Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007
I am very witty: nit-witty, dim-witty, and half-witty.

Cabbit posted:

So they're.. what, Raising Cane's?

Well you could make an argument that Vitae is a most addicting sauce...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

You know, beyond all the extremely problematic content, there's another very good reason that Beast fails as a line - it's central premise, that Beasts keep humanity connected to the ~Primordial Dream~, and do so by making people terrified/victimized, is already something that other splats do.

The Lancea Sanctum, the Hunters in Darkness, the Autumn Court/Scarecrow Ministry, etc; every splat already has a group whose schtick is essentially "Humans need to be scared shitless, for their own good."

Beyond being just juvenile trashy garbage, it's loving recycled juvenile trashy garbage. It's a single faction concept trying desperately to shoulder the weight of an entire game-line.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Axelgear posted:

I really need to read the Ordo Dracul book some time. I've always had this impression of them as a bunch of radical loners whose studies isolate them from society at large and only really see them come together in large numbers to show off and share tips on their depravity; the Otaku of the Vampire world,.

There's definitely a lot of that in the Ordo (They don't proselytize, demonstrate, or really recruit in an active way, and tend to make other covenants nervous considering the Ordo's mild 'gently caress it all' attitude towards Domain politics...), but there's also a strong sense of an old-fashioned university or philosophical school, where cabals of students learn at the feet of more learned professors and mystics.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

WINNERSH TRIANGLE posted:

Cool, a friend of mine has invited me along to the local BNS LARP and I was considering spending my initial background dots on influence (since there's very little character-fitting to spend it on for a low-generation neonate after one dot of generation), lol, glad to hear that it's as busted and quadratic as I thought.

Best part is either everyone has tons of Influence and using the subsystem becomes a hellish slapfight, or nobody does and you can stomp everyone into the ground with a handful of emails to the ST. :drac: Politics!

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Yawgmoth posted:

I just got Protean 5 and so I get to pick a 5th animal form to transform into. Currently, I have bear (for murder), owl (for flight), cat (for stealth), and wolf (for tracking). I also have the Swarm Form merit so that's a thing to consider. We're playing in Chicago. Anyone have any suggestions? Something useful I am perhaps forgetting?

Swarm of mosquitoes, perhaps? Or maybe some sort of endless tidal wave of ravenous rats?

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Kellsterik posted:

I was more expecting the Klan as Heroes, that seems tasteful.

I know that Beast is defining the term Hero in a rather...unusual way, but honest to god this sentence is making something in my brain shrivel up and die. :smith:

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Kurieg posted:

If you want someplace colder, the Minnesota/Dakota sprawl has a ton of urban areas separated by long stretches of rural hell.

Do this. The North Midwest / Great Lakes don't get nearly enough rpg love.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

That seems like a fairly reasonable response.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

It cant be THAT bad, can it? :ohdear:

Sanguis,
Satyros!
Corpus,
Brucato!

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

nopantsjack posted:

My girlfriend wants to be an aztec punch-vampire

Kars or Wamuu?

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Sandman, maybe.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Covok posted:

Don't you mean "'Kill it' or 'gently caress it'?"

It's the WoD, both versions work.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

You're going to post it somewhere for us, obviously, right?

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Nessus posted:

:ussr:

I remember how the general Russosphere had a Mystery Shadow Doom Curtain Over It, Because, Man.

Nobody wants to deal with Baba Yaga.

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

The Changeling posted:

Has anyone had any experience using Holden Shearer's Powered by the Dark stuff to run oWOD games in a PBTA framework? The VtM one can be found here, the rest are also free on his Patreon.

I'm thinking about using it for a discord PbP game with some friends, but wanted to see if anyone else looked at it, discovered any pitfalls, etc.

I haven't used them myself, but after following the link and checking them out, I'm extremely interested in trying them out, if you're looking to run a game

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

Joe Slowboat posted:

'Vampire and also Fae' is apparently a long-running obsession for people who write WW/OPP. Sometime... this summer? I saw a dev write up a half-Changeling half-Vampire template, which was not a combination of templates that made any sense to me whatsoever.

They're both predatory (slightly less so for changelings) supernaturals who, unlike werewolves and mages, were actively and deliberately altered from a human state (as opposed to discovering their genetic inheritance or having the trippiest Epiphany ever) that manipulate mortals in order to feed off of them, deliberately organize themselves into a feudal structure for secrecy and protection, constantly make deals and bargains and trade favors, and whom both have a self-destructive tendency towards crippling psychological obsessions.

They may represent different things with different themes, but there's a lot more overlap than I think you're giving credit for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punting
Sep 9, 2007

The more magechat goes on, the more I'm reminded about that old joke post about SUPERMECHAGODZILA screaming about ''which reading is true?!''