Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Icedude posted:

I always thought that the ship itself was the Soreil, but the spherical section where Felion and other residential districts and such are located was known as the Orei. Does kind of make sense that it's just another botched translation though.

The translation's accurate, in that on the map screen it names the ship 'Soreil' in Japanese, then 'PLACE: Orei' in English, and then they say 'Orei' in Japanese in the chart cutscene. But, if the ship is Soreil, then what does it mean to question whether Orei is moving?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Just noticed the writing on this door effectively says "5049", between actual characters for numbers and characters that happen to be pronounced like numbers.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

(Temporarily) unexplained backstory flashbacks aren't uncommon in RPGs, particularly when the protaganist has amnesia. I'm working on the assumption it'll make sense later.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Clarste posted:

Yeah, it's not much of a pun, his nickname was just Ta-bou. The translators may not have realized why he was called that and just assumed it was Turbo.

The "bou" is in kanji, so it'd be impossible for them to miss. I presume they just decided to go with something that a child might actually be nicknamed, and conveniently sounded virtually identical.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's the very first link on the summary page. But yeah, calling the full thing a 'summary' is pretty generous.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Feinne posted:

Losing Barriers is really bad, because it sets your Harmonics back down to level 0 and can kind of snowball into you getting your poo poo wrecked. For example, the first time I played Zill actually got me to my last Barrier because I just didn't get the mechanics well and that's the first really hard fight.

I was going to ask why you were using endurance restore items every turn but if it actively punishes you for losing even one barrier then yeah.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

FrickenMoron posted:

Paulas Memory for Ions costume is a mistranslation of Polar Memory.

It's "Polar's", but apparently at least one person translating it left the 's out consistently

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

Add on to that, some people never played Ciel Nosurge, so a lot of things (like the Nay being in a Sharl body revelation) are not going to have the same impact as it would have if the player knows/has played Ciel. As much as the game has sorta tried to recap things from Ciel Nosurge, there's only so much that can be done before you have to stop playing Ar and go read up on Ciel if you're not familiar with it.

Wouldn't it have zero impact, because you already knew that, though? I don't see how playing Ciel would have benefitted you in that particular instance, or really any so far unless you find it difficult not knowing everything up-front.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Clarste posted:

Yuuki is untranslated for reasons that will become apparent later. I suppose it might've been a pun in Japanese.

It's written 結城, for what it's worth. Not sure if that relates to those reasons or it's just a random pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

It's not stated in Japanese, in this part, so they could've gone either way without any context. But yeah, just from watching 30 seconds of a Ciel video it'd be pretty hard to argue that that Pram is a girl.

• Locked thread