Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
There are loads of cool games made with Game Maker(Or modified versions of it), Nuclear Throne, Hotline Miami, that Catcomb kids game, to mention a few. It's a fairly easy to use, and it's nice for people that just want to make a 2D game.

Also, I've fiddled around with making a game engine(an extremely simple one) from scratch, and honestly, I don't fault anyone for wanting to go around that process and use another alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

SeXReX posted:

or Eyes and use TK to push the bullets away from you.

use a melee weapon and send the bullets + rockets right back at him

Contest Winner posted:

I like to pick Rebel and throw my health away making friends. I also don't know what crowns are or how to get them.

until the latest update, there was a button with a crown on it in the bottom-right of the menu. I think it's still there?

one time I got a crown from a 'trove' or 'shrine' or something like that but tbh I'm still not sure how i got there or why

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

SeXReX posted:

I see people give them poo poo for using game maker, but instead of "ewwww game maker" you should be saying "holy poo poo they did this in game maker?"

people who care about how a good thing was created are basically Fedora as gently caress.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

PleasingFungus posted:

use a melee weapon and send the bullets + rockets right back at him

until the latest update, there was a button with a crown on it in the bottom-right of the menu. I think it's still there?

one time I got a crown from a 'trove' or 'shrine' or something like that but tbh I'm still not sure how i got there or why

i got there once by shooting/activating the police statue thing and letting rads get sucked into it. once enough go in it turns into a portal to crown town. at least i think thats what happened

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

rediscover posted:

i got there once by shooting/activating the police statue thing and letting rads get sucked into it. once enough go in it turns into a portal to crown town. at least i think thats what happened

ah that would explain it - I know the time police portal was involved.

tbh I just wonder if there was something else in there - I walked in and didn't explore before getting the crown and then it was over :(

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

PleasingFungus posted:

ah that would explain it - I know the time police portal was involved.

tbh I just wonder if there was something else in there - I walked in and didn't explore before getting the crown and then it was over :(

there's nothing else. all of the secret areas are really small

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

rediscover posted:

there's nothing else. all of the secret areas are really small

yv's mansion is a normal sized level

but yeah this game fuckin owns i'm glad there's a new thread and not the one i already made

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
this game is the only game i play anymore

its like that one guys thread in here way back when, except for me instead

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
it was me, it was my thread

i play other things occasionally now too that i've made the nt my bitch tho

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

The Protagonist posted:

it was me, it was my thread

i play other things occasionally now too that i've made the nt my bitch tho

im not that strong... i only reached the throne once...

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

fuc k all rats. i die to the rats in the sewers more than i do to anything else in the fwiggin game.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
serves you right for not doing the oasis skip

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Robot Randy posted:

serves you right for not doing the oasis skip

how tf do i do that

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

rediscover posted:

how tf do i do that

Get the chests and rad container on level one without killing anything

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

SeXReX posted:

then kill big bandit quickly

the trick to rats is to don't go to them. let them come to you

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I had a run yesterday as YV where I had Brraap, the lightning weapon mutation, and the lightning cannon. I beat the final boss in one brraap shot and felt really powerful. Then as soon as I looped I think i died to a crystal spider

Dec 26, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

then kill big bandit quickly

the trick to rats is to don't go to them. let them come to you

i accidentally did this once and had no idea what was going on

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

01011001 posted:

i accidentally did this once and had no idea what was going on

that's how you're supposed to do it yeah

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
this is the best early access game ive ever played but the big dog boss keeps suicide bombing me :(

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Brasseye posted:

this is the best early access game ive ever played but the big dog boss keeps suicide bombing me :(

Wait till you get to the next boss who actively tries to suicide bomb you.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Wait till you get to the next boss who actively tries to suicide bomb you.

he's a douche

what's with the 'blood' weapons? it seems like they cause big (but not super damaging) explosions that don't hurt me, but maybe that's just because I was playing Robot?

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

PleasingFungus posted:

he's a douche

what's with the 'blood' weapons? it seems like they cause big (but not super damaging) explosions that don't hurt me, but maybe that's just because I was playing Robot?

the explosions don't hurt you + they erase bullets
they are the same as metlings special attack

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

the explosions don't hurt you + they erase bullets
they are the same as metlings special attack

nice

I need to figure out how to use that guy at some point

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

PleasingFungus posted:

nice

I need to figure out how to use that guy at some point

play with no fear
bring a wrench, use it throw corpses into groups of enemies.
always throne butt
always impact wrists

the crown that does explosions doesn't effect his :(

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEvOZAFZIFE

yung venuz for xxl freshman 2015

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

his mixtape shipped on solid 24k gold records that you can't play

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

game still owns. new seeker weapons own

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
seeker pistol is loving murder.

also, I finally figured out how to use melting and he's great, especially with throne butt. super fuckin unforgiving, but great

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
still cant get past the snow level, also found out last night that the assassins reflect your projectiles when they swing :whitewater: this game is way harder than isaac.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Devs keep saying that crystals throne butt needs work, what would you guys like to see?

Personally I'd like to see it changed to being able to aim reflected rounds at your cursor. Imo adding some offensiveness to her active would be a good upgrade, rather than just getting you killed from dumb blinks into big dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

If they made the teleport a different button than the shield it would be a lot better and more useful imo. I can't tell you how many times i've accidentally teleported into bad situations when all I wanted to do was a quick shield

• Locked thread