Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

ZearothK posted:

Hey, there's a character in my game who's the lead for a band and her public persona is a vampire. It's the 80's, that flies. Also she's a Changeling.
One of my favorite characters was a mud-packed lumbering gentle giant who lurked the Prague sewers and only wanted to help people despite them being horrified by his presence as a Nosferatu. Playing to type but actually not being the type is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Obviously the easy ("easy") way out would be getting the now-alive person kidnapped by the Gentry so they leave a fetch behind, then jamming the bonus soul into the fetch to make a real boy, then rescuing them from the Gentry. Definitely wouldn't cause any more problems.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Any Vampire game can be The One if you're brave enough, have enough Willpower to beat diablerie tests, and enough Obfuscate to beat peoples' Auspex

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

my example Odsecen npc was/is going to be called Parasite Steve

speaking of which, can any radical crunch-heads help me out with this?
I suggested part of it so I like 1; also I like the physical stats thing, just say those are a measure of your ability to puppeteer the body (so if you have STR 5 in a STR 1 body, cool, guess you're making that wimp the hero of the beach)
2 I'd say specify it's skills/abilities otherwise good
3 simple, but solid
4 sure; maybe specify some sort of bonus if it's done during a grapple (or say it can only be done during a grapple, or against an unaware target, or unaware-or-grappled, something?)
5 gross and yes.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Shrecknet posted:

car wizards?

You watch that gif like 3 times and you'll never wonder again why there's an entire Hunter book for killing mages.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I mean the obvious solution is to not LARP with these people because they suck instead of casting pearls before swine over and over

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

a neat cape posted:

So I have a dilemma.
I'd check with the 13th Age thread or the Chat thread.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

New Night Horrors preview brings to mind our soulchat from awhile back

quote:

Vedmak do not place themselves within their own attached souls, since this produces a paradox: a Tremere inside a soul, inside a Tremere, inside a soul…. The Storyteller is free to invent a strange consequence for characters who do it anyway.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Geist 2e's also a huge step up from the 1e, in terms of playability and also having stuff to do, but so far the 2e gameline consists of the corebook, which I don't think is even out in final PDF yet?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

edit
me: (slaps roof of torpored ventrue methusela)
me: this baby can fit so much chattel slavery in it
Obfuscate Dramatic Failure: saying the quiet part loud

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

If I remember correctly all Requiem vampires are implicitly in the process of becoming something else, albeit through a circuitous and non-guaranteed route. poo poo gets really weird at high Blood Potency levels.
I want to say that the only splat whose Power Stat increasing doesn't get weird and bad for them is Mages, but that's because everything around them is probably weird and bad already.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

MonsieurChoc posted:

There was a Legacy in Silver Ladde rimplied to be tainted by some otherworldly entity.

There was also the Merovingians Proximi family.
Oh yeah there's definitely ways to get hosed up as you go (like, "be a Scelestus") but it's not as guaranteed as vampires turning Weird, werewolves getting all spirit-y and requiring carnivore flesh or worse, changelings slowly becoming True Fae, sin-eaters turning ghost-y, prometheans become magnets for bullshit and ruin the world around them even harder, and I'm certain without wanting to learn anything about them that beasts do too. Demons and mummies don't really have the problem because they have ways to just Be 10 Power Stat, I think?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Libertad! posted:

Demons have a Cover stat in place of the Integrity equivalent, which is not tied to a moral or psychological foundation so much as their ability to elude detection by the God-Machine and its angels. To use a video game analogy, Cover 0 would be like entering the "Alert" phase of a Metal Gear Solid game or a Five-Star Wanted Level in Grand Theft Auto. Granted, I am only partway through the chargen chapter so someone else may go into better detail than I.
Oh yeah but for what I'm talking about, I'm thinking about their Primum, like vampire Blood Potency, werewolf Primal Urge, etc.

However while you're talking about it, I do like how they handle Cover, and I like that WtF 2e Harmony does another "yeah this isn't really 'morality' so much as 'a measure of how much you're This Thing'" Integrity-alike.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Hell, I'd say the best fit would probably be just giving them whatever Dread Powers or Gift options seem appropriate to the Lampreys; maybe your disciplines get stuck at whatever they're at, but now you can buy gifts of Blood, Hunger, Nature, Warding as though you had...let's say Cunning, Honor, or Wisdom renown? Since now you can't get More Vampire, just More Lamprey.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

neaden posted:

Changelings don't just turn into True Fey by gaining Wyrd, and in second edition Sin Eaters get more in sync with their Geist as their power stat goes up, they don't become more ghosty.
Changelings it was strongly implied in 1e anyway, and in 2e you start hitting breaking points against Clarity with progressively larger pools, until Wyrd 10, the equivalent breaking point as premeditated murder. And Geist I'm thinking of 1e's "spend more time in the Underworld" track, but in 2e you do start to get a liminal aura that applies the Controlled condition, letting nearby ghosts just merge with poo poo for fun.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Inzombiac posted:

I would but my home game is ramping up and we'll be starting on a week or two.
If I get any good stories out of it, I'll post them here.

Talk to me about your Nosferatu mutations. I don't want to play someone that is just monsterously ugly, I want to be unnerving. Like a big frog mouth or an aura that makes people have really dry eyes.
Eyelids that blink from the bottom up
A solid chunk of bone in place of separate teeth
A cluster of holes like lotus flower seed pods where your ears should be
Hair that looks like spiraling fingernail clippings
Nose with a single, central nostril
Footsteps and incidental contact (like brushing a hand against a desk) that always sounds wet and sloppy
Hands that leave sticky, full handprints on anything they touch
Arms and legs without visible elbow/knee bones, the flesh just bends there

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nessus posted:

You're just describing Yuffie from Final Fantasy 7 now.
Am I Wrong

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I had another idea for a Nosferatu and it's an affliction where people interperate your words and actions in the worst possible way. Like, everything you say comes across as dripping with scorn and sarcasm, your slightest physical moves look like you're taking a swing, and people just assume you're dumb because they cannot physically comprehend what you're saying.
Aura of "This Fuckin Guy" - 3pt flaw

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The best way to merge the Giovanni with the Samedi and Cappadocians is for the latter two to eat the former.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

ogresque posted:

more nosferatu disfigurements

hair naturally looks like a really bad wig
eternally bleeding nose
skin exposed to any light gains a burned appearance a day later and "heals" slowly
teeth shaped like tiny clawed hands
large protrusive eyes that occasionally extend themselves on small stalks
Hands with no fingernails (just smooth skin to the tip) and see how long it goes before someone notices and just starts throwing up

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

DSPaul posted:

Honestly, all the “independent” clans could go the way of the Ravnos and the setting wouldn’t lose much. They all started out (in 2e) as dumb, offensive stereotypes. There have been heroic efforts to retcon them into something interesting, but there’s a limit to how much you can polish those particular turds. Then again, I prefer Requiem for just this reason, so I’m probably not the target audience here. But if you’re committed to nostalgia over actual quality, why bother to make changes at all? (I know, I know — because Ericsson wanked all over 5e, and the new writers have to deal with the mess he left. Poor bastards.)
Yeah no I agree on every point, but if one of the selling points (is it?) of owod/WoD is that the metaplot actually changes options, "yeah these guys are clans now, those guys are food now" would be an interesting change to make.

Rather than a metaplot being "here's what changed ok go, go, go, STOP THIS IS EXACTLY AS FAR AS ANYTHING EVER CHANGES" which is the sense I get of a lot of it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

joylessdivision posted:

Are the edges that bad? I haven't gotten that far to see what they can actually do. I did get far enough to ask "What the hell is the point of the Martyr Creed?" Because I do not understand their purpose.

Every other Creed makes some sense (Innocents seem like another not particularly useful team member to have around) but Martyr is kinda baffling.
https://projects.inklesspen.com/fatal-and-friends/night10194/hunter-the-reckoning/

For all your "HtR seems...bad" and is, needs.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Does flipping from ghoul to full vampire clear blood bonds, or is supercop just now even more deeply under the thumb of everybody in town?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nessus posted:

That depends on how long the guy was on the take. I think you can only have one full Bond at once but you can have multiple 1 or 2-level bonds, and since in this scenario the Hot Cop is possibly getting stuffed full of blood on a semi-daily basis, he might effectively have some kind of interior vaulderie going on.
Loyalties pictured below:

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nessus posted:

Moving this here from F&f: wouldn’t most vampires not on Humanity just become Spectres rather than wraiths? I guess maybe not some of the less kill happy paths. But scouring your dome that way seems bad for your potential Psyche.

On the other hand Intimitation might make it very easy to get on a Path.
Yeah, I'd think just about any of the Paths that aren't sufficiently Humanity-adjacent (or, like Scorched Heart, kill off the emotions that would empower your Shadow) would fast-track a dead vampire into Spectre-dom, since so many of them are about "be an overt hideous monster" or "yes, listen to the voice in your head that says Do Murders" and that's Spectre 101.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Nessus posted:

Vampires might end up with strong but relatively dumb Shadows in a lot of cases. Since I imagine most of the successful ones tend to front the manipulative aspects of their personality.
True, and in fairness, when you're used to the Beast giving you a constant droning buzz of "rip and tear, kill and drink," some dipshit whispering in your ear about being sad and sulky for eternity doesn't really land as hard. Also, you're already used to living a hideous half-existence, and not seeing the sun, and wait a second do vampires make the most well-adjusted wraiths?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Bogart posted:

mages...... are they good, or bad?
Yes.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I thought the reason was because v5 posters tend to get probated and then banned from this thread for posting like it's 1999

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I Am Just a Box posted:

:yeah: to everything here.

The contrast between the Contagion Chronicle and Deviant Kickstarters feels really stark to me. You can see the careful attention Dave B. and Eric Z. have poured into focusing and directing the development of Deviant over multiple years.
Echoing this as well, as someone whose Contagion Chronicle pledge fell off a cliff as the manuscripts came out and I saw what I was going to get, I'm probably going to upgrade my Deviant pledge from PDF to hardcover before it's over. Pending any insanely bad power fuckery when we get to the powers section, it's just a really tightly-executed, narrow-scope mechanical set, while also being broad enough in terms of scope and fluff to explicitly account for "raised to be the Antichrist" in the same game as "is Cyborg."

Like, it's Doom Patrol. It's The Doom Patrol Game. The maniacs may have done it.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't think people are going to observe a rule that throws the most popular WoD property out of the WoD thread. "It's all poisoned" isn't anything like a consensus.
Then you make two threads: WoD (through 20th Anniversary Editions)/CoD, and V5. If people really want to post they'll post, and if the majority-content of this thread ends up laying fallow while a new Rome grows in the V5 thread, we will have our answer.

This is literally how we got a TG Discussion forum by the way: The argument was made that having PbP and TGD side-by-side was confusing and annoying for people who wanted to post about games but not play games by posting (because the PbP content would shove any slower-paced thread off the first forums page or two pretty reliably), so they made two forums, despite moderation at the time insisting that there wasn't enough interest to support the discussion threads. TGD Supremacy, Happyelf Total Victory.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Loomer posted:

The World of Darkness is not a lifestyle and if you say it is I will mock you.
You are, and I say this will all sincerity and reverence, the only person in this thread that I feel this statement would carry weight from.

Did we ever get global mummy stats from your project?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If you can include a drivethru link to the Horror Recognition Guide https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/59880/Hunter-Horror-Recognition-Guide I know it would save a step when people ask "what's good for getting into CoD / what's good fiction for the setting / what's good for some game ideas"