Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

im either dick weed or speed wolf

ask butthead, he knows which i am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Dicing means to chop something the size of dice.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Jestery posted:

Is it though? To dice is to cut something into cubes, doesn't matter the size

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Jestery posted:

Nope.

nexus6 posted:

Is it though? To dice is to cut something into cubes, doesn't matter the size

Well, dice come in a variety of sizes, so I guess no matter what size you chop the food you can say it's the same size as dice. Also you can cut it into any shape, since dice come in a variety of those too.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Monkey posted:

There's a search browser called google too.

yeah but the point is not only for me to find out what quark is, but also to say it's not as well known, so it's even less likely the character was named after it

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

rydiafan posted:

Nope.

Well, dice come in a variety of sizes, so I guess no matter what size you chop the food you can say it's the same size as dice. Also you can cut it into any shape, since dice come in a variety of those too.

I only eat meat that's been cut into a 20 sided shape.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Ein cooler Typ posted:

yeah but the point is not only for me to find out what quark is, but also to say it's not as well known, so it's even less likely the character was named after it

Ok?

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
the house in the exit sign

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
The person on the cover of Isao Tomita's Snowflakes Are Dancing, an album consisting entirely of arrangements of Claude Debussy pieces, is Claude Debussy.

Not Spock.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rollersnake posted:

The person on the cover of Isao Tomita's Snowflakes Are Dancing, an album consisting entirely of arrangements of Claude Debussy pieces, is Claude Debussy.

Not Spock.

:laffo:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Aaron Eckhart is not Jamie Lannister. I had to look this up because I am an idiot and identify people by chin.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Craig T Nelson and Powers Boothe are not the same person. I found that out after Powers Boothe died and I mentioned I always liked he show Coach. I got weird looks.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

JoelJoel posted:

Aaron Eckhart is not Jamie Lannister. I had to look this up because I am an idiot and identify people by chin.

I totally thought this too!! Except in reverse. I am totally the stereotypical goon with borderline prosopagnosia.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I've been using equivocal and equivalent interchangeably for a very long time and they definitely don't mean the same thing.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I thought of another one! Regarding Donald Trump's hideous troll sons. I thought that DT jr was Eric, and vice versa. Not that this matters in my life in any way.

:sad:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

genetic_knockout posted:

I totally thought this too!! Except in reverse. I am totally the stereotypical goon with borderline prosopagnosia.

I've disliked Susan Sarandon for years because of one particular role she played that I just really couldn't stand. Turns out:

Not the same person.

Lesley Ann Warren is the lady I can't stand. :downs:

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I've disliked Susan Sarandon for years because of one particular role she played that I just really couldn't stand. Turns out:

Not the same person.

Lesley Ann Warren is the lady I can't stand. :downs:

Good thing you figured that out, because Susan Sarandon is the bomb

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I can't stand either :shrug:

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

flosofl posted:

Powers Boothe died

well godammit

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lesley Ann Warren was in Clue, so she's also the bomb

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yes, but, Sophie Bremmer :argh:

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
Linkin' Park and Limp Bizkit are two separate bands. I can't exactly explain why, but until last night when I was listening to terrible early 2000's music and my son was telling me about these lovely bands that came from the era - my brain had always somehow grouped them into being the same band. Mind blown.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Linkin Park is also still together, is a pop band now, is going to perform with Blink-182 (who just dropped a deluxe version of their latest album) and Linkin Park basically said that if you don't like their new music then too bad, they don't like their old stuff anymore

Getting music news from a 17-year-old is very :psyduck: some times

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

thecluckmeme posted:

Linkin Park is also still together, is a pop band now, is going to perform with Blink-182 (who just dropped a deluxe version of their latest album) and Linkin Park basically said that if you don't like their new music then too bad, they don't like their old stuff anymore

Didn't Blink-182 headline fyre fest?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

syscall girl posted:

They were scheduled to, then realised either that they weren't going to get paid or that the whole thing was a shitpile, and bailed early.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

HairyManling posted:

Linkin' Park and Limp Bizkit are two separate bands. I can't exactly explain why, but until last night when I was listening to terrible early 2000's music and my son was telling me about these lovely bands that came from the era - my brain had always somehow grouped them into being the same band. Mind blown.

I know goons are old but this is ridiculous

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

To be fair I would pay cold hard cash to see Fred Durst cover Bleed it Out with Linkin Park, that would be a special kind of stupid :allears:

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

HairyManling posted:

Wasn't it revealed that Limp Bizkit only got some of the radio airtime they did because of payola? Or maybe that's just what I want to believe.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Sucrose posted:

Wasn't it revealed that Limp Bizkit only got some of the radio airtime they did because of payola? Or maybe that's just what I want to believe.

Yep, aggressive "marketing" at radio stations to play their tracks from their label. It's illegal to slip a station money under the table to play their music, so they just gave the cash over the table meaning everything was on the up-and-up :downs:

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

thecluckmeme posted:

Yep, aggressive "marketing" at radio stations to play their tracks from their label. It's illegal to slip a station money under the table to play their music, so they just gave the cash over the table meaning everything was on the up-and-up :downs:

I think those involved eventually had to pay millions in FCC fines though, if I've found the right case.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

thecluckmeme posted:

I just found this out and my brain hurts.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

thecluckmeme posted:

This is off their new album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9v147BZuE

If you asked me to listen to this I never would have guessed this came from Linkin park. Admittedly I haven't actually listened to them in like a decade but still.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zjAxPMipBk

Linkin Park is cool.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
That sounds like a very competent Christian band from twenty years ago.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That's a hell of a genre shift :lol:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

syscall girl posted:

For some reason they're coming to Roskilde Festival. I might go see them if nobody else is playing at the same time.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Linkin Park manages to suck poo poo in every genre, that's an accomplishment

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

For some reason they're coming to Roskilde Festival. I might go see them if nobody else is playing at the same time.

They're a lot better now that they have the dude from Alkaline Trio instead of Tom Delong. Still very "I hate my hometown, everything sucks nothing matters" but at least now it's done with singing instead of literally whining in a microphone

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Silverchair beat them to this punch an age ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZD982yrmx4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY9v147BZuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNK_r2QAXAo
to
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgjRCcyRIWw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47P3bzefCVI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YahNhXSD1Zs

e: if you don't get it the joke is they're making the Silverchair movie out of C.S.S. Lewis' childhood classic and they're really well positioned