that's just a shmup thing. Definitely feels like a sophomore outing of a similar genre over a reskin.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

BobTheJanitor posted:

Been playing some of that Dragon Heroes game mentioned a few pages back. The shooting is good, and I appreciate that I can set it on auto play and let it grind for me, even if it's obviously intentionally a bit stupid and won't be able to play harder levels.

But I'm disappointed to find that it has a mechanic I hate, having to max level and enhance a character before you can then use them as fodder to rank up another character. While technically it's all the same grinding, I just find it annoying to have to put a lot of time and effort and resources into a character that I am just going to essentially delete so that I can make another one stronger. I don't know why games do this, but it's usually enough to make me uninstall whenever I come across it.

Yeah, the grind for ranking up is insane. I'm getting kind of tired of it and I've only gotten a 4* rare to 5*.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Gatcha is a sort of hybrid between gacha and gotcha, so I'll allow it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Roid666 posted:

I dunno, I was just getting into it. I thought it was a nice twist on the heroes charge / seven knights / star wars heroes genre. And its Star Trek!

Yeah, I thought it was kind of neat. I also got Ezri Dax and Morn. :(

At least it didn't do the shards thing. I'm pretty tired of grinding for character shards.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I went with Picard during the beta, but this time, it's Sisko for that DS9 action. I also immediately pulled a second one. :getin:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 14, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I dunno, I have Odo, visorless Geordi, and the holodoc with a golf club. As opposed to a fistful of Darth Vader shards.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

commish posted:

This game is good.

Doesn't run on rooted devices, just as an FYI to anyone looking at it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CrashCat posted:

Is there seriously nothing that gives ship pieces without crystals? Not even the random faction mission rewards? :(

I've gotten a few from various rare rewards. But you get 50-150 for a set when you pull.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Applied to Starfleet Dental as Windborn.

I did the same as Echophonic.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

CRAYON posted:

I cant get Panzer Waltz to boot on my Nexus 6P. Maybe it's for the best..

It's not much of a game, it kind of plays itself.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sounds like the Kairo sports formula like Pocket League and Race.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
One of the things I like about Lux is that it turns off the night mode if a secure dialog like that comes up.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, this is too much of a hassle. I'm just going to wait until the English release. I'm sure we'll get something for that.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On the subject, it looks like the most recent Miitomo update removed the root check or whatever was crashing it. It works fine on my rooted Nexus 5 now.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

mrkillboy posted:

The international version of Squeenix's new mobile JRPG Final Fantasy Brave Exvius is out in soft launch in "select regions" (Sweden probably).

Unsurprisingly, it doesn't work on rooted devices. RootCloak doesn't even seem to work, but then again, I've never actually had it work for anything.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
It looks like Game of Dice, which I thought was pretty boring.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

Someone do a trip report. This one actually looks interesting.

If you liked Cruise Ship or Hot Springs, you'll like Arcade. It's all about the area themes, customer cultivation, and staff. Also has a cute little fighting game mini game. Very much a return to form.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

mrkillboy posted:

Dandy Dungeon is a new puzzle game/dungeon crawler from the creator of cult hit Chulip about a salaryman who stays at home making his own video game (which you play), adding more features and characters to it as he interacts with his neighbours.

It's really quirky and gets super weird at points but is also quite charming and self aware. I think its well worth checking out.

Weird? From the makers of Chulip? No way!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Morpheus posted:

Well in Terra Battle 2 when they asked if I was ready to battle, I said yes and I guess that means "skip the tutorial" so now I'm pretty much at a loss as to what the heck I'm doing.

I did the tutorial and I still have no idea.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've been playing Alchemist's Code. Seems pretty solid, yeah. My code's KXL4YU4N. We were also talking about it a bit over in the Gacha games thread.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 21, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Sure, why not? Followed both of you, I'm 109817542. Did a bit of rerolling and got a nice stack of 5* gear. Currently trying to power my through until I can get Terra because FF6.

You actually have enough currency for 4 10+1s if you do the story up through chapter 1 and do the half-price story character one, which doesn't take very long.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Feb 1, 2018

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

victorious posted:

Has anyone played Death Squared? It's on sale at the moment and I was wondering if it was worth picking up.

Death Squared was pretty enjoyable. A friend and I played most of the way through on the Switch over the course of an afternoon. Found the controls to be a little floaty, but it's clever and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Rubicon posted:

anyone playing Sdorica?

Haven't been able to play it much, but the animations look great and the combat is different than any other mobile game I've played. Also, they gave a whole bunch of free stuff away.

edit: Looking at the characters, it doesn't seem to follow the Summoner's War model on evolving characters. It looks like you collect materials from stages and evolve. Instead of sacrificing other characters.

I just gave it a shot, definitely seems interesting. Character designs are pretty cool, as is the art style. I like that it's not focused around automatic battles, it's got a light bit of strategy to the gameplay.