Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Rubix Squid posted:

That wasn't aimed at you, sorry. It was Metapod that I was grumping at since he appears to be under the impression that Individual growth can't happen without individual scenes. Maybe should have quoted him but that felt iffy since it was the post right above mine.

Individual growth can happen in group scenes! But in individual scenes character growth tends to happen more and typically in more interesting fashion because players have more creative freedom with their character as they get to explore ideas that only pertain to the character!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

moths posted:

Plus it's spotlight time that comes at the cost of nobody else getting to play.

Like, I don't have the time or inclination to watch a group one on one roleplay out their sexual-assault metaphors. Rules coding that into an integral part of the experience seems wasteful at best and psychologically unhealthy at worst.

You are a selfish player who clearly has an issue with someone in your group. That's not a feeding issue!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Somebody who hogs the spotlight all the time for feeding is the same as the guy who insists on roleplaying his shopping list in D&D.

Lmfao it's not even hogging the spotlight its just doing a small scene by yourself.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

moths posted:

Eveything is starting to make sense now.

Hooray you're finally starting understand how to roleplay a vampire!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

moths posted:

Well I've known for a while, and it's basically "..don't be afraid to :sever:" but sometimes it takes me longer than most to recognize the red flags.

*someone does a small feeding scene*
*moths bane activates*
Ah I must leave this group now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

So what would Bray Wyatt be in the WWOD?

*Someone posts about playing V5 in a way that is not the one correct way*
*Metapod's bane activates*
Ah, I must shitpost now.

It's hard bane but it's a necessary one

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I know some of yall have an issue with table communication so this might help https://twitter.com/MonteCookGames/status/1171825130575671296

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Nothing like the beautiful evening before vampire

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah Chicago just came out not that long ago and cult of the blood gods is going through editing and illustration I believe

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yeah it's still just a pdf

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okay oberst

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ah you're one of those people

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

GNU Order posted:

Easy now, buddy. It’s a perfectly fair argument.

The problem is when people in this thread try to argue that the game is mechanically mad because they allowed nazis to put Nazi poo poo in their books. That just doesn’t make sense.

Oh that was about the Vick comment

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

moths posted:

I guess a MAGA hat would be a better analogy.

Nah man you don't get to make the switch from a man who did his time truly rehabilitated and became a positive in the community to the maga hat get the gently caress out here

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

moths posted:

Oh sorry i didn't know the dogs got better.

I know you don't actually care and just want to talk badly about a black man who went to jail but they actually did https://www.si.com/more-sports/2008/12/23/vick-dogs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Mages are bad because they have the power expel nazis but refuse to do so

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The reason why other v5 fans don't post in this thread is because of the toxic nature of most (not all) requiem fans in this thread

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

The requiem fans weren't the ones being toxic, friendo.

Unless you're saying that everyone who doesn't like V5 must be a "requiem fan" in which case. Wow.

Nah I'm not saying that at all you can like or not like both games just fine. I'm saying the people who have been attacking me since day 1 for liking v5 have been requiem fans I'm saying the people who have been essentially me a lovely person for liking v5 have been requiem fans I'm saying the same people who have been doing that to me did not call out the real racist bullshit that was just said because they are hypocritical toxic motherfuckers that's what I'm saying

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

TheNamedSavior posted:

You've been banned before for making rape jokes. Don't pretend you care about Social Justice. :frogout:

Lmao comparing joking around about the gently caress up nature that is vampire feeding with caring about real rear end racism. It's funny how you're talking about how v5 has all this racist poo poo while seemingly ignoring when someone in this thread says something racist that truly brings your point home and not sound like you're hating a game for some other weird reason.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
One thread is fine people just need to not be hypocrites and take a step back if they truly dont understand why what they said is wrong and be willing to have a dialogue about things within or people do in the wod that may be problematic instead of attacking like hounds.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

international incident.

This did not happen

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Okay someone got death threats over the internet is being called an international incident??? Like that's bad but people are getting swat teams called on them on twitch so that's really nothing

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

No, an international incident is when Chechnya's president takes personal offense over the game and it hits Russian politics.

Man it was weird having friends who follow Russian politics but not Vampire trying to figure out what the gently caress was going on during that.

Alright foreign leader reads the book gets mad for whatever reason then what

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I've researched the incident

From what I've gathered the writers tried to tackle the persecution of homosexuals in Chechnya but did so very poorly in first person. Then Russia got mad because they brought up these bad things they are doing. Then Paradox fired the people responsible for writing it and took that section out.

Is this all correct

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

What the hell is all this

Why can't I just play a vampire in a tabletop game with a leather trenchcoat listening to Korn in a time when people could take a joke

Nah man you have to look into yourself and think long and hard if you're willing to play a game that tried to bring to light a terrible thing happening in Russia

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Kurieg posted:

You know how you bring to light a terrible thing happening in the real world? With an out of character sidebar that says "Hey this is actually a terrible thing that's happening in the real world." not speaking of it with the same gravity and realism as "The vampire sultan of Chechnya is trying to create a second ISIS."

you can dislike the execution and appreciate the thought

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

My character.
Young up-and-coming Tremere who was, and still is, a moderately-famous author of supernatural fiction in the broadly Twilight vein, with aaaallll that that implies, and is an absolute wiz with Awe.

That rules how much trouble has been being a famous author given your character

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Mine is the Nos academic, not the Tremere, but the author is such a fun character, and I keep bouncing off her in interesting ways.

We've not explored the author thing in huge detail yet beyond the resources it gives her (though the stalker has proved an interesting hitch every so often), but the interplay of writing about urban fantasy being what led her to be embraced, and now essentially being a PR person for Kindred society by continuing to do it, just slightly differently, is super fun.

There's been some amazing creativity with this game, because we are all giant nerds, 3/5 of use are also giant nerds IC. Routinely getting 10-die pools for interlligence stuff.

Oh my bad i thought the tremere was yours. Lmao she was writing about urban fantasy before being embraced that's amazing. So how does the professor work night classes only?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

He supervises one doctoral student at a time, basically. Who just got taken away to the middle east by a rival. And is one of his touchstones. That plus wake with evening's freshness (and a bit of ST flexibility on what danger means), and the vast majority of the University term taking place between October and March means he gets plenty of hours of darkness at semi-reasonable times.

Plus, this is going to be something of a plot point in future, his current mask is like... 70+, and he's going to have to update it soon which is going to be interesting given that he pretty firmly doesn't understand modern technology at all. That's going to be his downfall more than anything, academics at this university, especially classicists, double especially aging classicists, have something of a reputation which helps him out, but starting again as a 30-odd-year-old is probably beyond him now. It's going to be interesting.

I Have Plans.

Oh man having to change your identity while working at the same university that's going to be gold. RIP to that touchstone

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Tenure doesn't exist in this country.

In theory.

In practice when the University is run by vampires...

Yah he's probably screwed.

E: and my Plans probably involve leaving the Universityin the medium to long run . Which given that all 3 of my touchstones are University related and one is in her 70s is going to be painful.

Do the touchstones know he is wearing a mask or will he have to reintroduce himself to his touchstones?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

Lol if you think I thought about that when I made the character. I need to talk to the ST about the whole thing, given that this process has happened a good three or four times previously, but this is the only time when it's happened in the digital age.

And no, they aren't aware. They just think he's suuuuuper weird. I suspect his secretary probably knows more than she's letting on, though.

Oh no this could end up being messy for ol professor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The only thing worse than death is life without humanity