Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
Problem description: I uninstalled bf4 because it has been giving me a memory leak after a few maps that is fixable with a restart, and thought a reinstall might fix it. When trying to redownload the game it gives me errors saying that random files (usually the same ones, some level files, and update files) cannot be downloaded to the install folder.

In the process of trying to fix this steam suddenly closed on me and wouldn't restart, so I go into my steam folder and it is completely empty. I do a shut down and let it sit for a few and restart, and the folder is populated again and steam is working fine. I also had been having intermittent issues where the ssd that origin and steam are installed on will not be detected on a restart, but after a shut down and restart it will show up again.

all of these combined issues led me to think it's a ram issue, but memtest86+ gives me no errors

Attempted fixes: uninstalled origin, deleted all programdata files. reinstalled (however when I reinstalled it said it was just updating and had me still logged into origin even though i deleted the programdata folder). ran memtest86 with no errors and crystaldiskinfo seen below. As of right now I still can't download bf4.

Says it's fine, but what's up with the temp and power on hours raw values? My OS ssd had normal values for power on hours.

Recent changes: Nothing I can think of.

--

Operating system: win 8.1 64bit

System specs: HD5870, i7 860, old intel 80gb x25 ssd for os, sandisk extreme 240gb ssd for origin/steam. 4x2gb gskill ddr3

I have Googled and read the FAQ: yep

Stoic Commie fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
Well for shits and giggles i just tried downloading bf4 again, having tried it at least 7 times so far. And it downloaded no problem and is now downloading the dlc. The only thing that has changed is that i ran crystaldisk and memtest. What the gently caress, go figure. I'm guessing I'll still have the mem leak.

• Locked thread