Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
bernie sanders seems cool overall but i still wont vote for him (or anyone)

also he is anti-GMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

rezatahs posted:

he wanted gmo labels. you know to give the consumer freedom of choice.

labelling implies that they are somehow dangerous, which would be detrimental to food producers because casual consumers would be more likely scared off.

because people are stupid.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Nuclearmonkee posted:

look we found him. he exists. the single issue anti-gmo label voter

its not that, i dont vote

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Nocheez posted:

I believe people have the right to know what kind of foods they are consuming. I'd be more in favor of tobacco products having an ingredients list than labeling GMO food (because GMO food is probably safe long-term) but we can't even get the government to do that.

do you think that every food producer should label the exact lineage of all the plants they are consuming? how about all the pesticides used on it (which also holds true for "organic" farming)? because just saying "GMO" doesnt tell you poo poo about it.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Carrasco posted:

GMO labeling doesn't really solve any of the problems with Monsanto

the ideal solution would be forcing its executives to personally harvest every plant that was cross-pollinated with their strains and reseed them with the original

according to the USDA even if GMO seeds cross pollinate with organic farms accidentally it can still be labelled as organic.

also monsanto has never sued anyone for cross-pollination

• Locked thread