Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

victorious posted:

Lots of people in the Hearthstone thread have been pulling Legendaries out of their free iPhone/Android packs, I got Al'Akir myself :tinfoil:

Do I have to finish the 6-game tutorial to get my pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

datajosh posted:

FYI - if you got in on the Amazon Coins they were giving away last year, they'll be expiring at the end of the month.

Bah, I have $10 there still with nothing particularly catching my eye.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Dragonrah posted:

Four and five are good choices too, I think. There's also Chrono Trigger or even the Dragon Quest games to consider. Though, it's not like you're hurting for choices already.

I'd definitely pick Chrono Trigger over the FF ports. It at least looks like the SNES version. I just cannot get over how bad the FF games look. Groups of people had legitimate meetings regarding the graphics and all decided "Yup, looks fine, ship it."

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
xbtg7325 here. The game doesn't really warrant a thread, but maybe a crafty goon could create a Google Doc of some sort to make this easier? Will add everyone else tomorrow morning.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

BobTheJanitor posted:

I thought I would jump on the Pocket Miner 2 hype train, until I got past the tutorial and found out the levels auto-scroll and you get a game over for going off the top. Too bad, it looks fun, but I just can't play mobile games that can't be dropped and ignored at a moment's notice. Got to pretend to work while I'm playing games, after all.

Levels last like 30 seconds, if even that. If you have to drop it at a moments notice, you still get all the money/gear. You only lose a battery for the run, I guess. Doesn't seem that crazy to me.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Coffeehitler posted:

Take a look at the dailies also. Today's labyrinth is very useful to get a bunch of cash to upgrade your pick with.

Yeah I got like 30,000 today just from that.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Where do I find fish in Seabeard? It keeps telling me 'Doesn't look like there are fish here.' Are they on a different island?

Most islands have beach areas. Just click in the water near the fish.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Any verdicts yet on the FFT port to Android?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hot drat, Blek is a fantastic and devious puzzle game. Thank you so much for the recommendation earlier. Absolutely worth $1.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

Anyone else completely unable to log into Alphabear?

I had to uninstall the game because it was running at about 1/100 of the normal speed. It booted up to a white screen to try and resume my previous game, I never bothered waiting for it to fully boot, as I imagine it would have taken a very long time.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Malek posted:

So questions... any good (and preferably low file size) RPGs out lately? I just beat Dead ly Dungeons and QuesatLord (and if you consider it an RPG: YMBB)

Getting a bit tired of the Summoner Wars Grind...

*Sigh* And I miss the old school id Software RPGs

Definitely not low-size (although I don't know the exact file size), but Final Fantasy Tactics?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

dpack_1 posted:

The summer sale in the UK sucks. Literally nothing stands out on there and it certainly doesn't have Monument Valley or Hitman Go.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/collection/promotion_3000a19_greatsale_premium_fop_game

Viewing from the US, there are games on that page that have no discount at all. Something is weird.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Game of Thrones (Telltale's) season 1 is on sale for $0.60. Are the other seasons on sale as well? Apparently I can only look if I buy the game and browse the IAP.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Card Crawl is neat, but does it ever get harder? I blasted through 10 wins with no issues at all. Also wow does it eat through battery power.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Niton posted:

Invited. We have some low level dude who I dunno if he's a goon, but otherwise we need to upgrade Town Hall for a sixth spot.

Shop Heroes actually has quite some legs to it, as far as a mobile game goes - it's pretty transparently Swords and Potions, but with a lot of that game's worst features completely removed.

I am enjoying it - about to hit level 11. People seemed to have joined my town randomly, but I am unable to join others. I might just be missing the button somewhere. Would love to get in on a goonville.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

ModeSix posted:

As someone said earlier. Send your adventurers on the quest to collect the blue gems constantly. Never stop doing this. Then sell your gems on the market, you can get 200-300 gold each for them.

As for leveling up, it's slow as gently caress.

Nah, sell them for 700. I always priced at 700 and they were sold within an hour. A stack of 10 will start raking in the money.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I would sure hope Final Fantasy Tactics doesn't phone home, so that might be an easy choice you can sink plenty of hours in.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Drone posted:

Unfortunately all of the Square FF games do, as far as I know.

Haha why? Oh God why. I was tempted to get Tactics when my Google credit got to that point.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

Partly to stop cheaters from modding the game, but mostly to keep people from being able to download the game somewhere and sideload it instead of paying $25 for a $5-$10 port of a game.

Sheesh. Fortunately it's only $15, but that's still a bummer. Guess that suggestion is out then.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

vulturesrow posted:

Anyone playing MtG: Puzzle Quest? I've had it installed for a while but just for around to playing. It's actually not bad. However it's definitely more toward the bullshit end of the f2p spectrum than not. Not totally egregious, it's certainly playable. For that reason I'm not inclined to spend any money on it though.

That said, if anyone is still playing, who would you pick up as a second planeswalker? I don't have enough cards yet to really super a second character. I have the most cards in white but they are all single cards.

If you save up from campaign battles/dailies and buy the 600 crystal card pack you will get a crazy amount of rares. My deck strength skyrocketed after that, especially with the other planeswalkers. Once you have some better cards you can decide who to rank up. It was the white deck in my case. They are all pretty great once you level them up a bit and unlock all three special powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I am about to head on a road trip - are there any good kid-friendly games that have come out in the last year for Android? I am looking at something playable for kids 6 and under. The games will be running on a 1st gen Google Nexus tablet.