Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

mrkillboy posted:

QuizUp is also another really polished trivia game, but probably not exactly what you're looking for.

There's also an unofficial remake of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?, simply called Carmen.

How is Carmen not available in the US?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I mentioned this briefly in the last thread before it closed but are there any gamepads that'll mimic a mouse? I really want something nice to use with my Nexus 7 (preferably so that I can hold the whole bit together) to play Civilization 5 over Limelight.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Drone posted:

Can't answer your question really, but how well does Limelight work with the Nexus 7? This is the first I'm seeing of any ability to stream PC games onto my tablet to play, besides using something like Remote Desktop.

Gyshall posted:

Its not bad but you need to have a good LAN connection (1 gig hardwired for the computer) and a very good wireless connection (5 GHZ) with minimal interference for it to be really good.

I have Limelight on Fire TV going from my hardwired desktop and it is pretty sweet. Wish there was a Steam in home streaming app for android though

It works surprisingly well and I had a 100megabit hardwire to the PC and a crummy N router. I also played it passably well while traveling on shotty airport and hotel wifi connections with decent results. I had to deal with some pixelated graphics but by and large that's not an issue with a game like Civ. The only weirdness is that every so often I would have to manually touch the screen to re-align the mouse cursor with the remote PC cursor. I used a bluetooth mouse with my tablet so that I could keep the USB port free to charge.

My holy grail would be a piece of hardware that can hold the tablet, charge it (or allow for a cable to passthrough to do it) and have an analog stick to serve as a mouse with a few buttons as mouse buttons.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Digital Jesus posted:

Is it any good? I'm not getting much from the screenshots.

One of the blogs had a write up on it today that was equally vague. I couldn't tell if it was like clash of clans with more single player or something else entirely. It has my interest but am waiting for goon approval before I give it 4 moon bucks

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Nitrousoxide posted:

Huh?

Google rewards has gotten wierd.

I got asked yesterday morning what year it was. Google is losing its mind

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Are there any fun baseball games? I just wanna mash home runs while I take a poop.

Would really love RBI baseball on my mobile.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

mrkillboy posted:

RBI 2015 is on the Play Store (and so is the 2014 version, but that hasn't been updated in a year).

I meant the one for the NES. Nice and simple and probably able to be played in portrait!

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

mrkillboy posted:

Age of Empires has been resurrected as a mobile RTS currently in geo-limited soft launch. It actually looks kind of okay?

AppSales

Not available in my country. :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Morter posted:

I'll take that as a no?

Also Magic: Puzzle Quest is also available for me, and I'm in east coast US

This just changed in the last 2 hours. I tried to install it from the webpage on my desktop before and it said none of my devices were compatible, and just now it worked.