Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I never did play the Oracle games for gameboy. Those, and the DS ones (Hourglass and Spirit Tracks) are the only ones I haven't played. Oh I guess Skyward Sword too, but I have that and am at the first dungeon if I actually care to beat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Nintendo is proud to announce the following changes for our remaster of one of the best games we ever developed!

- it looks like crap now
- removed Zora swimming because it was too fun
- changed every boss fight for no real reason
- added a quest log that is more intrusive than the original bomber's notebook while relaying identical information
- moved location of stone mask so it is functionally useless
- added 3d
- added touch screen functionality to easily swap masks to your item buttons without adding the ability to simply tap the mask from the lower screen to use it for some reason
- you still have to play the elegy of emptiness a billion times and it triggers an unskippable animation of you playing the song again

We hope you like it.

This blows. MM is a fantastic game, and I bought a 3DS with the thought that I could pick it up later on. They actually got rid of swimming? That was legitimately my favorite part of MM.

Oh well, not all is lost. I marathoned A Link Between Worlds this weekend and holy heck it's an amazing game. It may just be my most favorite Zelda game yet.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Honestly, both times I played Majora's Mask all the way through I forgot about the stone mask and did the pirate fortress Solid Snake style.

I love that in both remixes of Wind Waker and Majora's Mask they get rid of the really frustrating things (the eggs and the triforce hunt) when the reality should have been during beta tests of the game the QA department should have said "guys this is really dumb and frustrating to have to go back and do this over and over again, maybe we should change it."

The fact that the final boss is still laughably easy even without the FD mask is hilarious. That's still the easiest final boss in any Zelda game (unless you count the Dark Link exploit in Zelda 2).

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

01011001 posted:

this was not a smart idea. its a good system though so its all good

Nah I meant that in a "there's a lot of games I want for the 3DS" and MM had just been announced and is one of them. Other games on the 3DS have kept me plenty occupied.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I remember finding the secret room that was part of the Nintendo Power promotion in A Link to the Past by accident, and my brother didn't believe me. Then the method to get into it showed up into a Nintendo Power magazine, and I felt justified.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bicyclops posted:

oh yeah?

Then how come Link himself plays it in the Oracle games? loving burned, poo poo weasel.

He plays it in a Link Between Worlds too. I love that minigame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

net cafe scandal posted:

I don't want to start some huge, wild debate or anything, but Skyward Sword Zelda is Nintendo's most beautiful woman.

Nah I'm gonna have to say it's Twilight Princess Zelda. The brunette look is much more mature looking.

• Locked thread