Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
This is the thread for complaining about your love life or for asking for advice!

I'll start.

A group of girls added me on facebook maybe two weeks ago when we met at a party and chatted. At about two different times since then, I invited the girls to join my friends and me, once when we had a barbecue and once when we went to a silent disco in the city. Both times they declined for a variety of reasons, such as living far away or being busy. I asked the one who lives far away in the group chat if I should continue bothering her, and no one has responded. Does their silence and inability to join up mean they aren't interested in hanging out or in dating? There are two girls I am interested in dating; should I just send them an individual facebook message asking them out? What should this message look like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Shimi

What's a "silent disco"?

blaise rascal

Chef Shimi posted:

What's a "silent disco"?
When you enter the bar (or event tent or whatever) the event staff gives you a pair of special wireless headphones. Music is broadcast from a DJ and can be heard in all the headphones, but no other music is played in the bar at all. It is very funny. You can dance like normally at a club, but when you take off your headphones all you hear is people people talking, quietly singing along, or maybe occasionally a grunt or some other exclamation. All you see is a bunch of people jumping up and down in time with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjZeW11kac&t=57s

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

ham_sanitizer

professional swine bather

Chef Shimi posted:

What's a "silent disco"?

everyone puts on wireless headphones that the dj beams music to

Chef Shimi

Ok. That's cooler than I expected.

GEExCEE

dopepope posted:

Does their silence and inability to join up mean they aren't interested in hanging out or in dating?

almost certainly.

monkay

The official sad poster
I went on a coffee date with this girl I met at a party. It seemed to go well, but she was acting a little weird the whole time. I can't tell if she was just awkward or what.
Then she gave me a high five when we split so idk.

morning wood

monkay posted:

I went on a coffee date with this girl I met at a party. It seemed to go well, but she was acting a little weird the whole time. I can't tell if she was just awkward or what.
Then she gave me a high five when we split so idk.

friend zoned

monkay

The official sad poster

morning wood posted:

friend zoned

I guess so. The only reason I asked her out was because she was into me, aparently.

GEExCEE

kiss her and see if she throws up

GEExCEE

Swizzbutt

social science > psychology

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Swizzbutt posted:

social science > psychology

blaise rascal

I just want to date a female jazz singer. It would solve two problems (the second is that I have wanted to play piano accompaniment for a jazz singer for years). This is almost a fixation of mine

blaise rascal

Playing along with recordings can only get you so far

GEExCEE

GEExCEE

byob 8.2: I want to make out with a girl so bad

shabbat goy

Lol

blaise rascal

follow your memes

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx

dopepope posted:

When you enter the bar (or event tent or whatever) the event staff gives you a pair of special wireless headphones. Music is broadcast from a DJ and can be heard in all the headphones, but no other music is played in the bar at all. It is very funny. You can dance like normally at a club, but when you take off your headphones all you hear is people people talking, quietly singing along, or maybe occasionally a grunt or some other exclamation. All you see is a bunch of people jumping up and down in time with each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdjZeW11kac&t=57s

That's funny and all but how do you talk to people when everyone has those bigass headphones on?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Peanut and the Gang

by exmarx

GEExCEE posted:

byob 8.2: I want to make out with a girl so bad

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH

Peanut and the Gang posted:

That's funny and all but how do you talk to people when everyone has those bigass headphones on?

tap them on the shoulder, wait for them to remove the headphones and start talking incessantly about the the first thing that pops into your head. Also make sure to follow her around a bunch for the rest of the night.

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Help me get a date, byob.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Where is a good place to pick up hot babes?

----------------

treasure bear

the ocean

Piso Mojado

drilldo squirt posted:

Where is a good place to pick up hot babes?

syria

drilldo squirt

Cumt posted:

the ocean

Whenever I see girls in bikinis I cant help but giggle, thanks for the help though.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Nsa would force food in my buthole if I bought a ticket. Been their and done that.

----------------

Damp Star Baby

Staying Legend. CA Exempt DEATH

drilldo squirt posted:

Whenever I see girls in bikinis I cant help but giggle, thanks for the help though.

ok step 1 to get dates would be to never do that unless she tells you a funny (or not so-funny) joke

I must create a system or be enslaved by another mans; I will not reason and compare: my business is to create. - William Blake

drilldo squirt

What part of can't help don't you understand buddy.

----------------

drilldo squirt

I remember one time using the persian incursion line as a joke and it worked which left me in an awkward situation and it scarred me for life.

----------------

social vegan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juaKGXrw4lU

Scentstrand

demonstrate value by showing them your weird little pecker, because large and powerful peckers are low value and abundant. Girls only care about unique peckers and also they like when you call them all the time so yeah keep doing that

BERGfu

Nag a bitch until she pegs you

Cyber Dog

i dont know what to do. ok? satisfied? i just dont know

Cyber Dog

all i know is, i can acknowledge what im feeling. and act on it or not.

Cyber Dog

i guess what im saying, is, you can come with me to the silent disco, and take a risk, or a small chance, just once, on maybe having something worthwhile in this world.

Cyber Dog

and if not our lives go on the same but once in a while, and you wont know when, youre gonna think of that moment--the moment where like me you had a chance to act, and you chose no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyber Dog

now Come to the Silent Disco

• Locked thread