Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
I just learned last week that Patrick Swayze has been dead for like 6 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

A guy in the episode literally says "Why is the bar called Shady Nasty's?"

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

mostlygray posted:

Now I hate the song. I liked the line "...one winged dove..." and now the song sucks.

It's like the line from "Walkin' on the Sun" (Don't judge, it was the '90s). I always thought the line was "You need to be there when your baby's old enough to be laid." I thought, wow, that's a profound thought! How would I feel when my daughter becomes sexually active? Then I read the lyrics and never listened to Smash Mouth again.

I thought "Walkin' on the Sun" was a cover for some reason. Just learned that it's not.

Smash Mouth's lead singer is really bad at enunciating though, such that I always thought the line "field heat sneakin' up on me" in "Come on, Come on" was "Bill Gates sneakin' up on me."

I will never stop listening to Smash Mouth.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

FELD1 posted:

Smash Mouth's lead singer is really bad at enunciating though, such that I always thought the line "field heat sneakin' up on me" in "Come on, Come on" was "Bill Gates sneakin' up on me."

To clear mine up (though I thought it was clear), I was referencing the song "Come on Come on" by Smash Mouth. Just in case. I don't really know when to use quotations marks correctly.

I agree though, it seems like a lot of people are just posting non-sense or out of context lyrics.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Barudak posted:

This vastly improved the song for me versus my lifelong assumption it is about a man elaborately trolling the person he is singing to in order to save money on a vacation by going to Kokomo, Indiana.

I grew up in the Indianapolis area, and knew about the town of Kokomo before I ever heard of the Beach Boys song. Now I think the song is just funny for the same reason.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

When people talked about Bon Iver, I was convinced the dude's name was Bonnie Bear for the longest time. It's a better musician's name, anyway.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking of Quebec, I was glancing at a map and realized that Montreal is not in fact the provincial capital. It's Quebec. I'm usually very knowledgeable about geography, so I felt pretty ashamed of myself.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Ash from Pokemon was originally voiced by a young girl who is still voicing him and is almost 30 now etc etc.

Veronica Taylor is 51 years old. When she started voicing Ash she would've been ~31 :confused:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Rob Thomas (from Matchbox 20) and Rob Thomas (television producer/director/writer) are two different people.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Until that post, I legit thought the Warriors were from Oregon. No idea why.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Timespy posted:

Bing Crosby was not black.

This is actually new information to me.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Signs with an H on them and an arrow are pointing to hospitals.

Or the location to find hornets.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

packetmantis posted:

My dad always says 'set' instead of 'sit' and it drives me nuts.

Oh man, I do this and I have no idea why. No one in my family says it that way and none of my friends or neighbors do either. I'm in NE Indiana.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Samovar posted:

Be thankful. I was about 12 when I realized that American Girl started with the lines 'Well she was an American Girl, raised on promises' and not 'raised by Protestants'.

Your version's better.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

packetmantis posted:

Lot of Fieri fans in this thread!!

It's not surprising. The dude is pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

God, some of you guys are weird.

:ironicat: