Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Also, Deviant's official title is Deviant: the Renegades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Gen Con Brochure posted:

The Crossover Chronicle
For years, we’ve entertained fan requests for rules that allow different supernatural creatures to play in
the same game. This year we’re pleased to announce that we’ll create a book that’s tentatively titled
The Crossover Chronicle which will provide all the necessary rules to play within a setting designed
around the idea that every single supernatural exists and they may be aware of all the others, too. This
will be a massive undertaking never before attempted for the Chronicles of Darkness!

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

OPP just finished a dedicated Dark Eras panel. Rumor is they announced Dark Eras 2.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

OPP Forums posted:

Ok, so at this years Grand Masquerade and 24 Years Anniversy of V:tm, White Wolf Publishing made it official that the next V:tm rpg will is the 5th edition of the game, and will hopefully be released sometime Winter 2018.

What else we know so far about Vampire: the Masquerade 5th Edition, facts:

* Disciplines and Feeding will work by the "You are what you eat"-philosophy.
* Core institutions and concepts like "The Camarilla", "the Beast" and others will have have changed or shifted in meaning or operation in varying degrees.
* The metaplot for 5th edition will start right before the event known as Gehenna.
* Metaplot going forward will focus on real life players being the main characters. Transmedia will be huge focus.
* The game (and it's mechanics?) will treat humans not as blood bags but as individuals that matter.
* All licensees of the franchise will get the same "bible" to help unify the world and game universe. Helps the metaplot stay relevant and consistent.
* Metaplot progress will focus on real life players being the main characters. Transmedia will be a huge focus.

Well, then. :allears:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

There's so much to unpack there I don't even know where to start, but I do want to say I appreciate point six repeatedly mentioning they lack of any real plan.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

same

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

nrook posted:

Um, excuse me, United States vampires protect the American people by running a powerful anti-supernatural U.S. government agency. They're heroes, if you think about it.

:patriot: God bless America!

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Beasts are the Ted Cruz of the WoDCofD.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Kavak posted:

Then what's the Donald Trump? :stare:

The Seers have ensured that Donald Trump is the president.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

You done good, OPP :unsmith:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

The Tome of Secrets PDF just went out to V20 Dark Ages backers.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Cabbit posted:

Does it involve throwing a big raw steak at them and sneaking away like Bugs Bunny?

If it doesn't, find a better group. :colbert:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Null Snyper was my favorite Metal Gear Solid boss.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Monica Valentinelli just put up the outline for Hunter 2E.

http://theonyxpath.com/corebook-outline-kick-off-hunter-the-vigil/

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Berkshire Hunts posted:

I backed beast with only the most cursory glance because it was a new nWoD fatsplat & then pretty much stopped paying attention until I got my PDF. That experience makes me a little gunshy about backing Deviant, so I'll probably wait until retail.

They put the initial pdfs up for free when they launch the Kickstarter.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Related to this conversation, OPP announced a dedicated crossover book last GenCon.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

It's noit even about giving them a justification to exist - it's that they need one. I mean, you look at vampires, and their self-justifications ring completely hollow. 'I drink blood because I need it to survive, and I am a monster because God demands it of us' for example. This is because the ultimate justification of every vampiric group is 'I do this because I can, and because I am strong and monstrous enough to take it.'

And Vampire is pretty sure you realize that, that any justification is ultimately a hollow one meant to make the vampire feel better. You are meant to look at the justifications and realize how meaningless they are.

Beast wants its justifications to actually be correct, and wants you to agree with it. And that is repugnant.

Beast tries to make its protagonists simultaneously predatory, innocent, and unapologetic. Unless you are an amazing writer that's a guaranteed recipe for a narratively dissonant mess.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Axelgear posted:

Is the book coming up to DriveThru later or is it Kickstarter exclusive?

It'll be released on Drive Thru eventually, backers just got the pre-release copies.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Kavak posted:

Good. That thing was neck-and-neck in a poll when the Kickstarter was being done two years ago, I'm trying to remember what it beat.

Book of Judges Hunter, which I'm willing to bet is probably going to show up in Dark Eras 2.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

My pet theory is that the folks running Cherion are just extradimensional capitalists. They aren't here for any grand scheme, they're just here to drill for vampire oil and get those sweet cthulubucks after selling it in their home dimension for a 500% markup.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Xinder posted:

Here's a fun question: What is Santa Claus?

I dunno what Santa is, but I sure as hell know what his reindeer are.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

They sent out an email to people who backed the first one. Dark Eras 2 is going to start out with six eras with two game lines apiece, plus room for another six via stretch goals. Anything beyond that will go into a companion book.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Gen Con Brochure posted:

The Contagion Chronicle is an overarching Chronicle consisting of chronicle hooks,riveting
settings, and Storyteller aids to help present all the Chronicles of Darkness game lines into
one consistent story. In the chronicle, the Contagion acts as a motivational force and inspires
the formation of factions where vampires, werewolves, mages, mummies, etc. come together in
new and unique ways.
Once joined together to deal with the Contagion, these factions will never see their world (or
each other) the same way, and will be forever changed. Each time the Contagion emerges to
threaten the fabric of our world, the only beings capable of manipulating, slowing, weaponizing,
or halting it, are the unnatural denizens from across the Chronicles of Darkness. The
Contagion permeates Infrastructure and warps the known antagonists and supporting blocks
present in the lives of every inhuman being.

Also, Mummy 2E was announced.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

The idea always I found interesting wrt Geist was that the characters were the only splat that had a clear choice in becoming what they are (with the exception of some Demons), so I'm hoping that gets explored a bit.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

At a glance:

A lot of Hill's more extensive overhauls from the early previews seem to have been walked back. IE - Seemings are back to being about your durance.

The Seasonal Courts are explicitly tied to the first four stages of grief.

Kiths are back to being a subclass of Seeming, but are still divorced from specific ones. Only 12 example Kiths in the text with a section on how to make your own later in the book. Also the example Kiths have much larger write ups than the little blurbs they got in 1E.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

And Changeling is funded.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

cptn_dr posted:

World Of Darkness Megathred: All Vampires are of the Worm

World of Darkness Megathread: Goth without rhythm and you won’t attract the worm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

They got a Netflix deal coming any day now.