Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Honk shoo honk shoo" is just a hosed-up way English people want to represent the "krooh pyyh krooh pyyh" of a person snoring while asleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

a cyborg mug posted:

I’ve got some real bad news about onomatopoeia in diff languages for you

Honk is categorically an outwards sound, and so is shoo. :colbert:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DID YOU KONW 9/11 IN REAL COUNTRIES IS 11.9. ?!?!?!?!!?!?1111²22ELVATOLVAKATINKORVA

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

credburn posted:

For ten years I've been buying these lovely shower-mirrors. They last about a month and then fog up and start warping in weird ways.

Well today I bought a new one, and someone in Amazon review section said, make sure you remove the protective film.

So I go into my shower, where the latest of my worthless shower mirrors are. I peel back the film, revealing a perfectly pristine mirror underneath.

I've thrown out a dozen of these motherfuckers over the years, and it's a goddamn headache to shave. Now I see why! I never realized there was a protective film over the mirror; I thought all that was the mirror. Holy poo poo I'm able to see myself in the mirror in the shower for the first time in years.

What the hell did you think mirrors were made out of so that they could warp? This is impressive.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

credburn posted:

I figured the stuff I was buying was like a reflective film that was glued to the fixture, and that was what was warping. Like some kind of reflective foil or something.

Ah, oh. There are mirrors like that but I haven't seen one since the 1980s. They are also completely useless from the get-go.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Florence Pugh was not involved in notorious and public litigation with Johnny Depp.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ms. Pugh if you're reading this (and I'm sure you are), I apologise.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Iceland-Shattering Kabooms? Seems appropriate.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I can control Youtube on my PS5 on my Anroid phone. (Good for queueing up songs or whatever.) Just happened to open the Youtube application on the phone while watching a video on my TV and it asked me if I want to connect.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Finishing my book on company time means I now have nothing to read on the bus, reducing me to busposting.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

my love language is german

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I'm comparing this to using a trowel to dig out the roots of a weed. If the weed's the type you can just yank out by the stems, then of course just do that! But you always want to get the roots if at all possible, otherwise the weed will be back in very short order.

Then don't use a trowel, use a weed-tool.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Really dude? Boarding schools existed before the Harry Potter books came out.

The music video is giving me big Boss Baby vibes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Torquemada posted:

I went to one, well two actually. I'm not sure how you could read the paragraph you quoted without realising I was writing with humorous intent.

Try being funny with your humour next time :smugmrgw:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Some people pronounce mall "mall" instead of "mall" :stonklol:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Captain Splendid posted:

The person who shoots you at the start of Fallout: New Vegas is Matthew Perry

It is hard to tell because the fact someone would hire Matthew Perry and give him literally zero funny lines is so incredible.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't that everything he did after Friends? And most of Friends?

Dunno I didn't watch Friends. But I thought he was a comedian or something?

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 07:11 on May 2, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Laukaus! Laukaus! Sarrrrrrrja!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Power Skanssi (Power being a chain of electronics stores) is not in the shopping centre named Skanssi.

e: Modern Family Guy in the motion picture The Incredible Hulk is doctor Leonard Samson. It would be p great if he appeared in one of the Marvel movies as that character, bright green hevi hair and all.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 18:52 on May 4, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1 posted:

I find it bizarre that, for example, Michael Caine was born before hamsters were domesticated.

Wikipedia says that whomsoever grabbed a hamster out in the wild would have a domesticated hamster in two days :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

1 posted:

Fair enough, then Michael Caine was born before hamsters were commonly sold as pets in the USA.

Wait, gently caress, Michael Caine wasn't even born, was he?

Maurice Joseph Micklewhite was born before hamsters were commonly sold as pets in the USA.

poo poo, his parents might not have decided on a name prepartum, hang on...

A baby who, shortly after being born, would be christened Maurice Joseph Micklewhite was born before hamsters were commonly sold as pets in the USA.

Was he tho?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Despite being good for your teeth, xylitol has half as much calories as sugar. I don't know why the gently caress I thought it had no energy. I guess it's only "artificial" sweeteners that have no energy.

It does have a very low glycemic index tho, apparently. So I guess that's nice.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 07:52 on May 7, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

The Moabites (those from the land beyond Jordan) also gave their name to Moab Utah because it was similar to the Native American name (Moapa; water full of mosquitos) for the land but also fit into their biblical Natives are Israelites mythology.

The Moabites had a biblical Natives are Israelites mythology?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

One should not apply talcum powder downwind of a fan.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sir Lemming posted:

I just realized I don't know a drat thing about Cleopatra like, at all. She was some lady who had something to do with Egypt and that's about all I know.

She had a magnificent nose. (Source: Asterix)

e: Also, on-topic: we have a composter.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 07:25 on May 14, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hyperlynx posted:

Within living memory, just about!

It's weird to think about how many countries that are now "democracies" were still dictatorships in the 1970s. Spain, Greece, South Korea, what else?