Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Snapchat A Titty posted:

witches are p cool

witches ain't poo poo but hoes on sticks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

SMDFTB is also an important term to using when talking to your higher-ups

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I just found out the song is called Love Train, not Love Chain

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sweeperbravo posted:

That's still ten years after the song came out, then, and also still does not explain why my i'm seeing it weirdly often now, five years later

Memes I thought Was Dead, 101

It's a mixture of old memes coming back into style after a period of time, and the widespread growth of a meme known as "soundclowning" where artists on SoundCloud make strange remixes for funsies. It's what revived Shrek/Smash Mouth from a while back, why Lazy Town is a widespread meme instead of a creepy 4chan meme, and why Neil Cicierega blessed us with Bustin

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Linkin Park is also still together, is a pop band now, is going to perform with Blink-182 (who just dropped a deluxe version of their latest album) and Linkin Park basically said that if you don't like their new music then too bad, they don't like their old stuff anymore

Getting music news from a 17-year-old is very :psyduck: some times

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

To be fair I would pay cold hard cash to see Fred Durst cover Bleed it Out with Linkin Park, that would be a special kind of stupid :allears:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sucrose posted:

Wasn't it revealed that Limp Bizkit only got some of the radio airtime they did because of payola? Or maybe that's just what I want to believe.

Yep, aggressive "marketing" at radio stations to play their tracks from their label. It's illegal to slip a station money under the table to play their music, so they just gave the cash over the table meaning everything was on the up-and-up :downs:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

For some reason they're coming to Roskilde Festival. I might go see them if nobody else is playing at the same time.

They're a lot better now that they have the dude from Alkaline Trio instead of Tom Delong. Still very "I hate my hometown, everything sucks nothing matters" but at least now it's done with singing instead of literally whining in a microphone

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I have been following a person who does video essays in the style of HBomberGuy and Jim Sterling on YouTube, and she does a lot of film teardowns, the one getting me hooked being an examination of Rent and how it's movie (and stage show) marginalized the actual poverty, aids pandemic, and drug abuse of the time.

Her name is Lindsay Ellis, better known to me by her former gig a decade ago, the Nostalgia Chick from That Guy With The Glasses. :psyduck:

What the gently caress how did I randomly stumble upon the same person twice via YouTube, ten years apart

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Long underwear isn't just an extra layer of fabric for general insulation, it's stretchy so that it directly touches your skin. That way the cold air can't touch you directly through the inevitable gaps of air through your clothing. You can wear extra layers on top of that for extra insulation, but it's important to ensure your body has at least one layer of cloth completely insulating every inch of your skin if possible.

I live in the loving Dakotas

:eng99:

I've just been wearing pajama pants to layer up, first time I've had the real thing

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

sebmojo posted:

No! Incorrect. It's not if I see you first, making it clear that the interlocutor will change their DNA into that of a different human if they see the other prior to their own perception by him or her.

Ah, like Secret Invasion :hmmyes:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

One of the complaints people have had about Spider-Man movies over the years is when they try to do too many villains in one film, instead of focusing on just one villain in a movie. This started with Spider-Man 3, where they're trying to juggle Sandman and Harry's Green Goblin and Venom all at the same time. It came up again in discussion about the Amazing Spider-Man movies, where ASM1 has just Dr. Connors as the Lizard, while ASM2 has both Harry's Green Goblin and Electro sharing screen-time. Spider-Man: No Way Home took that argument, directly lifted villains from the other Spider-Man movies, and crammed five villains into a single Spider-Man movie as some way to prove that it can be done. It's like they agreed with the argument for Spider-Man: Homecoming and Spider-Man: Far From Home by focusing on just one major villain for each movie, then decided to say "gently caress it" and take the whole rogue's gallery from the other movies and make it work.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ommin posted:

Correct, he's the prince of England.

They have one too? :sigh: Well, I bet ours is at least a better guitar player.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I always thought hummingbirds lived in a completely different place than I do, it's so cold during the winter (constant -30F) and we only ever see sparrows and robins and swallows around our place, maybe the occasional bluejay and cardinal. We planted a new type of red flower earlier this year with lots of little bell-shaped blossoms, and it turns out that they not only live here but they're pretty friendly. Friendly enough to scare the poo poo out of me while standing on my patio at 7 AM because I thought a huge rear end moth was swooping me. I didn't hurt it, just ducked outta the way and yelled like a coward, and now we're bros. I stand outside looking at all the cool animals, it goes nuts over the red flowers and occasionally zooms over to investigate my floral shirts.

They also can tell when a big gust of wind is about to hit, because this little bird was just hovering around one of these flowers and suddenly landed in the soil with both wings spread out. I didn't know what it was doing at first, then a big gust rolled through and shook every branch on the nearby trees. It just waited until the gust was mostly through, went straight back up in the air and kept on trucking.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Cable Guy posted:

The interrobang is the superior punctuation mark

Fight me.

the only people with strong opinions about the interrobang are literature nerds and graphic designers. If youve gotta copy-paste it off of Google then its not a real punctuation mark :colbert:

that's why I just type alt-8253 :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Windows has a Clipboard History if you press Windows + V, which has little subsections in Windows 11 for other things like symbols (foreign currencies and other special symbols) as well as Emojis, because of course there are.

But there's a whole other section called Kaomojis, which are the weeb smilies. Some are the common ones like ^_^ and o_O, but there's tons of the super complicated ones. Finally, I can utilize Windows 11 to show my coworkers how I really feel