Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
5ed just for the title alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I thought for the longest time the ending was just the unreliable narration (which was kinda a thing up to that point, remember the shoot out) taken to its final consequence: they found something, but said (to us this time) it was hillbillies.

Then they dropped the occult theme and I was sad, because now that makes no sense.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Can I just say how :allears: I am about it being called Going Loud? Every Demon is a hybrid Uboat, whispering along the ocean floor, but when poo poo gets real out come the diesels and ICBMs.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MalcolmSheppard posted:

The Arrow doesn't give a poo poo about making the world a better place except according to criteria that are unfathomable to the average person.

Individual AA members act according to their conscience and groups probably have various projects going, but yeah, they're not paladins or anything. As an organization they do not especially care about you or "society."

But wouldn't he be more usable as a pro-bono defense lawyer? Make him take health insurance cases and you fight two Seer birds with one stone!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Ferrinus posted:

Magic being public doesn't mean that all or even most mages are public, though.

Wouldn't there be even more incentives to keep your mojo secret? Who's going to be the Tony Stark to introduce the Mage Registration Act...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dammit Who? posted:

Looking forward to the new merit "Swedish Vampire", which grants +5 autosuccesses to attack rolls and renders the character immune to aggravated damage

I'm more looking forward to Crusader Kings III: Bloodlines

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
The Seers did Doisetep! Wake Up Sleepels! Forces can melt Matter beams!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kurieg posted:

Well that was almost physically painful to watch.

No it isn't a WoD RPG, in fact all we really know is that it is an RPG, and you're playing in the Bad End of someone else's story where the Villains won, and you were probably one of the Villains.

wat

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I've never played scion, backed anyway :toot:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
You know when WOD says "humans are the real monsters, not everything bad is PENTEX" or whatever? Sometimes I roll my eyes because I want there to be a vast PENTEX conspiracy, because it's cool.

And then reality hits (and writes a new story hook): http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/05/b...WT.nav=top-news

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jade Mage posted:

Eventually we'll fetch a new topic about scion 2e or something

"500m mark reached, everyone gets a puppy :3:"

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I like Ferrinus' posts

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Soonmot posted:

Is it on Netflix

it's on amazon

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Attorney at Funk posted:

Protestantism.

holy poo poo

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
also , if you gently caress with Vampires the Strix will take notice (same for other splat-antagonists)

I always thought Mages best opponentns were Outside Context Problems because the Context is a mages plaything

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

lmao

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
it's funny, I always thought Mage makes Atlantis cool, not Atlantis Mage uncool

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I wonder if you could do a Vampire game in the Blindsight universe, the world seems to be full of conflict as a backdrop.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cease to Hope posted:

It's a 1976 painting by Paul Laffoley, titled Black-White Hole: the Force of the History of the Universe to Produce Total Non-Existence.

Oh cmon, can we not directly link to abyssal intruders?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
And Obrimos easily bend light to become invisble, Acanthus are always overlooked, and Moros are shadows. They all have a way to gently caress off, and need to, to better evade the Seers Hit Marks.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
haha IKEA

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Rubix Squid posted:

We need to throw Demon the Descent to Jonathan Nolan or Netflix so we can have our biomechanical spy thriller shenanigans.

please Netflix, they don't have the budgets to even get tempted to show a Demon going loud

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
It would have made for a better splat crossover if heroes were just, you know, other splats. Hunter being the most obvious, but you can see tons of potential for others (and that Werewolf quote is a perfect setup, or a Guardian of the Veil donning the Heroe's Mask to put down a Beast etc).

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pope Guilty posted:

Stolze, Detwiller, Heinig, and Sheppard are all extremely promising but man I just can't imagine actually playing that.

those also aren't the people actually designing the game, or at least they don't appear in the team description

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm stealing Elder Hardluck for my next vampire pc, btw. It's easy enough to justify how he lost his elder stats.

make him Ventrue but don't give him Paranoia, because he's drat right everything wants to kill him :argh:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

Didn't the Syndicate create Pentex and not shut it down even after knowing about the whole Wyrm thing? "Free markets, man and what's the threat?"

No, Pentex infiltrated the Syndicate, several Great Investors (or what they are called) are Nephandi. The Syndicate itself doesn't know, and on principle would fight it.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
you can sort SCPs by rating, might be a good start

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Archonex posted:

Fittingly, this has been deleted. Looks like the God Machine someone doesn't want the truth to out. :v:

I was wondering how all these big tech firms stay afloat without being profitable

turns out twitter is infrastructure...

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah it's a great way to increase tension and encourage cross-splat, too!

so you get I dunno a Gnosis 4 Nephandi instead of an adult red dragon but just like d&d idk what they would do with treasure inflation

what are Rust Monsters?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Pirate Hunter :getin:

haha yes!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Rubix Squid posted:

What was your hunter house rule?

ZeroCount posted:

Yeah, mortals tend to edit their memories of High Magic into stuff that makes sense for them. For most humans this means rationalising the magic away entirely. For Hunters on the other hand, and other likeminded individuals, I've always suspected it often involves rationalising it as a different kind of magic. They know the supernatural exists after all, it's just a question of what kind of magic their worldview would accept.

For example, a member of the Long Night might not accurately remember the Death spell that his quarry cast but he does remember the diabolical sorcerer summoning up some power from the pits of hell to strike his friend down.
this?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
sounds actually lame as heck? why would I want to play that?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

crime fighting hog posted:

Just wanted to swing by and say here is some sick art for mage or whatever. I would love prints of this stuff.

http://www.bleaq.com/2014/denis-forkas-kostromitin

great an abyss-touched online grimoire

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Attorney at Funk posted:

It'd be nice to finally get some insight into the Adamantine Arrow.

lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Xinder posted:

someone please send this conversation to pdx/obsidian

"too expensive, too expensive, too expensive, competition does that better, too expensive, cannibalizes our IP, too expensive, "

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ahaha the end

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
are there regional differences? Pentex work councils in Germany where Bob gets a citation because he infringes on the murderfucking of the Murderfucker Work Unit?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

this seasons writers are hack frauds, I thought this was already way too heavy handed in American Gods

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

AnEdgelord posted:

The Lower Depths in particular is surprising.

"See? SEE? Stop calling us demons, dammit! I mean uhh blessit."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pope Guilty posted:

Also apparently everything Magadon makes might make you allergic to dogs?

Pentex must be destroyed :stare: