Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

quote:

It comes down to bandwidth. We want each version of the game to be the best it can possibly be, and that means having the core members of the original GTA V team working closely with the best PC developers from across all Rockstar studios-the same crew that did great work on the PC versions of Max Payne 3, L.A. Noire and GTA IV.
:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

It took me about 4 hours total.

Same.

Seems like preloading on Steam goes much faster.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gonna beast mode this game and I have it all preloaded on to my ssd. I'm really excited. I am also excited for Mortal Kombat X, out on the same day.

It's good times ahead.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Gonna play this game

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

Over watch these nuts!!!!!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm really excited imp zone

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Good lord this video editor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ITAnNzj-zg

can't wait to see what people make with this

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

2 hours!

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It's a good, epic time to be an Imp.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Rockstar lied about only needing 5 gigs to decrypt it so now I gotta delete and just redownload the whole loving thing from scratch. :negative:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Lamar is so God drat epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko2jueHvdy8

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

GTA V Lamar "nigga" scene

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

90% done after having to delete my preload earlier and redownload it after release. And now Mortal Kombat X is unlocking in half an hour all of a sudden. Tonight is intense.

The trials and tribulations of a gamer.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

What an awesome PC port. One of the best I've seen.

After dicking around a bunch I've managed consistent 60 fps with nearly everything maxed on 2x msaa. The shadows behave kind of odd even when you have them all maxed out and there's the usual open world pop in jank but otherwise it looks and runs smooth as butter. Great stuff.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

How do you get this game to use Big Picture mode's overlay

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I can't get this game to use Big Picture's steam overlay. If I launch the game in Big Picture it just uses the standard overlay anyway.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Alright, for any GTX 780 users or similar hardware, I've achieved constant 60 fps with no stuttering at 1080p with incredible graphical fidelity. Give this a shot.

The most important thing is to turn off the in-game vsync and force it through your control panel along with triple buffering. This completely eliminated the stuttering I was having as well as framerate drops.

After that, these are the settings I was able to push it to:

- 1920x1080
- DX 11
- Fullscreen
- AF 16x
- 2x MSAA + TXAA
- Reflection MSAA @ Off
- Textures, Environments, Water, Shadows, Shaders, Tesselation @ Very High
- Ambient Occlusion, Post FX, Grass, Particles @ High
- Reflections @ Ultra
- Soft Shadows @ Softer
- Long Shadows, Streaming While Flying @ On
- High Res Shadows @ Off
- Population Density/Variety, Distance scaling all @ 100%
- Extended Distance & Shadows both @ 60%

It's so loving smooth and good looking after I messed with it for a few days and got this configuration. Hope this helps anyone who's still dialing poo poo in.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUeNf_1t9xg

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

man nurse posted:

Alright, for any GTX 780 users or similar hardware, I've achieved constant 60 fps with no stuttering at 1080p with incredible graphical fidelity. Give this a shot.

The most important thing is to turn off the in-game vsync and force it through your control panel along with triple buffering. This completely eliminated the stuttering I was having as well as framerate drops.

After that, these are the settings I was able to push it to:

- 1920x1080
- DX 11
- Fullscreen
- AF 16x
- 2x MSAA + TXAA
- Reflection MSAA @ Off
- Textures, Environments, Water, Shadows, Shaders, Tesselation @ Very High
- Ambient Occlusion, Post FX, Grass, Particles @ High
- Reflections @ Ultra
- Soft Shadows @ Softer
- Long Shadows, Streaming While Flying @ On
- High Res Shadows @ Off
- Population Density/Variety, Distance scaling all @ 100%
- Extended Distance & Shadows both @ 60%

It's so loving smooth and good looking after I messed with it for a few days and got this configuration. Hope this helps anyone who's still dialing poo poo in.

Revising this a bit. Changing TXAA to FXAA and Extended Distance/Shadows from 60% to 30% finally hit the sweet spot.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Repping the Obese Brotherhood in full on Sir Mode:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

Wear a mask when you rob a store and take it off when cops cant see you.

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

THE PENETRATOR posted:

whys this game 62 gigs

because it's really good

• Locked thread