Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
this game owns. most early access games are trash but this one doesn't really feel like early access that much and is fun as hell and its easy to just sit down and play a couple runs. fish is my favorite guy. thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Melting 4 lyfe

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SeXReX posted:

Melting 4 lyfe

i disagree but your entitled to your opinion.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
This game is hard, and good as well.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I really want to play it but I think its best to wait until a game is out of early access.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The Silver Snail posted:

I really want to play it but I think its best to wait until a game is out of early access.

this is the wrong mindset

its going to be a whole dollar cheaper

100 us pennies

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

SeXReX posted:

this is the wrong mindset

its going to be a whole dollar cheaper

100 us pennies

it's about spending your time with a game when it's good, instead of burning out on it while it's still unfinished.

that being said, the game is good now, and assassins can go gently caress themselves.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

The Silver Snail posted:

normally you would be right to do so, but the game is very fun as it is and doesn't really feel unfinished. play the game

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is an early access game that you will not regret buying

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

PleasingFungus posted:

it's about spending your time with a game when it's good, instead of burning out on it while it's still unfinished.

that being said, the game is good now, and assassins can go gently caress themselves.

I find myself thinking about wanting to play a lot more on weekends when im checking out new update content than during the week and I can only imagine once the updates stop coming I'll play less frequently.

anyone who is a big dumb baby who got touched in their no-no place by an early access dev should just download Wasteland Kings, the 3 day mojam prototype version of the game.

http://vlambeer.com/3/

you can get gungodz there too and that is a thing you should do.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Horror is the best and cutest mutant

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Broken Cog posted:

Horror is the best and cutest mutant

i bet you w ant to gently caress it. lmao

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

this game is good, and more people should buy and play it

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

rediscover posted:

i bet you w ant to gently caress it. lmao

There are people who don't want to gently caress horror?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i just made it past the ice level for the first time, the gamer feels are incredibly powerful

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

rediscover posted:

i just made it past the ice level for the first time, the gamer feels are incredibly powerful

lil hunter is a bitch

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

nuclear throne is really good and probably like 1 of like 2 games to ever be a worthwhile use of Early Access

melting is the best

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

SeXReX posted:

anyone who is a big dumb baby who got touched in their no-no place by an early access dev should just download Wasteland Kings, the 3 day mojam prototype version of the game.

http://vlambeer.com/3/

you can get gungodz there too and that is a thing you should do.

also play super crate box

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

mango gay touchies posted:

lil hunter is a bitch

i haveo nly killed him one time. he's a human being bitch. a real fucker

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

PleasingFungus posted:

also play super crate box

And luftrausers

Pretty much just set up PayPal to give vlambeer money monthly.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
ridiculous fishing is a good shitter game

and all ypu gasoline huffing flipper babies know that yv is the best character

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nlAeBws8bQ

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Robot Randy posted:

ridiculous fishing is a good shitter game

and all ypu gasoline huffing flipper babies know that yv is the best character

I have a macro called yv that spams b constantly

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
excellent

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

SeXReX posted:

Melting 4 lyfe

melting is super cute

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

the best character is clearly robot

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
please respect ms. chicken.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Melting is great because he's one of those characters intentionally designed to be really high risk and reward

Slap a crown on blood on him and you're in for a rarin' good time and hitting level ultra before the Labs

Rogue is also a neat concept for a challenge character but IDPD still suck until they get an overhaul

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
plant ruled so hard before the nerf to vines. i mean plant still rules just less so

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I like to pick Rebel and throw my health away making friends. I also don't know what crowns are or how to get them.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
crowns will gently caress you up

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Contest Winner posted:

I like to pick Rebel and throw my health away making friends. I also don't know what crowns are or how to get them.

crowns exist for when you think you're badass enough to roll around like a hot poo poo with a new set of rules

protip: you're not badass enough, ever

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

i cant beat big dog without playing as crystal. dodging his bullets is really hard

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

rediscover posted:

i cant beat big dog without playing as crystal. dodging his bullets is really hard

the junkyard is where the game turns into a bullet hell, if you aren't crystal it's worth considering bringing a melee weapon so you can deflect bullets and make space for yourself to maneuver

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i don't remember who it was but one new game in progress has a screen shake function and if you turn it all the way up the value goes from a number to a shaking vlambeer logo

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

rediscover posted:

Just find a corner and hide behind there to dodge waves.

Alternatively, play Horror and use your special to open up holes in the bullet waves that you can run through.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Broken Cog posted:

Just find a corner and hide behind there to dodge waves.

Alternatively, play Horror and use your special to open up holes in the bullet waves that you can run through.

or Eyes and use TK to push the bullets away from you.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

please respect ms. chicken.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

I see people give them poo poo for using game maker, but instead of "ewwww game maker" you should be saying "holy poo poo they did this in game maker?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
game maker is cool now and very powerful. its basically unity for 2d games

• Locked thread