Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

caesar in fallout: new vegas is voiced by Rawls from the wire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

It's possible to be cool and still do the Santa thing, just don't make such a big deal out of it and don't try so hard to hide the fact that it's actually you getting the gifts

basically if it's a big item the whole family will use like a TV or something, write from Santa on it

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Dec 19, 2018

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

beefnoodle posted:

Let me guess: women aren’t funny? Or do you have some specific thing about the two of them?

lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

tallest crocodile posted:

Aphex Twin and Die Antwoord are not related like, at all. I saw an Aphex Twin video on MTV when I was young and a picture of the woman from Die Antwoord much later, and somehow forever linked them in my mind.

Also it’s Die Antwoord not Die Antwood.

they sampled an aphex twin song and are big fans

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

gross

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

A broiler is not a warming drawer. It is a broiler.

fuckin millennials

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TheKennedys posted:

My dad, East Texas born and raised, said "warsh" (your hands), and stuck in intrusive Rs pretty often in general, but I've generally only heard that from like...the corn belt. His parents didn't do it, I have no idea where he got it from.

all my north Texan relatives say it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

There's a great interview with Peter serafinowicz where he talks about auditioning for Darth maul. George Lucas sat right behind him in the sound booth while he was reading lines, and when Peter asked him for direction, Lucas just said: "you know, evil. make him sound really evil."

lol

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Besesoth posted:

It's funny how things from your childhood sneak up on you. Yesterday I realized, out of the blue, that the wave of concern about "latchkey kids" in the late 80s and early 90s was actually conservative anti-feminist rhetoric. "If those drat women would just stay in the kitchen where they belong instead of getting jobs, these kids wouldn't be home alone."

gotta control the narrative early before people start talking about free/subsidised child care

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"wow holy poo poo, why can't we afford childcare even with two incomes?"

"yeah these sluts leaving the home are a real problem"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he's a god of vaguely folkish alterna-rock

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

old news

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Inceltown posted:

It's news to me but following his life and career hasn't exactly been a priority in life.

what a strange post

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bamhand posted:

Once water starts boiling there's no point in keeping the stove on high. Your food isn't going to cook any faster than if it's on low/medium. Just going to evaporate the water faster.

relatedly there are also tons of people out there who think cans of food will explode if you boil them

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I'm not a Springsteen fan, so when this came on a random playlist, I thought it sounded really familiar

https://youtu.be/boJhWtw-6Gg

https://youtu.be/1aQldvK3Y1A

Maybe I have brainworms but it's 2019 and I still listen to Butthole Surfers so probably.

butthole surfers are the poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DrBouvenstein posted:

Which is dumb because didn't keeping it in vertical orientation eventually break it? Something about one of the gears that spins the disc gets warped or knocked off its pin or something?

the Xbox 360 would eat discs if you turned it while it was running, I never heard anything like this about the PlayStations

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

TK-42-1 posted:

This can't be true people can't just add months to the calendar thats crazy talk.

throw this man to the lions

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Len posted:

My job falls into the guidelines of essential even though we aren't a food or pharmacy warehouse. So I'm coming to work every day and interacting with ltl and tl carriers and their paperwork that has seen who knows how many hands, across who knows how many states and just have to grin and bear it. My bosses who have decided to keep us open are all working from home right now and sending daily emails about how strong we are as a company and how they know we'll do the smart thing and call of if we think we're sick.

Did they relax the no fault attendance point system? Ehhhh if you're confirmed to have corona you won't get any points but you have to be confirmed to have it. Anything else and it's a point a day 10 points is instant termination.

In short, roll out the guillotines because gently caress these people.

I'll have a 4 for 4 no onions please

yea I work in SCS and the poo poo I'm building now is definitely not essential, but the company in general is so they get away with keeping everyone on

I got a nice speech about how everyone should be grateful they're still working and the unemployment office has lines

boss even went so far as to say that they've put up more hand sanitizing stations and that if anyone has any other "crazy" requests to let him know, before catching himself and saying "nevermind, not crazy"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cows have horizontal slit pupils like goats, it's just hard to tell because their irises are so dark

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Upper Midwest is not the Midwest

you're darn tootin

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pete and Catherine from twin peaks were married IRL

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

Charlie & the waitress he stalks in Always Sunny are married irl

they were a brother and sister trailer trash couple in Reno 911 as well

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

christmas boots posted:

Incidentally, the log lady was played by Catherine E. Coulson. So he was married to Catherine at one point, albeit not the Piper Laurie version.

yeah that was the reason for my friends confusion, I got some bad intel there

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I was watching William Friedkin talk about the French Connection and I kept thinking to myself "why don't I like this guy?"

Friedkin has the exact same accent and speech pattern as Trump

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Humphreys posted:

wait until you find out you can swipe on the android keyboard spacebar to move around your text to edit.

what the gently caress

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Brian Fellow says "I'm Brian Fellow," not "I'm Brian Fellows"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

that Laurie Anderson song has a verse from the tao in it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I feel you, I'm a rock kind of guy but I've always felt that AC/DC were insanely boring and by the numbers

ZZ Top too, come at me

yeah zz top is prime boring 80s rock

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Animals is indeed the best Floyd album but dark side of the moon is still good

I like Can more these days, they're like a prog rock band that can groove and they had an insanely good drummer

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zedprime posted:

When you internalize enough music theory every song in the past 75 years sounds the same and your choices start looking like prog rock, free jazz, and Tuvan throat singing to hear something different.

me listening to Coltrane's horn literally just screeching to the point that it sounds like it's gonna break:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Memento posted:

Prog rock is upper-middle class white boy angst put to overly complicated music. Animals (an album I absolutely love btw) is about "oh no is there no more to life than just being a successful wage earner? Are we really all just sheep? Are the government pigs?!?"

Yes, yes, and yes, trenchant insight there. Philosophy majors huffing their own farts is a better comparison, as pointed out upthread.

:eyepop:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

such an angry young man

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

rydiafan posted:

Do I out myself as a secret sorority girl if I say that fireball and root beer taste good?

this makes my teeth hurt

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

I'm not sure whether or not this makes it ok, but apparently the song did pretty well in Japan. And also the Kirsten Dunst video was produced by this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takashi_Murakami

edit: ...who apparently started a whole art movement criticising Japanese pop culture consumerism, otakus, and anime sexualisation. Including making a figurine of a naked anime man jizzing a lasso.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lonesome_Cowboy

That loving owns.

I saw the Murakami exhibit when it came to Dallas, it owned

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

remote controlled cars are the perfect Christmas gift for pretty much anyone of any age

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Chevy Chase is clearly a huge rear end in a top hat but definitely way funnier than Steve Martin

I watched an interview from the 70s with Chase on Dick Cavett, and Chase kept looking directly into the camera when speaking and would always glance at the camera after making a joke. I dunno if that was how Cavett's show was supposed to work or if it was just Chase, but he seemed to love it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

christmas boots posted:

And the natives are like "we already have a name for it, you can just use that one" and we're like "no, no that's ok."

hey they discovered it they should get to name it

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the clap emojis are heavily used by catty thots in the comments of reality star instas

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can just blast my cloth masks with my shirt steamer instead of washing them every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Speaking of the Mediterranean, it took a while for it to sink in just how much the greeks colonized the black sea. The golden fleece was in crimea, mithradates was from the black sea, etc.

hawowanlawow has a new favorite as of 23:10 on Feb 9, 2021