Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Velcoro definitely wasn't wearing body armor, but it's almost certain those were non-lethal ammo rounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I liked how Dixon got killed by the trap he helped spring. Antigone is probably the only one the higher ups want removed; Paul is an unknown quantity to them and Ray is still useful as far as they know.

They got a dead patsy and nightmare of media scrutiny now, the official investigation is probably over. It's up to Frank and his crew of questionable loyalty to solve the case now!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

And More posted:

Hopefully, the hawk-mask killer will be a bit more interesting.

It's a crow, and my money is on it being that lame guy in Frank's crew who keeps getting yelled at.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Are we doing 'words that will come out of Vince Vaughns mouth' again this week? Because I call reprobate.

I call "perfidious"!

edit: seriously, Frank is hilarious. He wants so much to better than a regular gangster, he probably buys word-of-the-day calendars and reads thesauruses! Gotta sound classy, like Brick-top or El Guapo, pretend I'm not just an impotent thug!

Blood Boils fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jul 26, 2015

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Pingiivi posted:

It will be one continuous aerial shot.

With just the voices of the characters, like a radio play. This would rule

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

It's not like Woodrough ran very far, it's probably just an exit across the block, one that Halloway and Burris and their thugs would know about. Sheesh

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I like that Nails and Ani and Jordan are a weird family now :3:

And :lol: at all the "Pizzolatto shouldn't have got rid of Fukunaga" sentiments I'm seeing everywhere - he's an exec producer, along with Harrelson and McConaughey, they brought us this season!

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

rope kid posted:

An EP credit does not necessarily mean they contributed substantively.

They produce the show. But maybe Pizzolatto tricked the other 3, with like a fake script! I bet they tried to stop him, but he was too powerful

Although I don't get the claims that his writing has been worse, it's pretty much exactly as cheesy and awesome as s.1 :shrug:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

I admit, I don't know much about how films are made, movies or television. I assumed executive producers were important and influencial positions, like getting the crew and cast and money and signing off on and promoting stuff. They get things made. But maybe it's just an honour?

Anyways, great finale to an ambitious season. Can't wait for season three! Has the rascaly Pizzolatto dropped any hints what it will be about?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Hand Row posted:

Fukunagas involvement was the lame insert of a director in season 2. That sure showed him Nick.

Almost as bad as when a director/writer inserts a critic and takes it out on them in a show.

Maybe Cary thought it was funny? Like how Tarantino is always makes himself the most cringey douchebag character. But I guess they could be enemies now, the show is so intense it has real world casualities

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

That s1 death toll thinks the ghetto rip-and-run only killed one person? :psyduck:

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Dapper Dan posted:

It reads like a parody because Pizzalito was in charge and didn't want anyone showing him up. They had an action director who is good at making action look fun, and he directed the first two dramatic episodes, which is something he isn't known for. I also admit I laughed when the bad guys just turned to the crowd and gunned them down for absolutely no particular reason.

How do you guys know so much about Pizzalito and his motivations/relationship other show runners? Some links to interviews would be cool.

And the reason they gunned down the crowd is cuz they are bad guys. Like they don't care about others

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Dapper Dan posted:

I mean, it looked like some kid playing GTA with infinite ammo. If you are a bad guy who has to worry about ammo, you typically shoot back at the people who can kill you and then get your mass murder on. The arrive, and just shoot them and then turn to shoot the cops, without reloading (they never reload in the entire scene). This is probably the thing that is the smallest problem, it was just something I found comical.

I gotta admit, I have never seen a realistic gun fight outside of war footage and security cameras. Maybe meth heads who have been tipped off that a hit squad is coming to kill them or put them in a box for life don't really worry about optimal ammo conservation? Or just reload when the camera isn't on them?

quote:

In terms of on set motivations, there's this: http://www.vulture.com/2015/07/nic-pizzolatto-cary-fukunaga-true-detective-feud.html The exec producer credit is also meaningless, you can pay for one of those and it might have even been in his contract. Producer is what matters. There are also a lot of rumors that Harrleson and McConaughey contributed a lot as well. Obviously a lot of rumor, but there seems to be some truth to it.

It's all rumor dude. And :lol: this article's links reveal he is just regurgitating someone else's speculation verbatim. Not that I expect quality journalism or even common sense from clickbait poo poo, but still

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Rangpur posted:

Final thoughts: you can have an ending which answers all the questions & ties up all plot threads, but still leave you vaguely unsatisfied. I'm glad Velcoro's son seems to have made his peace with his dad. Feels like the whole thing would hang together better without Woodrugh and the Mexicans, neither of whom did much besides muddle the plot.

So what happened to the sister from that old robbery? She was completely missing from the finale.

She left town? Ani put her on the bus, the corrupt cops might be looking for her.

Jose posted:

this was really good and its strange watching people try to pretend its not. nick pizzolatto is a decent pulp writer and I'm looking forward for s. 3

fixed

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Professor Shark posted:

lol TVIV the internet cannot abide :mediocre:, it has to be amazing or terrible

fixed. And lol for anyone who cares what a "tomatemeter score" says about anything. True Detective isn't about numbers, maaaan, it's about pulpy anti-heroes being dark and sexy and cheesy and violent.

It's like blood, in moonlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

MasterControl posted:

From half anacondas and half great whites?

Exactly. Nails was a great little character

• Locked thread