Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
zelda 2 is badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i liked your victory bomb dance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have bested the Poison Moth and discovered the Essence of Bright Sun hidden beneath his lair.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sorry, story spoilers for Oracle of Seasons.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i really liked a link between worlds. had an old school feel to it. i also got links awakening for the 3ds for free, but i dont remember how, so i think ill play that sometime soon.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I played Link's Awakening and thought it was kind of ok but then I got stuck and THEN I lost the 3ds with the save file. well that's my story thanks for reading!

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
I'm playing through wind waker again and the first order of business was throwing the pigs into the ocean :banjo:.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Skyward Sword was good. The combat was fun enough to carry it even when some of the game was boring or stupid. It gets too much hate imo. Also it was really pretty.

Oracle of Seasons/Ages were also really good, I think they get overlooked because they weren't first-party but they're honestly among my favourite 2D Zeldas. So much charm and all the fun items and good bosses and sweet side-scrolling sections, and cool bits like the ghost boat full of skeletons that's in different places depending on whether you've played the other game or not, only getting the Master Sword when you link the two games up (I think) and getting shipwrecked and having to find all your items on some weird-rear end tropical jungle island.

Playing Majora's Mask 3DS at the moment. Just about to get to stone tower, the best dungeon. Semper games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oracle of seasons is cool because the items are kinda out there for Zelda games, like the flute that summons a kangaroo mount that can launch tornados.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Oracle of seasons is cool because the items are kinda out there for Zelda games, like the flute that summons a kangaroo mount that can launch tornados.

It was made by Capcom. that's why the items and some other poo poo seem so different

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Oracle of seasons was better than oracle of ages

you are so loving stupid

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

the hardest OoS puzzle is, kill a room full of monsters. wow, really exciting

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
ALBW is bad.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Playing Majora's Mask 3DS at the moment. Just about to get to stone tower, the best dungeon. Semper games.

I just beat MM the other day and I liked this dungeon.

Slur fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 9, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Slur posted:

ALBW is bad.

wrong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

ALBW is bad.

Your username should be "Durr".

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

elf help book posted:

zelda 2 is badass

its a good game

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Right.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Seasons really is better than Ages, though. Ages involves an incessant amount of switching back and forth and the puzzles in the later dungeons rely on three dimensions in a 2D map, and not in a cool, good way. Seasons is definitely simpler, but they actually do a better job with it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Also OoS does have puzzles, people just forget that it does because it was technically "the action focused" one. The early dungeons are easy tutorials, but later on, they are fairly typical Zelda puzzles involving switches and item use.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Yeah but the stuff with Veran's creepy tower and busting into the palace with your anime krew owned

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

They're both Zelda games and thus good but Ages definitely has more flaws.

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Seasons has the better items, magnetic gloves and roc's cape are loving sick. The 6 th dungeon after the lost woods section is really sick as well.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

stfu and play them both

ROBO_ERECTUS
Sep 5, 2007

Let me take you for a ride.
Just play all the Zeldas.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im working on it

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I don't like the first one op.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Slur posted:

ALBW is bad.

Your wrong but octoball derby was bad

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Your username should be "Durr".

lol

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I like Wind Waker the best even if that part where you gotta find all the tri-force pieces sucks.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

I like Wind Waker the best even if that part where you gotta find all the tri-force pieces sucks.

I heard HD kinda fixed this too, so it may just be a perfect game at this point.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I heard HD kinda fixed this too, so it may just be a perfect game at this point.

I will buy a Wii U ASAP if this is true

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Some of the triforce charts have been replaced by the shard itself, and the fast sail makes life in general nicer

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

SunAndSpring posted:

buy a wii u

Dec 26, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

they did make it less bad iirc

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

I'm gonna get one and a PS4 so I can own all the video games this console generation.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SunAndSpring posted:

I'm gonna get one and a PS4 so I can own all the video games this console generation.

This is the way to go.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Evil Eagle posted:

I beat Zelda 1 again yesterday, I love that game.
Hell yeah!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I've got two more heart containers to get for Majora's Mask 3D. I know 4 heart pieces are on the moon, but I'm missing 2 or 3 to finish the second to last container. So frustrating.

Soral
May 30, 2009

did you get the one from the deku scrub in the hole that only appears if you look through the telescope for a minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

It also made the Nintendo gallery not a pain in the rear end to get.

• Locked thread